Do Toys R Us stores honor their online sale prices?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by KMH1, Jul 14, 2005.

1. KMH1

KMH1 <font color=blue>Shares well with others and doesn

There's an amazing sale on Toys R Us online, but does anyone know if the actual store has the same prices or if the store will honor the same prices as online?

I don't want to pay for shipping. :teeth:

Thanks,
    Amy

P.S. I did call my store to ask, but I got a recording that they don't open until 10 a.m.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CheapMom

CheapMom DIS Veteran

I was at TRU 2 days ago and the prices on items that I had my eye on online were higher at the store. I asked about matching the online price at the service counter but they said no- however I din't talk to a manager. I came home and placed my order and got a free kitchen for ordering over $40 in the toy outlet. I got the Disney plug and play joystick, Lion King Mega Blocks set, an Easy Bake oven, Little People farm, Operation Brain Surgery ALL FOR $5.29 each. I also got Disney Scene It for $19.99-
    [​IMG] Free with $40 purchase in toy outlet.

4. cepmom

cepmom <font color=red>Mine are painted too<br><font colo

I work at Babies R Us and although I'm not positive (just started 1 month ago and still unfamiliar with all the policies) I don't think they will match the online prices. They will price match a competitor's prices, but not their own.

5. KMH1

KMH1 <font color=blue>Shares well with others and doesn

Thanks...I just called and they said no.

There's some great sales online...lots of early Christmas shopping! Plus, that free kitchen set will make up for shipping.

Thanks again,
    Amy :)

6. LisaNJ25

LisaNJ25 DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i

No, they dont match their own website.

They also do not price match another store ad's anymore.

7. harleyquinn

harleyquinn <font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th

I think some stores are still price matching other stores, but the official company policy is changing to no more price matching. Wal-mart's putting them out of business.

I worked at TRU for 4 years and DH did for 9! We started when we were 16 :goodvibes

8. christinadei

christinadei <font color=red>Tagless for eternity (well, until

Thanks for the tip, I found tons of great buys for 5.29. I'm cleaning up my christmas list. It won't let me get the free toy though, it keeps saying that the coupon code is invalid, but I checked 20 times and followed the process exactly, entered the toy in my cart and code in the box. Did you have any trouble. Also, how much was your shipping? My order is around $50 and shipping was $26 something. I'm not willing to pay that much.

9. LisaNJ25

LisaNJ25 DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i

yep, it should hit company wide soon. It's already in effect at mine. I also heard the return policy will be changing and wil be more strict.

Its funny because I never go to Walmart for toys.

My mom has been at TRU for 16 years and is a manager.

10. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

Our TRU is going out of business. It's no wonder with a return policy like they had. I seen tons of toys bought at Target across the street and returned to TRU for full price. One time I saw a Bratz toy with Target's clearance ticket on the back!!! My friend tried to return a gift from her MIL and they told her they hadn't sold it and would not take it back, so maybe they have changed the policy.

11. musicmama

musicmama Now an Irish Dancer's mama

I never bought toys at Walmart, and have spent thousands at TRU - not only at Christmas but for birthdays, etc. I am so disappointed at their "new" policies - no price matching, harder to return even with sales slip, etc. that I rarely go there anymore. The prices are no longer the cheapest although their selection in many cases is better. Too bad - Target won me over, Walmart has too far to go with selection. I know lots of people used to take advantage of their easy returns, but I wasn't one of them.

12. CheapMom

CheapMom DIS Veteran

Yes- I did have trouble. It was saying - this promotional code can't be applied to your order, or something like that. Then I looked at my totals and $19.99 was already taken off- so I figured that was for the kitchen and I checked out. Shipping was pretty high but I think I did well overall.