Do you book split stays?

• No, we haven't booked a split stay yet

Votes: 29 16.8%
  • Yes we have booked split stays, and we enjoyed it and may do it again

Votes: 105 60.7%
  • Yes we have booked split stays, but we'd rather not do it again

Votes: 39 22.5%

• Total voters
We do split stays only when necessary to complete our desired stay length. Once we did 3 resorts in one trip - it was a bit much for us.

We love split stays but have also found our sweet spot of staying at least 4 days at a resort. We drive from PA and usually stop at HHI either going or coming home, do a split stay in the World usually for 4 nights each and then Vero Beach for another 3-4 nights. I think our split stays started because I couldn't decide where to stay.

I've got a split stay for food and wine because of the number of points I had available.

2 nights at BCV and 7 nights at BWV. Otherwise I would have had to wait for 7months. Easier to just change rooms.

I'm surprised at the landslide support for doing split stays. DW doesn't like them. Shh, don't tell her our next trip includes a split stay between PVB and VGF, as I added on one night at PVB just to try it once.

We do splits for trips of 7-10 days. One trip was 21 days at BWV. I think we should have done a split.

I don't know exactly how to answer the survey. Yes, we have done many split stays, but it isn't negative experiences that keep us from doing it anymore. We just prefer to unpack once and stay put.

This is why we do not book split stays...I have a hard enough time initially packing just to get there. I have no desire to repack the family to move to another resort or room during my stay. I would rather spend more time in the park!

We will be doing our first split stay in December. I always start planning a vacation less than a week long but it always grows. So now we have our arrival night at Pop, 5 nights at VWL then 4 nights at AKV. I hope it all goes smoothly! I can't say I'm not worried at all.

I also think what kind of a vacation you want. We bought DVC in 1998. Unless we have newbies with us we visit the parks to see what's new and revisit favorites. The majority of our time is at resort enjoying the surroundings. So switching it up works great for us. DVC truly is our homes away from home

I'm surprised at the landslide support for doing split stays. DW doesn't like them. Shh, don't tell her our next trip includes a split stay between PVB and VGF, as I added on one night at PVB just to try it once.

I would waitlist a 2nd night at Poly to get a better feel personally.

We are doing a split stay right now! But leave tomorrow booo. Originally three nights BWV to do HS and Epcot, and four VGF. But then decided to drive all in one day so added a night at BLT at the last minute. I consider that night no different than stopping at a motel on the way, with the added bonus of walking to MK our first day while Bell Services took out luggage. I used switch day from BWV to VGF to drive to Animal Kingdom since then no need for busses. Just drive to new resort in the afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the split stay this trip.

My trips are generally short (4-7 days). I'm still working out where I want to buy another contract for longer stays and find the best the way to do that is spend a night or two at a resort and then switch to lower point value resort.

Since our family normally cooks in our room and utilizes DME, it's a little more difficult for us to change resorts. We have to pack up our clothes and groceries as well and wait for bell services to pick them up. When it's a family trip for a week, I prefer not to move.
Last October DH and I spent 2 days at VWL and 2 days at BLT. On that particular trip, we only had a studio at both so we only packed our clothes to move. It was a nice trip and we had a chance to check out BLT since it's a resort where we don't have enough points for a family stay. To me, the resorts are totally opposite so we had two totally different experiences in a short time.

We are not DVC owners, but have a split stay by necessity coming up in March - we are at BLT 2BT lake view the entire time, but are staying 2 nights and then 6 nights. Somehow the resort could not book it as one continuous reservation. Normally this wouldn't be too much of a drain, but my elderly parents will be with us (just explaining the concept will be hard, mom has dementia) and we will have a 3 month old baby and a 4 yo. Which, I suppose, is better than having a 1 or 2 yo, but still... I'm a llttle daunted by the thought of moving and checking out and back in. Those of you who have done split stays by necessity, or have had challenging travel companions, do you have any tips or suggestions for us? Many thanks.

As for the poll above, if we were staying more than 7 days (as we are now, but... ) AND had easier travel companions (for example, just DH and I, and both kids were 3+), I think a split stay would be great. But right now, it's not the ideal situation.

We typically stay 10+ days and like to start in one resort for first 3-4 nights and move on to another for the balance of stay.

I think there should be a category: "Yes we have booked split stays and we enjoyed it and DEFINITELY will book them again.

Love them even for a 4 night/5 day stay - 2 + 2.

We don't mind split stays. We leave in a couple weeks and are actually staying at 3 different places this time. :eek: It started out with just 4 nights in a Poly studio. Then we decided to stay longer and booked a couple nights at Jambo. Then we decided to leave a day earlier and just booked one night at Sports. This is our 4th trip in a row that we have done split stays. We typically don't unpack all that much, so moving our things over isn't much of a hassle. I like staying at different resorts to see what they are like, and love that Disney makes it so easy to do!

For all of you split stay pros- we have two booked this year and I am getting worried about FP+. Our stays are each ten days. Will I be able to make my bookings for both parts of the stay or is it like ADRs where they only let you do one section of your stay at a time?

We did a split stay once and it was just too much work and we felt like we lost a day of park time. Packing up everything, putting groceries in boxes/coolers, having the resort move them to another resort, then unpacking everything at the new resort. too much trouble for us, I'm afraid.

We did a split stay once and it was just too much work and we felt like we lost a day of park time. Packing up everything, putting groceries in boxes/coolers, having the resort move them to another resort, then unpacking everything at the new resort. too much trouble for us, I'm afraid.

I agree. We also have two little kids, one who naps best in a bed, so split stays are very inconvenient.

We have only stayed 5-7 nights, so it's not worth splitting. We have had to move rooms within the resort for various reasons (room not working, last minute flight cancellation so moving to a new room), and hated moving or having to wait till 4pm for our new room.

Maybe when the kids are older, or if we stay 10+ nights.... Then a split stay where we stay at least 4/5 nights in each resort could work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter