Do the moderates have "deluxe" rooms? Do any deluxe hotels have food courts?

mykidsmom

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a stay at both POR and BC. We loved things about both resorts and wish there was a happy medium. i.e. I wish the BC had a food court for a quick bite and good quality. Beaches and Cream at the BC was too crowded and menu too limited. And we found the rooms at POR to be a little small for our family of 4.

So my question is do they have other rooms besides the standard? Or maybe a suite?

Or maybe on the flip side, do any deluxes have food courts?

Hi,
You might want to check the Coronado, I heard they had some suites there for up to 6 ppl. We havent stayed there but I have read about it on these posts.....Did you like the BC? We are
staying at YC for our Sept visit. It will be our first time there and we are so looking forward to it.....:wave:

POLY, GF, WL and Contemporary have food courts. I'm pretty sure AKL also has one. In the EPCOT resort area you could walk over to Swan/Dolphin and go to Tubbies Buffeteria.

The AKL has one, but the menue is very limited. Perhaps more so than Beaches and Cream. The Boardwalk has suites, villas, etc. and has the Board Walk for eating options. The Dolphin has Tubbies that is very much like a food court. The Dolphin also has probably the most dining options of any of the on site hotels. And yes, S/D aren't really Disney deluxes, but they do have suites, jr. suites, etc.

I wouldn't call the places at the Poly or WL food courts at all. They are more snack bar type places. They have pretty limited menus, nothing like the food courts at the moderates have.

Welcome home! I'll be staying at the BC in a couple months, can you please tell me about your stay?

The Coronado Springs resort has junior suites, they are basicly two connecting rooms with the price of two connecting rooms. They aren't discounted, though.

GEM--mykidsmom asked about

a quick bite and good quality
although not as extensive as the moderates the deluxe food courts (snack bars if you prefer) should fit the bill.

She specifically asked if any of the deluxes had food courts. They don't. The menus at Captain's Cook (at the Poly) and Roaring Forks (at the WL) are very limited, just like one of the other posters mentioned about Mara a the AKL. They are definately not anything like the true food courts at the moderate resorts.

Really not trying to get into an argument, just trying to give accurate information:D Don't care what you want to call it, in the deluxe resorts you can get eggs, french toast strips, egg sandwichs, and continental breakfast type items. The rest of the day you can get burgers, chicken fingers, pizza, chicken sandwichs and cold cut sandwichs. I'm sure the moderates have more extensive options after all the deluxe gives you the choice of full restaurant if you want more. I personally would categorize these menus as more than just snacks but I won't debate you that's how you want to describe it. I certainly agree the moderate resorts have food courts which are more extensive than the counter restaurants in the deluxe but less extensive than the casual restaurants (i.e. Kona in POLY) offered in the deluxe resorts.

The EPCOT resorts are different in that they really lack the counter style restaurants (last time I was there Beaches & Cream didn't even offer eggs for breakfast).
Let's split the difference, you can get a quick bit in the deluxe counter restuarants but not as extensive as in the moderates. :D I certainly don't want to be responsible for someone being disappointed.

The Grand Floridian has something called the Gasparilla Grill.

I'd waddle over there every morning for coffee and cereal (and do a little waddling with the GF ducks, out for their morning stroll.)

It's not exactly a food court -- more like a cafeteria/commissary.

They offer a handful of warm -- or warmed over -- dishes in the morning (served on paper plates), along with cereal and fruit and donuts and stuff. Snack food and sandwiches later in the day.

Otherwise, as I recall, the food selections are pretty limited. But it's not bad for snacks and sodas.

It adjoins the game arcade and is UNBELIEVABLY noisy.

Hi y'all,

Hold on!! You're all answering my questions perfectly!! The more details the better. Thanks for the info.

I think if I could put the POR food court at Beach Club along with Cape May and B&C I would have invented the perfect resort!!

4greatboys and Calidreaming - We loved the BC. The service was impeccable. The front desk always said YES to whatever I asked (which was nothing impossible). They were so pleasant and very helpful. The bellmen were plentiful too. I expected long waits for luggage at c-in and c-out, but no such thing. Also great service, whenever we called for something (iron, new bedspread, etc).

I thought the BC was in great shape. But when I went to check out the new BC villas I started noticing a slight need for refurbishment. The BC villas are beautiful and sparkling because they are brand new. As you can see here, I thought there was one drawback - the food options. As a snacker, I was looking forward to some treats on my vacation. Each night after coming back from parks I wanted a snack. The lines were spilling outside of B&C every time we went by there. I ended up snacking from the snack basket they provide (great options but marked way up!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter