Do waitlists ever come through?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cmkallen, Oct 21, 2007.

1. cmkallen

cmkallen BWV Since 2006

I am leaving for my first cruise on Nov 17 for 3 nights. I already have a cat 3room #8534. I understand this is a great room, but I am on a waitlist for a cat 2 or 1. Do they ever come through last minute?

CK

2. CraftyMouse

CraftyMouse <font color=brown>I am ever so grateful for the te

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'd say your chances are pretty small. There are only 2 Cat. 1s and 2 Cat. 2s on the ship. The odds of someone cancelling are slim to none, IMO...especially when those guests would be out a whole lot of money since you are now in your non-refundable period.

3. been2marceline

been2marceline Fish are Food, not Friends!

We had one of the aft handicapped Cat 3's booked for this November.

About 4 months before departure, we got offered a Cat 2. which we greatfully accepted.

About six weeks after that, we got another call, offering the Roy - Ka-Ching!.

It does happen, but I am guessing our occurance is pretty rare.....

8534 is a pretty great room, so you are doing ok, but we understand how cool it is to get one of the others.....

Good Luck!

4. tinkerbellmom1

tinkerbellmom1 DIS Veteran

I'm happy to hear this because we are in the same boat (hee hee!:rotfl: ) Our past two cruises we cruised in a Cat. 1 and a Cat. 2. For our cruise in about a year we have a mid ship Cat. 3, but we waitlisted right away for the other 2 categories. We're hoping that the final payment period comes up or the 2009 itineraries are released and someone in those 4 suites backs out and our name comes up. Keep your fingers crossed for all of us waiting for a phone call from our TA! pixiedust: