Do you change your pillowcase everyday???

dfchelbay

DIS Veteran
Anyone change their pillow case everyday? I saw a commercial on the fine living channel over the weekend that said that oils from your face get on the pillow case while you are sleeping. When you go to bed the next night, those oils on the pillow case, from the night before, find their way back onto your skin, and can end up giving you facial blemishes. They said you should change the pillow case linens everyday.

Do any of you have knowledge or professional experience in skin care? If so, is this true? Should we be changing our pillowcases nightly? Thanks all.

Yep it is recommend for anyone with acne breakouts and problem skin to make sure to change their pillow case daily.

Wow, I guess that's what I've been doing wrong all these years!:goodvibes
Seems like a lot of effort :upsidedow

Are you kidding? I'm lucky I change my sheets every week or two (or so).

As a teenager I did...as OPs added...it was recommended by my derm. I will say that I didn't notice a difference. :confused3

Gonna try a new strategy to rid myself of this acne problem. I won't change everyday but every other. Just flip the pillow over to get use of both sides before changing it. :thumbsup2

Well that's definetly true, but I don't think you have to go to the extreme of changing it every night unless you have the time to. If you don't have the time, do it every couple of days and you should be fine. You can always just flip your pillow to prevent this also.

Eww. I am having some skin issues. Just threw my cases in the wash.
I usually wash bedding every Monday.

I change my sheets twice a week so about every 3 days I never thought about my pillow case like that though.

We change the sheets weekly and if I am doing laundry mid-week we do the pillow cases too.

I have never had any acne problems, so no reason to change them daily. I could see doing it if you are acne prone.

With 5 beds in the house, one being a bunk & one an extra deep pillow-top California King, it's a CHORE to strip beds. It literally takes a full day & about 8-10 loads of wash to get everything stripped down to the mattress & put back on. I'm with the others that go "seriously every DAY?" Like them, if my sheets get changed once every 2-3 weeks we're lucky. Pillow cases I do try to throw in every week but I usually forget. The kids know to tell me if they need/want their sheets/pillow cases changed more frequently, but it's just not on the top of my chore list. We shower at night so we go to bed clean anyway. Now if someone in the house had skin issues I'd make it a point to change them more often, but in our house, it's not a priority.

our sheets get changed every week or two....we don't even have enough pillowcases to do it everyday.

huh. What do you know.... I have one DD who has changed HER pillowcase daily for YEARS. Well, actually she just keeps on adding another one on top of the last, so when its time to change the sheets, there will be 7 or 8 pillowcases on her pillow. Interestingly enough, she's also struggled with acne. I never connected with WHY she did that, but I bet I just figured out her reasoning!:goodvibes

As for the rest of the family pillowcases are changed with the sheets, weekly. Except for my DH, who has 7 or 8 pillows and 2 of those were made by jamming 3 pillows into a pillowcase.....I stack them up (goes halfway to the ceiling) along with a pile of clean pillowcases, but more often than not, he tosses the clean cases in the hamper instead of changing his own. :confused:

I don't, but dd16 does. She has wonderfully clear skin for the most part, but it is because she has a whole regimen. Well, she doesn't CHANGE the case each day...she uses one side one night, flips the pillow over and uses the other side the next night, then changes it. So each pillow case for 2 nights. If she forgets or gets lazy, she gets big, nasty pimples.

I don't get pimples very much at all, never really did. So I use a pillow case till I change my sheets.

I love the feel of clean sheets and we change our sheets every other day. I don't nromalyl do the laundry but DH says because i want the sheets changed so often i have to wash the sheets. :)

Pillowcases get changed about once a week. but never thought about the oils and such. I don't break out except when it's that time of the month but maybe i will change them more often now.

Lara

We bathe in the evening and wash our faces right before bed. I don't think we're getting much oil/dirt on the pillowcases.

I could see where this would help if you were just hopping into bed with whatever dirt/oil had accumulated on your face throughout the day. But I would think if you're doing that, the pillowcase is not the sole source of your breakouts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter