Do the Ding fares really exist??

riu girl said:
Lewis, Than you for the info. Yes, we have already booked our flights as soon as became available Aug 18 and then rebooked our outbound segment with a great DING early Sept.

On the other hand, my mom is looking for one way BUF-TPA or BUF-Fort Myers Dec 27 or 28 (I just found out she wanted this a few days ago) and right now the only fares available are the very expensive fare buckets. I have watched DING for these destinations/dates and DING is always showing unavailable. So I assume if a systemwide or Florida sale appears, these dates/flights will probably show up as unavailable also?

Thanks
Suzy V.

Suzy, BOOK NOW 12/27 is showing as unavailable for EVERY fare to Fort Meyers The flights are either booked or overbooked. 12/28 only has fully refundable fare for one flight.

Tampa isn't much better. Discounted seats NO, I wouldn't count on being able to book at all if you wait. What will the fare from Canada be? The difference between a Canadian fare and SW full fare might be your savings.

Thanks Lewis, I will. We have a SWA credit due to DING so even if I have to book a high end fare (which I obviously will have to) the SWA credit will cover a large portion of it.

Thanks again
Suzy V.

erikthewise said:
Hey, drive over to Dayton and fly Airtran nonstop!
Unfortunately they just ended a very good sale -- we got $157 RT for Dec -- but even at regular price it's a little under $250. ($109 each way + fees)

We actually live in Dayton but for our dates on airtran it is 215 for the way down and 169 for the way back. I'm going to check again in case the fare just went down but as of yesterday that was the price for our travel dates.

As you don't say what your dates are it's hard to be sure, but you may have waited a little too long to book, or are trying for popular dates. If you haven't already, I suggest you look at flying out of Indianapolis. They usually have better rates than Dayton and it's only a 2 to 2.5 hour drive.

Ericthewise..

We are flying out on xmas day (ouch) and coming back on Dec 30th. Even though that is peak flying time everything I read was it was better to fly on xmas day than the day before (which I wanted to have xmas morning at home) and the day after. Our dates aren't that flexible because my husband is self employed and the week before xmas is one of the busiest times of the year. We tried to go last year a week before xmas and although we eventually made it we were unable to leave on the planned day and it was a nightmare changing the flights the day before departure. I think we may have waited too long, but he wanted to "wait it out" for some deals. I told him today that he can book the airlines himself because if we end up paying the prices that they are now then it's on him and not my fault..ha! I suggested even driving down. Between two adults it shouldn't be that bad, but then again that would put us in the car on xmas eve and Disney had no check ins available for the 26th on with the AP rate.

Even though we will probably pay more for the airline tickets, we got a great deal on the hotel so it will even out I'm sure. We flew out of Indy last December and we got a great deal but the picky spouse didn't like the drive. I didn't mind driving 2 hours to pay 69 bucks each way. So that's where we're at. I'm laying it in his lap and he'll have to take the responsibility.

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter