Do you avoid EMH parks at all costs?

What is your opnion on EMH days?

• I avoid EMH days at all costs

• I go if I have to, but I don't care for it

• I don't notice a difference

• I love the park on EMH days

Results are only viewable after voting.
in Feb we did all the EMH early and late and loved it... we got to see lot's we hadn't before...planning to do most of them in Dec:santa:

Since we have stayed offsite for our last 3 trips, we obviously avoid the parks with EMH hours.

On our last onsite stay, we did one evening EMH, and didn't notice a big downturn in crowd levels. If we go and stay onsite again, I'm sure we would try out some more EMH days.

Just this past month while I was there, I was meeting up with someone from the boards. They suggested MK. I reminded them that MK was a red day, Epcot was a green. We did Epcot, very enjoyable.

How do you know if it is a red day or a green day?

In my opinion, EMH days get a bad rap. I can't really comment on the early EMH's, since I am not much of an early riser, but I have never experienced a bad or overcrowded nighttime EMH.

I love AM EMH (only if I can actually get to the gates at 8am), but I have found PM EMH to be extremely crowded, and a waste of time--- at least during the first 2 hours. The third hour will get quiet, and you can get lots done, but you have to sit tight for the first 1.5 hours/2 hours.

I have never been to an EMH, but this trip maybe. We will have 3 days at MK and the EMH evening is tempting, just for fun. We wll be at RD and are leaving around lunch time to go back to the hotel, then dinner at Ohana at 5:00. It is tempting to go and check out MK after dinner, without worrying about riding anything, just walk around, unless it is over crowded, then we will leave.

I have only been to EMH evenings at MK and Epcot, and really enjoyed them. Have never tried an EMH morning yet.

We avoid them. My dds are little and neither wake up early nor stay up late so that precludes us from both ends.

When they are older we will do them.

Monica

from various things I've read, I think they are supposed to be good (morning OR evening) in early-mid December before the big Christmas rush starts.

Does this seem correct?

I have always traveled during April vacation and have only liked the morning EMHs. The night ones seem too crowded.
But I will be going in early Dec this year so maybe the night ones will not be too bad.

I stay on property and love em. I can understand if I was off property and was an hour behind the crowds in the AM. I probably would avoid them on that day also.

At night, yes, it's crowded, but chances are, I already hit the headliners on the EMH morning, so I just get to enjoy the park being open late. Yes, I am crazy, but there is a unique atmosphere at a night EMH that cannot be topped.

This is a little off topic but i figured you guys might could help me. We usually avoid the parks that have extra magic hours especially evening ones and that tends to be pretty much on target with the days UG recommends. Well I'm looking at June 11th & 12th and one of those days we need to go to MK and one day Epcot. I initially decided Epcot on the 11th and MK on the 12th to avoid evening EMH but UG has them switched and recommends epcot on their EMH day. What would you guys do?

If we are going to the park with EMH obviously we don't avoid it. But if we aren't going to the EMH park we'll go somewhere else.

Can't figure why people would not attend extra time in any Disney park, it's free and if you don't like it, you can leave. If you never attended one, how are you going to make a decision? I never believe what anyone says, we'll see for ourselves. We attend, if its crowded we shop around, something we don't do when the parks aren't crowded, we see the sights, the nooks and crannys we by pass most of the time. The extra hours gives us the opportunity to do this and if we pass an attraction that's not to crowded, we go in. what else are you going to do, stay at your resort? take the MK, closes say 12 midnight, but EMH at till 3 am, that's the coolest time of the day, most families with small children at in bed, it's a blast. We'll always give the EMH a peak, didn't cost us nothing, free transportation to the park and we always have AP's so hopping is no problem

I can't believe anyone would believe a magazine prediction of crowd levels, when to go and when to stay away, even subscription services that predict, it's all just a prediction in the future based on past year attendance. If it's your bag, more power to you but we just like to make those decisions ourself and give it the old eyeball, no regrets yet and we have 40 trips under our belts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter