Do the characters mind? *~Best character interaction stories~*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this story before, but my favorite character interaction was last year at MNSSHP.

Our traveling party was made up of me, 24, and my DM, mid-40s. Both kids at heart who love Disney. When meeting characters, we enjoy watching the little kids meet them before us, and like meeting them ourselves, but generally don't expect anything special for two grown women. We try to coordinate MNSSHP costumes with characters we'll be meeting. This year, we thought we would honor Robin Williams and dress in his tourist outfit from Back to Neverland/the Genie's tourist outfit from the end of Aladdin. Of course, Genie was added to our M&G list for the party.

Early in the party, we met Aladdin and Abu in their meet and greet area. Aladdin instantly got our costumes and commented about them as he was signing our book. It was the beginning of the set, so we were told Jasmine/Genie wouldn't be out for 30-40 minutes. We went on to the rest of the party and decided we'd come back later. When we came back for the second time, we could see Jasmine and Genie through the window, but when the door to the M&G area was opened, it was just Aladdin and Abu again. They saw us through the door as we sighed and got out of line, agreeing to come back later. When we returned for a third time after the second parade, this was the only thing left on our list for the night. The handler told us it would be 30-40 minutes for Jasmine and the Genie, so we sat down to wait. Eventually, Aladdin and Abu wandered out because they had no guests and the small group outside were all waiting for Jasmine and the Genie. We chatted with Aladdin for a bit, watched him and Abu play with the kids who were waiting, then they went in to meet some other guests and the doors closed for the switch. We stood up, first in line, and waited.

The door cracked open and mom and I were told for just the two of us to step in. We were confused as Aladdin and Abu were still in the room but they told us they had a surprise and made us stand on the carpet and hold the magic lamp prop, close our eyes, and make a wish. We have several awkward photopass pictures of us holding the lamp, eyes scrunched shut, giggling, because it seemed like forever until we were told to open out eyes. When we did, of course Genie was there, as well as Jasmine. We got to take fabulous photos, dance a bit with Genie as "Friend Like Me" came on the sound system, and Aladdin suggested we re-create the big group hug photo in my autograph book with the Genie. We spent several minutes in there with all 4 of them before leaving. I'm still not sure if the photopass person, the character handler who'd seen us 3 times that night, some other management, or Aladdin himself made that happen, but we are SO grateful and excited that such a special opportunity was given to two adults at WDW. Makes me so excited to go back and visit again. This is what Disney's all about.

_DSC0192_zpsa3111572.jpg

Wow! What a cool experience! I love it! I think many of the characters, especially the face one love to interact with adults who know the backstories of characters or those who know how to play along with them.

Thanks for sharing!

I, too, was "friends" with many characters as a CM from 2000-2004. I had many great interactions with adults and think many times they can be just as excited as kids:thumbsup2 I still find interacting with characters magical and love taking my kids to see them. My very good friend is a "friend" of talking Mickey and I was blown away by how excited I was to meet him and have words come out of his mouth even though I "knew" him;) I loved interacting with Japanese tourists, which were usually just adults, because of how enthusiastic they were. Their enthusiasm for Disney was contagious:D When I did character meals sometimes I would visit tables with just adults and they would act like the characters were bothering their meal. I didn't understand why they paid for a character meal then:confused3 I think if you are excited to meet them they'll be excited to meet you, too. For any adults wanting to meet characters- have a wonderful time!:woohoo:

Thanks for sharing your stories about being a personal "friend" of the characters. I agree with you in that the characters' interactions most often parallel the enthusiam of the people. I, too, wonder why the group of adults did not really want much interaction with the characters at the character meal. ??? That is puzzeling!

I posted this story before, but my favorite character interaction was last year at MNSSHP.

Our traveling party was made up of me, 24, and my DM, mid-40s. Both kids at heart who love Disney. When meeting characters, we enjoy watching the little kids meet them before us, and like meeting them ourselves, but generally don't expect anything special for two grown women. We try to coordinate MNSSHP costumes with characters we'll be meeting. This year, we thought we would honor Robin Williams and dress in his tourist outfit from Back to Neverland/the Genie's tourist outfit from the end of Aladdin. Of course, Genie was added to our M&G list for the party.

Early in the party, we met Aladdin and Abu in their meet and greet area. Aladdin instantly got our costumes and commented about them as he was signing our book. It was the beginning of the set, so we were told Jasmine/Genie wouldn't be out for 30-40 minutes. We went on to the rest of the party and decided we'd come back later. When we came back for the second time, we could see Jasmine and Genie through the window, but when the door to the M&G area was opened, it was just Aladdin and Abu again. They saw us through the door as we sighed and got out of line, agreeing to come back later. When we returned for a third time after the second parade, this was the only thing left on our list for the night. The handler told us it would be 30-40 minutes for Jasmine and the Genie, so we sat down to wait. Eventually, Aladdin and Abu wandered out because they had no guests and the small group outside were all waiting for Jasmine and the Genie. We chatted with Aladdin for a bit, watched him and Abu play with the kids who were waiting, then they went in to meet some other guests and the doors closed for the switch. We stood up, first in line, and waited.

The door cracked open and mom and I were told for just the two of us to step in. We were confused as Aladdin and Abu were still in the room but they told us they had a surprise and made us stand on the carpet and hold the magic lamp prop, close our eyes, and make a wish. We have several awkward photopass pictures of us holding the lamp, eyes scrunched shut, giggling, because it seemed like forever until we were told to open out eyes. When we did, of course Genie was there, as well as Jasmine. We got to take fabulous photos, dance a bit with Genie as "Friend Like Me" came on the sound system, and Aladdin suggested we re-create the big group hug photo in my autograph book with the Genie. We spent several minutes in there with all 4 of them before leaving. I'm still not sure if the photopass person, the character handler who'd seen us 3 times that night, some other management, or Aladdin himself made that happen, but we are SO grateful and excited that such a special opportunity was given to two adults at WDW. Makes me so excited to go back and visit again. This is what Disney's all about.

_DSC0192_zpsa3111572.jpg

Thanks for sharing a fantastic experience! I love that they took the time to set up the special photo op for you and your mother! Truly magical!

Last summer when I picked FP+ and realized I had done it all and didn't want to do space mountain with my family I got a FP+ for Anna and Elsa. Knowing this is big with the little ones I figured I'd jump in a quick pic and move alone. Heck I'm going on 50. Well Anna and Elsa had other plans. They talked and talked to me and were so sweet. So the answer must be the characters like it because I was really trying to be quick. And I'm a lot older than you.

love that the sisters took time and were fun with you! i hear they are really sweet, sad that they've split them up

View attachment 79782 Our first full family trip in '07 - While taking a break in the back area of the UK in EPCOT, our DD (then 4yo) was playing in the hedge maze when Alice came out from Backstage for a scheduled M&G. When she saw our daughter in the maze, she shouted "I want to play too!", and proceeded to play tag / hide and go seek with DD for a solid 5 minutes in the maze! It was a truly magical moment, and we were soo appreciative!

I, too, was "friends" with many characters as a CM from 2000-2004. I had many great interactions with adults and think many times they can be just as excited as kids:thumbsup2 I still find interacting with characters magical and love taking my kids to see them. My very good friend is a "friend" of talking Mickey and I was blown away by how excited I was to meet him and have words come out of his mouth even though I "knew" him;) I loved interacting with Japanese tourists, which were usually just adults, because of how enthusiastic they were. Their enthusiasm for Disney was contagious:D When I did character meals sometimes I would visit tables with just adults and they would act like the characters were bothering their meal. I didn't understand why they paid for a character meal then:confused3 I think if you are excited to meet them they'll be excited to meet you, too. For any adults wanting to meet characters- have a wonderful time!:woohoo:

thank you for being "friends with the character it must be nice, and also good to hear that calls perspective is that the chapters like interacting with all ages

If you're a shy 16 year old girl - like I WAS - your interaction with Goofy might involve a marriage proposal :love: and him following you off the boat after you've had a character breakfast with him. :tiptoe:

You can tell how old this story is - they don't even offer the breakfast on the boat anymore....ahhh, those were the days! :cutie:
that must have been fun, love the stories where they take extra time with you

_DSC0192_zpsa3111572.jpg

y'all had an awesome meet and greet and it was so awesome you got the whole gang, i agree that if you show love for a character sometimes disney notices and tries to throw some pixie dust

DH and I both love the characters, but his interactions are always hilarious, probably because no one expects a big mean looking guy to be such a goofball with them.

He's proposed to Aurora:

(that's an Ewok in his pocket, he wasn't just glad to see her) :rolleyes1

Spent all kinds of time on the ground talking with Alice:

20131004_185055.jpg

And (this one was at Universal but still one of my favorites), got into an altercation with the Green Goblin:

10941436_10155158523590235_8223113164891618262_n.jpg

A few years ago at MNSSHP, we (all adults) unintentionally ran into Louie and Baloo's meet and greet as it was starting. We were (sort of) dressed like pirates and Baloo and Louie took our swords and had a duel to the death.

63633_10150111422141908_6523870_n.jpg

A few years ago we were in the AK. My ds was 2 and my dd was 4 at the time. Dh and big sister were riding Everest.

We stopped to talk to Pooh and the gang and of course dh had my camera with him. Pooh noticed that ds(2) was carrying his lovey (a monkey). He motioned that he wanted to see the lovey and when ds(2) handed it over Pooh decided to keep it. He was very convincing. Ds stood in shock while his sister (4) proceeded to fuss out Pooh for stealing her brother's monkey. Pooh wouldn't give it back and finally a CM came over and explained to Pooh that he had to return the monkey. It was the funniest interaction ever and my dd still remembers it! Pooh made her stomping mad!

Most of my trips are just me and DS, 21, who has Down Syndrome. The characters are great with him. And often they make me get involved too. As for Chip and Dale, they initiated play with a "big kid." I was with BFF and her very tall, older looking DS, 16. He was sitting/leaning in a fence near the Tomorrowland stage, near a back stage entrance. Chip and Dale were heading out of the entrance and saw him, gestured to us, and snuck up behind him, stole his hat, and initiated a chase.

I'm so glad I found this thread! I love reading everyone's stories! I had so many great interactions on my last trip! I think I found my interactions as an adult more enjoyable then when I was a child, and I felt like the characters in generally actually gave me more attention than when I was younger!

My favourite was at DLR, I was wearing a mad hatter hat and unbirthday badge, the mad hatter saw me, came over, read my unbirthday girl badge and exclaimed 'you're my friend!' Then he told Alice she's been replaced and let me walk along with them for a bit, even giving me his arm to hold onto for a while. I went to see all the shows he was in, and during the first one he was pretending to be Indiana jones, and chip and dale were being the boulder, and he came and hid behind me and used me as a shield (how I wish someone had gotten a photo), later in that show he came and stood by me for a while. At the next show he came and pointed to me while he was singing the unbirthday song, and later in the day when it was quiet and came and sat with me for a while after a show.

At WDW the Tremaine's spent lots of time with me, Anastasia ran me around trying to find something my magnetic necklace would stick to, she also was determined to have my mad hatter hat and when I said she couldn't have it, she tried to bargain me for half of it. I also ran into them walking to their M&G the next morning and they remembered me and stopped to say hello.

I also really enjoyed meeting Cinderella, to my surprise, I was only meeting her because I wanted to meet Rapunzel, but she ended up being really sweet. We talked and laughed about the colour of my jacket (which she and everyone else thought was blue, but I see it as purple!), we talked about her step family and she held my hand and taught me how to pose, then gave me a big hug goodbye (I actually got hugs from almost every character I met last trip!)

I met Alice lots of times last holiday, and she was always really great and gave me lots of attention, one of my favourite interactions was when she did a mini photoshoot with me revolving around my shoes!

P1030784.jpg
P1030787.jpg
P1030789.jpg
P1030790.jpg

I have so many more photo's from that morning! And so many more stories, I could be here all day! :upsidedow The character seem pretty good at telling if you're interested in interaction or just wanting a photo, a few morning I was in a bad mood and the character's didn't interact with me anywhere near me much!

The cutest thing didn't even happen to me; it happened to my cousin in CP two years ago!

Her favorite character is Eeyore and she wore an Eeyore t-shirt. When Eeyore came around, he saw the shirt and acted all shy and touched. They had such a great moment bonding! <3

Winnie the Pooh is my fave and I had on a Pooh shirt and when he saw he gave me a big smooch. <3

20+ years ago, on my honeymoon, we went to MGM. This was back when characters often just wandered around. We got off of Star Tours and stumbled on an Ewok. She was cute and sweet, until she saw my wedding ring. At that point she got very huffy, grabbed my husbands arm and dragged him away! She turned back and waved at me as she dragged him away. It was very funny, I have pictures of them leaving. Apparently she was jealous.

A few years back my dd and I were meeting Lady Tremaine and her daughters, and I had a small crossbody bag. I had 2 or 3 of those tiny stuffed animals, with clips, hooked onto my bag. Lady Tremaine started commenting about my carrying around dead animals, and then with her greatest disgusted voice, told me I was more twisted than Cruella LOL.

When I did the soiree on halloween the cinderella's stepsisters attempted to put me to work since I had a broom as part of my costume, I told them that it was enchanted so cinderella could never stop sweeping and on a dime they suddenly changed and wanted to be in cahoots with me to punish cinderella. It's always great when the characters play along!

I love this thread! I am off to WDW for my first lengthy on property stay ever in life (after being a day visitor most of my childhood) and I am hoping I'll get a chance to have a few great interactions with some characters I haven't met yet.

My best stories all come from the same trip, in 2005. I spent one day at MK and one day at Epcot with a girl who was staying with us as part of an apprenticeship program (she was from Switzerland). We were at WDW in February, and for some reason, the weather was unseasonably gloomy but warm. For our day at MK, I was dressed in ripped jeans, a black sweater and a Red Sox hat. The park was practically empty when we arrived. We stumbled upon Alice and the Mad Hatter, who were completely alone, and when they realized we noticed them, they jumped and screamed and waved until we walked over to them. As we were chatting, the Mad Hatter asked if I had fallen into a large cheese grater cause of the holes in my pants and wanted to know if I looked in the mirror before I dressed myself every day. He also asked where I was from, and when I told him, he responded with the incorrect way to say my hometown's name; his friends must be from my home state. ;)

That same day, we also came across Pocahontas, who was totally alone. I had on a birthday pin and she was lovely and sweet, and then completely and utterly broke character and told me to embrace being young because some day I'll be telling people I'm 25 every year even though I'm in my 40's. I had just turned seventeen at the time so I found it totally hilarious that she was giving me some woman-to-woman advice.

Later that day, we came across Peter and Wendy - again, no lines. Peter was super mad that I was celebrating my birthday and gave me a really hard time about it. We posed for photos and he made us crow before we left and told me I'd regret celebrating my birthday. He and Wendy were leading a few tours during the day (I'm not sure what tours they had back then that were lead by characters) and every time he saw me, he would stop whatever he was doing, jump onto a bench or a log or something, point at me, scream "ITS THE BIRTHDAY GIRL! LETS WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEIGH!" and all the guests around him would wish me a happy birthday. This happened at least 3 or 4 times at random parts of the day - he even interrupted another M&G he was doing to make a spectacle of me in front of a line of waiting guests!

The next day, at Epcot, we came across Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore in the UK. Since there wasn't a soul around, they spent a good 5-7 minutes with us. At one point, Tigger and Pooh were fighting over me, each tugging an arm, and then they started a game where they'd gently push me back and forth between each other. Eeyore stood off to the side and shook his head. Even the handler was trying to get them to settle down and they refused. Tigger tried to run off with me and Pooh grabbed me back and put me in a Pooh bear hug and wouldn't let me go!

I'm a DLR annual pass holder, and last year I was walking into the park when I had to use the restroom. I was headed down the same path at the same time Alice and the Mad Hatter were leaving their M&G, and the Mad Hatter hooked arms with me and started casually strolling, asking where I was headed. When I said the restroom, Alice grabbed my other hand, and they ran me towards the bathroom, telling me I should've told them sooner and that I had to hurry! Then they dropped me off at the restroom and the Mad Hatter wished me luck. LOL! :rotfl:

Our trip last year was surly the BEST character interactions I've ever had!

I went to meet Ariel (who is my absolute favorite) in her grotto, I was wearing a mermaid necklace I had received for my birthday. She of course fussed over that and wondered if it had come from a prince. I had also decorated my MagicBand with Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian and she enjoyed looking at that as well. When I last met her when she was in the old grotto, when I was much younger, and wore my Ariel shirt to meet her. She loved that I had a shirt with her on it! Made my entire trip that Ariel was so happy to see that! :rotfl:

We also waited to see Anna & Elsa (with no FP:scared1:) but the wait was worth it! They were both very good, Anna especially. I discussed with Anna how every girl needs to find someone who loves chocolate as much as they do. She of course was worried that that would mean less for her. I simply said "How about just having twice as much chocolate?" to which she responded "I like the way you think!" My parents were also at the M&G and celebrating their anniversary and wearing their anniversary buttons. Anna became very excited to be in the presents of "love experts." Elsa asked them to give Anna some advised on finding true love. They were great to interact with and did a great job staying in character.

The best would definitely have been meeting Merida. We were towards the end of the current group let into her M&G area. I was wearing my birthday button and as soon as she came over she started wishing me happy birthday and wanted to do something special. She took off my button (my name had been wearing off a bit) and decided she need to "doodle." The PhotoPass photographer with her had a bunch of different colored Sharpies. She brought me over and she sat down with my button and all of the Sharpies in her lap and began to draw. She took TONS of time with me doing that (I actually felt bad for those who hadn't gone yet) and then took time taking pictures with my family and I afterwards. I did always like Merida, but that experience makes her on of my favorite princesses now.

Merida's handiwork:artist::

Attachments

• HB_Merida.jpg
    HB_Merida.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 64
We have had some great times
it's always fun to let Mickey and Minnie know we are from wisconsin then tell Mickey he won't get any cheese till he marries Minnie that gets a good reaction
one time with aurora there was no photo pass photographer there and she went on and on about the magic box
or goofy hitting on my mom in front of my dad

This trip I'm hoping for a great interaction with Mickey I'm hoping he will help me propose to my dgf

DH and I both love the characters, but his interactions are always hilarious, probably because no one expects a big mean looking guy to be such a goofball with them.

He's proposed to Aurora:

(that's an Ewok in his pocket, he wasn't just glad to see her) :rolleyes1

Spent all kinds of time on the ground talking with Alice:

20131004_185055.jpg

And (this one was at Universal but still one of my favorites), got into an altercation with the Green Goblin:

10941436_10155158523590235_8223113164891618262_n.jpg

Awesome love how interactive he is! and i bet it is a sight to see!!

A few years ago at MNSSHP, we (all adults) unintentionally ran into Louie and Baloo's meet and greet as it was starting. We were (sort of) dressed like pirates and Baloo and Louie took our swords and had a duel to the death.

63633_10150111422141908_6523870_n.jpg

I've been wanting to attend the halloween party i see so many rare characters come out, love when you just walk up to the area before anyone else!

A few years ago we were in the AK. My ds was 2 and my dd was 4 at the time. Dh and big sister were riding Everest.

We stopped to talk to Pooh and the gang and of course dh had my camera with him. Pooh noticed that ds(2) was carrying his lovey (a monkey). He motioned that he wanted to see the lovey and when ds(2) handed it over Pooh decided to keep it. He was very convincing. Ds stood in shock while his sister (4) proceeded to fuss out Pooh for stealing her brother's monkey. Pooh wouldn't give it back and finally a CM came over and explained to Pooh that he had to return the monkey. It was the funniest interaction ever and my dd still remembers it! Pooh made her stomping mad!

love the pooh characters love it when they really get into it!

Most of my trips are just me and DS, 21, who has Down Syndrome. The characters are great with him. And often they make me get involved too. As for Chip and Dale, they initiated play with a "big kid." I was with BFF and her very tall, older looking DS, 16. He was sitting/leaning in a fence near the Tomorrowland stage, near a back stage entrance. Chip and Dale were heading out of the entrance and saw him, gestured to us, and snuck up behind him, stole his hat, and initiated a chase.

I've heard about chases doubt ill get to be in one but what a sight to see, love how they are with special needs! i know i got selected for the hoedown by briar rabbit and i can't walk that well but briar rabbit made sure to support me as we did the hokey pokey that was truly a cherished memory getting to spend one on one time with the character. i like how they try to always include people who in the real world get passed by!

I'm so glad I found this thread! I love reading everyone's stories! I had so many great interactions on my last trip! I think I found my interactions as an adult more enjoyable then when I was a child, and I felt like the characters in generally actually gave me more attention than when I was younger!

im glad you like it!! i love re reading this thread so many experience and memories are made within the disney gates and personally i love reading them and experiencing them!!

My favourite was at DLR, I was wearing a mad hatter hat and unbirthday badge, the mad hatter saw me, came over, read my unbirthday girl badge and exclaimed 'you're my friend!' Then he told Alice she's been replaced and let me walk along with them for a bit, even giving me his arm to hold onto for a while. I went to see all the shows he was in, and during the first one he was pretending to be Indiana jones, and chip and dale were being the boulder, and he came and hid behind me and used me as a shield (how I wish someone had gotten a photo), later in that show he came and stood by me for a while. At the next show he came and pointed to me while he was singing the unbirthday song, and later in the day when it was quiet and came and sat with me for a while after a show.

At WDW the Tremaine's spent lots of time with me, Anastasia ran me around trying to find something my magnetic necklace would stick to, she also was determined to have my mad hatter hat and when I said she couldn't have it, she tried to bargain me for half of it. I also ran into them walking to their M&G the next morning and they remembered me and stopped to say hello.

I also really enjoyed meeting Cinderella, to my surprise, I was only meeting her because I wanted to meet Rapunzel, but she ended up being really sweet. We talked and laughed about the colour of my jacket (which she and everyone else thought was blue, but I see it as purple!), we talked about her step family and she held my hand and taught me how to pose, then gave me a big hug goodbye (I actually got hugs from almost every character I met last trip!)

I met Alice lots of times last holiday, and she was always really great and gave me lots of attention, one of my favourite interactions was when she did a mini photoshoot with me revolving around my shoes!

P1030784.jpg
P1030787.jpg
P1030789.jpg
P1030790.jpg

I have so many more photo's from that morning! And so many more stories, I could be here all day! :upsidedow The character seem pretty good at telling if you're interested in interaction or just wanting a photo, a few morning I was in a bad mood and the character's didn't interact with me anywhere near me much!

love that she spent so much time with you and never feel guilty for photos i always try to get several taken from a cast member and from a travel companion with my camera and my phone lol. i agree if you show interest they will usually light up!

The cutest thing didn't even happen to me; it happened to my cousin in CP two years ago!

Her favorite character is Eeyore and she wore an Eeyore t-shirt. When Eeyore came around, he saw the shirt and acted all shy and touched. They had such a great moment bonding! <3

Winnie the Pooh is my fave and I had on a Pooh shirt and when he saw he gave me a big smooch. <3

love eeyore he is so sweet, and glad pooh noticed your shirt!!

20+ years ago, on my honeymoon, we went to MGM. This was back when characters often just wandered around. We got off of Star Tours and stumbled on an Ewok. She was cute and sweet, until she saw my wedding ring. At that point she got very huffy, grabbed my husbands arm and dragged him away! She turned back and waved at me as she dragged him away. It was very funny, I have pictures of them leaving. Apparently she was jealous.

A few years back my dd and I were meeting Lady Tremaine and her daughters, and I had a small crossbody bag. I had 2 or 3 of those tiny stuffed animals, with clips, hooked onto my bag. Lady Tremaine started commenting about my carrying around dead animals, and then with her greatest disgusted voice, told me I was more twisted than Cruella LOL.

I've never met any star wars characters lol, but love the Tremains i finally got to meet them myself a few weeks ago for a random last min trip they are awesome!!

I love this thread! I am off to WDW for my first lengthy on property stay ever in life (after being a day visitor most of my childhood) and I am hoping I'll get a chance to have a few great interactions with some characters I haven't met yet.

My best stories all come from the same trip, in 2005. I spent one day at MK and one day at Epcot with a girl who was staying with us as part of an apprenticeship program (she was from Switzerland). We were at WDW in February, and for some reason, the weather was unseasonably gloomy but warm. For our day at MK, I was dressed in ripped jeans, a black sweater and a Red Sox hat. The park was practically empty when we arrived. We stumbled upon Alice and the Mad Hatter, who were completely alone, and when they realized we noticed them, they jumped and screamed and waved until we walked over to them. As we were chatting, the Mad Hatter asked if I had fallen into a large cheese grater cause of the holes in my pants and wanted to know if I looked in the mirror before I dressed myself every day. He also asked where I was from, and when I told him, he responded with the incorrect way to say my hometown's name; his friends must be from my home state. ;)

That same day, we also came across Pocahontas, who was totally alone. I had on a birthday pin and she was lovely and sweet, and then completely and utterly broke character and told me to embrace being young because some day I'll be telling people I'm 25 every year even though I'm in my 40's. I had just turned seventeen at the time so I found it totally hilarious that she was giving me some woman-to-woman advice.

Later that day, we came across Peter and Wendy - again, no lines. Peter was super mad that I was celebrating my birthday and gave me a really hard time about it. We posed for photos and he made us crow before we left and told me I'd regret celebrating my birthday. He and Wendy were leading a few tours during the day (I'm not sure what tours they had back then that were lead by characters) and every time he saw me, he would stop whatever he was doing, jump onto a bench or a log or something, point at me, scream "ITS THE BIRTHDAY GIRL! LETS WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEIGH!" and all the guests around him would wish me a happy birthday. This happened at least 3 or 4 times at random parts of the day - he even interrupted another M&G he was doing to make a spectacle of me in front of a line of waiting guests!

The next day, at Epcot, we came across Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore in the UK. Since there wasn't a soul around, they spent a good 5-7 minutes with us. At one point, Tigger and Pooh were fighting over me, each tugging an arm, and then they started a game where they'd gently push me back and forth between each other. Eeyore stood off to the side and shook his head. Even the handler was trying to get them to settle down and they refused. Tigger tried to run off with me and Pooh grabbed me back and put me in a Pooh bear hug and wouldn't let me go!

I'm a DLR annual pass holder, and last year I was walking into the park when I had to use the restroom. I was headed down the same path at the same time Alice and the Mad Hatter were leaving their M&G, and the Mad Hatter hooked arms with me and started casually strolling, asking where I was headed. When I said the restroom, Alice grabbed my other hand, and they ran me towards the bathroom, telling me I should've told them sooner and that I had to hurry! Then they dropped me off at the restroom and the Mad Hatter wished me luck. LOL! :rotfl:
oh wow that is a lot!! so many and on birthday trip awesome !! so much interaction too thats awesome as well, and yes i can see peter not being thrilled about celebrating growing up but i love that he remembered you throughout the day!

Our trip last year was surly the BEST character interactions I've ever had!

I went to meet Ariel (who is my absolute favorite) in her grotto, I was wearing a mermaid necklace I had received for my birthday. She of course fussed over that and wondered if it had come from a prince. I had also decorated my MagicBand with Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian and she enjoyed looking at that as well. When I last met her when she was in the old grotto, when I was much younger, and wore my Ariel shirt to meet her. She loved that I had a shirt with her on it! Made my entire trip that Ariel was so happy to see that! :rotfl:

We also waited to see Anna & Elsa (with no FP:scared1:) but the wait was worth it! They were both very good, Anna especially. I discussed with Anna how every girl needs to find someone who loves chocolate as much as they do. She of course was worried that that would mean less for her. I simply said "How about just having twice as much chocolate?" to which she responded "I like the way you think!" My parents were also at the M&G and celebrating their anniversary and wearing their anniversary buttons. Anna became very excited to be in the presents of "love experts." Elsa asked them to give Anna some advised on finding true love. They were great to interact with and did a great job staying in character.

The best would definitely have been meeting Merida. We were towards the end of the current group let into her M&G area. I was wearing my birthday button and as soon as she came over she started wishing me happy birthday and wanted to do something special. She took off my button (my name had been wearing off a bit) and decided she need to "doodle." The PhotoPass photographer with her had a bunch of different colored Sharpies. She brought me over and she sat down with my button and all of the Sharpies in her lap and began to draw. She took TONS of time with me doing that (I actually felt bad for those who hadn't gone yet) and then took time taking pictures with my family and I afterwards. I did always like Merida, but that experience makes her on of my favorite princesses now.

Merida's handiwork:artist::

for ariel that is so cool!! they know when they are your favorite and i think sometimes it makes their day!
anna and elsa are totally worth the wait!!
I've yet to meet her as i never really got into brave but i hear meeting her is a must!!

We have had some great times
it's always fun to let Mickey and Minnie know we are from wisconsin then tell Mickey he won't get any cheese till he marries Minnie that gets a good reaction
one time with aurora there was no photo pass photographer there and she went on and on about the magic box
or goofy hitting on my mom in front of my dad

This trip I'm hoping for a great interaction with Mickey I'm hoping he will help me propose to my dgf

oh i hope mickey will help you with that as well what a great way to pop the special question

image.jpg image.jpg
Got to meet Anna and Elsa while Anna was a little rushed she was sweet as ever!
Elsa and I agreed that chocolate should be a form of payment
image.jpg
Finally found this tinker fairy she was a blast to interact with she told me to keep Peter in check lol
image.jpg
These guys are a riot and I can proudly say they stole my hat and played with it, I had to agree it looked better on them than me lol!image.jpg
I met the Tremains!! Omg they were everything I hoped for Anistasia saw my pendent and was "OH LOOK GOLD!!" Lady Tremains asked me if I planned to grow up after seeing all my Peter swag, I replied with maybe one day, she seemed to accept that answer. I bowed to drivel ka and whispered she was just as much a princess as Cinderella, she I think sincerely loved that.
image.jpg
Got to meet my FAVORITE character inside the magic kingdom that was a first location wise ( I noticed he doesn't meet very long and the live closes very fast) but was worth it he was all " you have my hat but different" he talked to me and interacted a bit.. Think some ppl got mad he spent extra time with me, some were whispering when I got back to my scooter about how I was faking, but I didn't bother me I met my disney hero :)

Love that im meeting them more now all characters !! Can't wait till I go back in October lol!!

I haven't read the whole thread but I thought I'd share some of my stories:

1. One time I was there with a girl I was dating at the time and she was taking a couple of pics of me in Epcot (England section). All of the sudden Piglet and Pooh bear showed up and came over to join me for a few pics (1998 or so)

2. I was walking through MGM (at the time) and Buzz Lightyear came up to me (once again while I was getting a pic taken) and joined me. He gave me a thumbs up

3. Jasmine also joined me once for a pic. I honestly think she was trying to flirt with me...but I didn't mind so much since I was single at the time and she was incredibly beautiful.

All 3 of those stories happened where I was in the right place at the right time. I'm guess I had to be near where they come out from their CM areas. There were no kids or crowds flocked around them or anything. This would tell me that at least some of them enjoy interacting with the adults. I wish I could find some of these pics...maybe my mom has them floating around and I could scan them in next time I visit.

i was reading the tips for meeting characters for belle it suggested saying bonjour, if i were to also ask 'how are you ' in french would she be able to answer? idk much french but i can introduce myself and say how are you and reply to the same

View attachment 92082 View attachment 92083
Got to meet Anna and Elsa while Anna was a little rushed she was sweet as ever!
Elsa and I agreed that chocolate should be a form of payment
View attachment 92081
Finally found this tinker fairy she was a blast to interact with she told me to keep Peter in check lol
View attachment 92084
These guys are a riot and I can proudly say they stole my hat and played with it, I had to agree it looked better on them than me lol!View attachment 92086
I met the Tremains!! Omg they were everything I hoped for Anistasia saw my pendent and was "OH LOOK GOLD!!" Lady Tremains asked me if I planned to grow up after seeing all my Peter swag, I replied with maybe one day, she seemed to accept that answer. I bowed to drivel ka and whispered she was just as much a princess as Cinderella, she I think sincerely loved that.
View attachment 92087
Got to meet my FAVORITE character inside the magic kingdom that was a first location wise ( I noticed he doesn't meet very long and the live closes very fast) but was worth it he was all " you have my hat but different" he talked to me and interacted a bit.. Think some ppl got mad he spent extra time with me, some were whispering when I got back to my scooter about how I was faking, but I didn't bother me I met my disney hero :)

Love that im meeting them more now all characters !! Can't wait till I go back in October lol!!
whered you get your hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter