Do you bring a surge protector?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jediranger3, May 27, 2013.

1. jediranger3

jediranger3 Disney and Universal Veteran

Do you bring a surge protector/power ? Does Disney care? We will plugging in phones and kindles. Your thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. niccikatie

niccikatie Mouseketeer

4. ZoZo

ZoZo DIS Veteran

I learned this tip on the DIS! Such a great way to charge electronics. Plus outlets are often inconveniently located behind beds and nightstands. Power strips solve that problem!

5. NicPie

NicPie Frozen 24/7

I've never thought about that. Great tip! Thanks for posting.

6. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

The one I use is called the power squid surge 1000. I find it best for chargers and their huge plugs

7. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Definitely! The only place I could consistently find several outlets was in the bathroom, and I just don't like the mix of water and electronics. So I have one I keep in the suitcase at all times, so it's there any time I travel. It's made such a difference!

8. janiejake

janiejake Mouseketeer

Have learned to Pack one each time that we go. Multiple cell phones, cameras, computer, and dh's CPAP...the outlets are just not where you need them to be.

9. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

I have traveled with one each time I travel with multiple people. Between phone chargers, camera/battery chargers, contact lens cleaners, curling irons, hair straighteners, etc. you definitely need one.

10. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Yep, we have two in our Owner's Locker.

11. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

Glad to see you like this one as I have it on my Amazon Wish List to purchase when we get closer to out trip. With 2 Kindle Fires, 2 cell phone and 2 cameras with rechargable batteries, a surge protector sure seems like a must have for any vacation.

12. tinkermommyof3

tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

We forgot our surge protector on our last trip. It was tough finding enough open outlets in our room. A surge protector is on the top of the packing list.:thumbsup2

13. NicPie

NicPie Frozen 24/7

What's a contact lens cleaners? I mean, obviously I can figure it out by the name. I'm just asking because I know tons of contact wearers, my husband and my mom and two brothers included) and nobody has any sort of plug-in device for them.

14. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

I did 30 years ago. But I think I was able to get rid of it around 1990, or so

15. shyjade

shyjade DIS Veteran

I'm another one who doesn't travel to Disney without a power strip/surge protector. I just bring an extra one from home.

16. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

We take a power strip anytime we stay overnight anywhere. Between 3 handheld game systems, our phones, the iPad, and the Kindle, we never have enough outlets. :rotfl:

17. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

We bring 3 when all of us travel. My husband needs one just for all of his electronics.

When I go solo, I bring one so I can have everything plugged in one place instead of scattered all over the room.

The ones we use have the USB plug in too so my DD and DS can charge their Ipods.

18. Jmacsmom

Jmacsmom Earning My Ears

Absolutely. With 2 smartphones, an ipad, and 2 Touchs there I'd hate to see something get fried due to a surge.

19. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

20. jediranger3

jediranger3 Disney and Universal Veteran

Thanks to all for responding. Packing one right now.

21. goofyredraider

goofyredraider DIS Veteran

This. (just replace Kindle with Nook...LOL)>