Do wedding guests get discounted tickets?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by janine, Oct 17, 2005.

1. janine

janine DIS Veteran

Hi
    Just wondering if wedding guests (and bride & groom for that matter) still get discounted tickets? if so do you know how much discount they get?

Thanks
    Janine

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. akamom

akamom Are we there yet?

I don't think the guest gets discounted tickets. I'm not sure about the bride and groom though.

4. giddygirl

giddygirl Earning My Ears

I know that with custom weddings, guests do get a discount, albeit a small one. It's usually $5-$10 off. HTH

5. janine

janine DIS Veteran

Hi
    I thought my EM said $5-10 when I first spoke with her, but I looked on my wedding web site and it says $50. See below. trouble is when I clcik on the link, it wont let me purchase anything except an annual pass at regular price??!
    Our Wedding Website | Calendar of Events | Activities | Registry | Album

Janine Wightman & Damian McLoughlin

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Be sure to take advantage of a $50* savings, compared to regular Walt Disney World Resort gate prices, on 2- and 3- day theme park tickets designed especially for our wedding guests.

Not available for purchase at theme park gates.

Purchasing in advance saves time & money.

Multiple ticket options available to accommodate any wedding schedule.

6. akamom

akamom Are we there yet?

Wow, that's cool! I thought I read that they didn't. Sorry. :)

7. ead79

ead79 <font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v

Yes, wedding guests get a small discount on tickets for custom weddings. I believe our discount was in the $5 - $10 range.

8. Mary626

Mary626 DIS Veteran

I've been having the same problem, thought it was because our wedding was still far away. hmmm Now I am confused, I'll have to ask my EM.
    :confused3

9. twojo21

twojo21 disney bride 32106

custom wedding guests do get a discount on tickets for 2, 3, 4, 5 day + park tickets which are 10-20% off. as for us, the bride & groom we received annual passes with our contract, which was so cool.

2006 tickets arent available to purchase yet per my em but should be available in november/december. i also know as my guests have been trying to purchase them. but from the 05 rates she gave me 2 day passes were $104 each, the current rate is $119.50 for a regular 2 day pass, so a savings of $15.50 which is like 13% off.

10. Mary626

Mary626 DIS Veteran

Great, thank you so much!

11. LIPurple

LIPurple Earning My Ears

The pricing I got for discounted tickets for an intimate wedding is 2-day park hopper with one admission to Pleasure Island $105, and 3-day park hopper with one admission to pleasure Island for $165.

If you compare it to a 2-day PARK HOPPER and a one day admission to Pleasure Island it is more than a $50 savings. A 2-day hopper ($154) with one PI admission ($21) = $173.
    Disney wedding guests actually save $68 when using the discount and paying $105. :earseek:

A 3-day PARK HOPPER ticket is $206 and one PI admission is $21 = $227
    . Disney wedding guests pay $165 = savings of $63. :earseek:

I think you have all been comparing the prices to a regular park ticket WITHOUT HOPPING and no PI admission. Those prices are 2-day ($119) and 3-day ($171). That is why you think it is only a $5-10 discount.

You need to have the paper that comes with your planning kit when you call for tickets for wedding guests. There is a discount code on it that you have to give to WDW to order them for the discounted price.

HTH
    Tammy