DO they have irons onboard????

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by shep, Mar 25, 2005.

1. shep

shep Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...

Gotta get those wrinkles out of them clothes to be able to look nice...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DrCavin

DrCavin DIS Veteran

They do have irons in the laundry rooms, but my vote is to send it out & have it pressed. Very reasonable rates & back the next day.

4. Houzer

Houzer <font color=teal>Hi, I'm from a little village<br>

Yes they have an iron and ironing board that we ended up useing for one of my husbands shirts. I just made sure they were all well packed in the garmet back before leaving and checking them on the plane and then when we got to our motel I hung it up right away and then again on board I made sure they were hung. I took one of my sons shirts and hung it in the bathroom with the steam from the shower and it worked out fine. You may be surprised how well your cloths come out the the suitcases and garmet bag if you are very careful with the packing. Have a great trip!!
    Houzer

5. allears

allears "If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!

Loved this option, used it last time and it was awesome!

6. krhardy

krhardy karate chic-I'll beat you with my cane

I agree w/DrCavin and allears...we figured that we were on vacation, so we allocated this amount into our spending along with tips, excursions, etc. It was extremely reasonable. I believe that www.dcltribute.com has the dry cleaning prices, and just to have something pressed is 50% of that price. Well worth it in our opinion...the only things we had to iron ourselves were garments for the first nights dinner. I think DH sent out 8 or 9 shirts and a pair of pants or 2, and we paid around $15.

7. krhardy

krhardy karate chic-I'll beat you with my cane

it is DCLTribute.com...then you click on the "FAQ" link...scroll down to laundry service. Viola!

8. DCDevil2007

DCDevil2007 Mouseketeer

Yes, they have irons in all of the laundry roms, and if your very stingy with all your money, then you can use them, and to help you before you even get there, when you are packing your clothes, roll them up instead of folding them, it GREATLY reduces rinkles :)

9. jlcbshaw

jlcbshaw DIS Veteran

Whats that all about?

10. DCDevil2007

DCDevil2007 Mouseketeer

As everyone has alreayd mentioned, its very cheap to just get room service to do it, but some people are so stingy with there money they just wont pay a cent if they can do it themselves, sorry if it offended anyone :sad2:

11. pppiglet

pppiglet DIS Cast Member<br><font color=deeppink>Don't like

I read that a few people are taking their travel irons. I wish they wouldn't because it is so dangerous if they forget to turn them off!

12. depomas

depomas Mouseketeer

This is so true, and I have never had an inconvenience using the laundry rooms, be it washers, dryers, or irons.... :goodvibes

13. RealMickeysGirl

RealMickeysGirl DIS Veteran<br><font color=9966ff>I think my frien

What about steamers? I had heard - can't remember where so it probably isn't true - that you could bring steamers on board. That is what I use to get the wrinkles out of my formals - since you can't iron them - works on DH's suits to.

I was thinking about bringing a travel iron but figured I would need to use it in the laundry room for the ironing board - figured I would need to use the steamer in the laundry room to - didn't really think about using either in my room. I just know how my travel iron works - how hot it gets, how much steam it produces, etc. - and would feel better using my own.

Will they remove it from checked luggage?

14. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Travel irons are prohibited from being in your room. That is why they provide irons in the laundry rooms. I would suggest taking a towel and putting that over your clothes before ironing as some have said that there has been some residue on the irons. I am sure most people are not as careful with irons onboard as they would be at home.

But again, travel irons ARE PROHIBITED onboard. Not sure about steamers...you can check with DCL on that, but irons are a no no.

15. KAR3600

KAR3600 DVC Member since 1996 - Cruising is the best part!

Inever leave home without Downy Wrinkle Releasor about $4.00 a bottle, works like magic :cool1:

16. DrCavin

DrCavin DIS Veteran

PLEASE LEAVE IRONS AT HOME.. How @%&*# would you be if someone caught their room on fire & you had to spend part of your vacation preparing to get into the lifeboats??? ... NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

From dcltribute.com
    Dry cleaning service:

Description Price
    (in U.S. Dollars)
    Pants $4.25
    Jacket $4.50
    Two-piece suit $7.00
    Shirt $3.50
    Tie $2.00
    Evening dress $8.00
    Skirt $4.50
    Blouse $4.00

There is a "pressing only" service at 50% of dry cleaning cost.

17. pppiglet

pppiglet DIS Cast Member<br><font color=deeppink>Don't like

Let's hope they do! Maybe DCL can confiscate them?

18. cristit14

cristit14 <font color=blue> An older <font color=red>I am Do

I second this. It works great esp. for shirts.

19. RealMickeysGirl

:wizard: Thanks mmouse37 for the idea about the towel.
    :confused3 Apparently I hit a nerve with the travel iron thing. :duck: Didn't mean to. :confused3

First of all, never intended to use it in my room. No need to shout.

Second, plan to check what is not allowed and abide by the rules.

I realize that not everyone will be as paranoid as I am about personal appliances so there have to be rules to protect everyone.

I have always been over cautious when it comes to appliances in the bedroom - the result of an explosive hair dryer episode in my teens that set the bed on fire :scared1: . (It was put out with out much physical damage but I still unplug and examine my hairdryer when I put it away - same with curling irons and hot rollers. ::yes:: )

I will be glad to be on the boat if my clothes are wrinkled or not. :cloud9:
    Won't work for me - allergies. Wish I could use it though.

20. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

Can you tell me more about this Downy Wrinkle releasor please? I have three sons and my DH with casual shirts for dinner in our luggage as we speak. I know they will be wrinkled coming out of it. So what do you do with this, just spray it on and woola, it takes all the wrinkles out? Or do you still have to iron?

21. RealMickeysGirl

This is what the company website says about it - sounds like great stuff.