Do you do Universal too?

We never go to Disney any more. We go to Universal at least twice a year. We love to stay on-site and get their express ride access for every ride. We never wait in line for more than ten minutes. My kids really don't like Disney at all anymore but love the rides at both IOA and USF. We have never seen a cleanliness problem and have found the staff to be great. We can't wait to go down next month and ride the new Revenge of the Mummy ride.

I have convinced them to give Disneyland a try and this summer we will do a California trip and include Disneyland as well as Universal, Knotts, Six Flag Magic Mountain, Paramount Great America and Six Flags Marine World. Our family loves amusement parks.

I've never been to Universal. I'm not really big on thrill rides, and I guess that's why I've never gone. One of these days I would like to check it out though.

Their hotels do look gorgeous!!! I'd love to stay in one of them, but would have trouble deciding which one! :D

We have a hard enough time getting our kids to ride the barnstormer in Mickey's toon town they are not big thrill ride kids. We have shown them lots of pictures that some friends of ours took last year and the resonse was this. IT doesn't look like Disney and there are no princesses so why would we want to go there hehehe thought that was cute so we have no plans to go there Lisa and I like thrill rides but like I said if we need a thrill ride fix we will drive the short drive to Cedar Point.

IOA definitely has lots of thrill rides but I find US comparable to MGM...most rides/attractions are pretty tame. We took our kids there when they were 6, 5 & 2.5 and they really enjoyed it. Ghost Busters was popular back then and shortly after we entered the park they came down the street, music blaring, car & all...my 2 DSs (6 & 5) were in 7th heaven...what a memory. :) I prefer US to IOA because I'm not a thrill ride/roller coaster person but it's still nice to visit...DD loves the rides.

We always do Universal when we go to WDW but since we travel so far, we have to get the most for our dollar. Went to IOA for the first time in 2000 and our kids - 18,16, 12 at the time, loved the thrill rides. My dh and I aren't too keen on them, so we just people watched and toured around. I find Universal is great for kids a bit older and for adults. We spent a day in each park and went from opening until closing. My husband and youngest also go to SeaWorld and love it.

To tell you the truth, the first time I went to Universal, I was not as awed as I was with Disney. It didn't seem to take the same amount of pride. But, we had gone into the original park and omitted IOA. But now, I am actually more excited to get to Universal than Disney - Ok, so this may be over exagerrating, but I am really excited. I am a speed rollercoaster junkie - and superheroes aren't that bad either. My best friend is coming with me to IOA and I am so excited for her - her favorite movie in the entire world is Spiderman plus, she loves Marvell comics. Cannot wait to see the look on her face.
Anyways, if you can factor it into you budget, I say go for it. If it fits in your timetable, go for it. But, otherwise, if you don't see the need for it, don't. But, I would never miss it.
J

Disney does have a Magic that can't be beat. We found that when we visited other parks we had to keep in mind, it isn't Disney and enjoy them for what they were. Universal has a good deal on their website "get 5 days for the price of 2", which is $94.95 (U.S.).
:sunny:

Cujo, you're right about the magic. Have you been to Canada's Wonderland lately? We went last September. I hadn't been since 1986. I guess I was expecting it to be like Disney. Boy was I disappointed. The place was a mess. I guess it was because all of their summer help had returned to school and they couldn't handle all the people who were there that day. Every garbage can was overflowing and the baby change centre was disgusting. There were no paper towels, (I didn't expect there to be bed liners) or soap or anything. We went because they were offering annual passes that gave you admission for the remainder of last season as well as this year.

Therefore, we will be going back to at least make use of the Splash Works. I now know that it's not Disney so I won't be so disappointed as last time. Besides I am going to Disney in a few months, where the magic really is.:earsgirl: :earsboy: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We're currently taking a break from WDW, until the new round of rides is ready, so won't be going back there until at least August 2005 (unless we come into some serious money, that is ;) ). But, I have been wanting to try Spiderman for some time now, and I don't want to turn 40 in the middle of an Ontario winter, so I am trying to negotiate with DH for a short vacation next Feb to try Universal. I got one of those Fan Club cards, so RPR, while not WDW cheap, is fairly inexpensive, and it's a shorter vacation, so I should be able to afford it, providing our house doesn't give us too many more nasty surprises.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

Mortlives- I am also turning 40 this November and we are going to celebrate with another trip to both Disney and Universal but it will be a few weeks early in October. The other good thing about Universal are the price of the tickets-so cheap compared to Disney. Go- you will love spiderman.

Hockeymom-when are you dates again? I just booked BWI CL for October too!! I still have two days on my three day universal pass so we will be going to use them up this time.

Thanks, Hockey Mom.

DH said yes, so now I get to start planning in earnest. Does Universal do something for your birthday, like WDW does?

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

We absolutley LOVED UNIVERSAL! We have been there 2 times
in the last 4 years. This trip we are staying onsite at the PBH for
3 nights then at the BW for the next 3 weeks. My kids are 17 &
14 and they are really excited about returning next month. I can't
understand anyone not enjoying Universal. I think it's got something for everyone. I also felt it was extremley clean and well
laid out. Try it a least once.:p

mom_rules- we are going on the 8th for our Thanksgiving. When are you heading down and are you doing a Mickey Halloween party?

Mortlives- Excellent! I am not sure if anything is done for birthdays.

bcnancy- we loved PBH last year, it was gorgeous. We have stayed at all 3 now and are trying HRH again this visit. I can't believe you are going down for almost a month-that would be so nice.

We are there on the 9th for 9 days! Looks like we will overlap.
Tell me about the Halloween Party-looks like something we might want to do too! When is the Food and Wine Festival?

Already booked my luau and La Nouba tickets.

How did you do on airfare-we are still looking for a direct flight and good rate (both hard to find on a weekend).

Where will you be staying and for how long?

I have 3 nights booked at HRH and then over to WL for 6 more. I have Dsnyfan(darren) looking into renting points for me in the villas section.

The halloween party is great atmosphere for trick and treating, doing the rides with no big line ups, and a few other little things like fortune telling. We loved it last year. It is a seperate ticket though.

No flights- driving.

The food and wine festival will be on and we are looking forward to wandering around Epcot sampling various items.

Where are you planning on staying?

We are at BWI-CL and the kids are at CBR WV. Do you know the dates of the Food and Wine and the cost for 4 adults for MNSSHP?

Food and wine- October 1st to Nov. 15th. wdwig.com has great info on this.

Tickets are $32.95 each if bought in advance for MNSSHP.

BWI cl sounds excellent, you will have to let me know how you liked it when you get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter