Do wedding guests get discounted tickets?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by janine, Oct 17, 2005.

1. janine

janine DIS Veteran

Hi
    Just wondering if wedding guests (and bride & groom for that matter) still get discounted tickets? if so do you know how much discount they get?

Thanks
    Janine

2. akamom

akamom Are we there yet?

I don't think the guest gets discounted tickets. I'm not sure about the bride and groom though.

3. giddygirl

giddygirl Earning My Ears

I know that with custom weddings, guests do get a discount, albeit a small one. It's usually $5-$10 off. HTH

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. janine

janine DIS Veteran

Hi
    I thought my EM said $5-10 when I first spoke with her, but I looked on my wedding web site and it says $50. See below. trouble is when I clcik on the link, it wont let me purchase anything except an annual pass at regular price??!
    Our Wedding Website | Calendar of Events | Activities | Registry | Album

Janine Wightman & Damian McLoughlin

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Be sure to take advantage of a $50* savings, compared to regular Walt Disney World Resort gate prices, on 2- and 3- day theme park tickets designed especially for our wedding guests.

Not available for purchase at theme park gates.

Purchasing in advance saves time & money.

Multiple ticket options available to accommodate any wedding schedule.

6. akamom

akamom Are we there yet?

Wow, that's cool! I thought I read that they didn't. Sorry. :)

7. ead79

ead79 <font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v

Yes, wedding guests get a small discount on tickets for custom weddings. I believe our discount was in the $5 - $10 range.

8. Mary626

Mary626 DIS Veteran

I've been having the same problem, thought it was because our wedding was still far away. hmmm Now I am confused, I'll have to ask my EM.
    :confused3

9. twojo21

twojo21 disney bride 32106

custom wedding guests do get a discount on tickets for 2, 3, 4, 5 day + park tickets which are 10-20% off. as for us, the bride & groom we received annual passes with our contract, which was so cool.

2006 tickets arent available to purchase yet per my em but should be available in november/december. i also know as my guests have been trying to purchase them. but from the 05 rates she gave me 2 day passes were $104 each, the current rate is $119.50 for a regular 2 day pass, so a savings of $15.50 which is like 13% off.

10. Mary626

Mary626 DIS Veteran

Great, thank you so much!

11. LIPurple

LIPurple Earning My Ears

The pricing I got for discounted tickets for an intimate wedding is 2-day park hopper with one admission to Pleasure Island $105, and 3-day park hopper with one admission to pleasure Island for $165.

If you compare it to a 2-day PARK HOPPER and a one day admission to Pleasure Island it is more than a $50 savings. A 2-day hopper ($154) with one PI admission ($21) = $173.
    Disney wedding guests actually save $68 when using the discount and paying $105. :earseek:

A 3-day PARK HOPPER ticket is $206 and one PI admission is $21 = $227
    . Disney wedding guests pay $165 = savings of $63. :earseek:

I think you have all been comparing the prices to a regular park ticket WITHOUT HOPPING and no PI admission. Those prices are 2-day ($119) and 3-day ($171). That is why you think it is only a $5-10 discount.

You need to have the paper that comes with your planning kit when you call for tickets for wedding guests. There is a discount code on it that you have to give to WDW to order them for the discounted price.

HTH
    Tammy