Do Ships Officers Dine with Cruisers

Harryo

Mouseketeer
Hi all, Just wondering if ships officers ever dine with families. My Dw and I took a 4 day cruise years ago on the Big Red Boat and dined with the ships hotel manager and a couple of employee of the cruise line. They told us to always request to sit with a ships officer because they really take care of the folks they dine with i.e free drinks and wine etc. Is this done on Disney Cruiseline?

On our 4/2002, our Head Server asked us if we would like to have a Ship's Officer dine with us one evening. We said sure. He was in charge of operations- very interesting fellow. He bought wine & drinks for the table. It was an enjoyable evening.

~ Linda :)

Hi,
On our cruise in May of '02, we had the hotel manager eat with us one night. It was great and he was very entertaining as he told us what his job was and how he did it. He said he loved eating with the guests because it gave him time to see the guest's view of how the ship and it's staff were doing. I'd love to have that happen again!

In all of the times we sailed on DCL, I've never seen any officer eat in the diningrooms...must be a special occasion

Hi,

On our first DCL cruise in 2002 we had an officer dine with us on the formal night.

We noticed our server setting an extra place when we arrived for dinner and he advised that one or two tables in each of the dining rooms on the formal night are chosen to have an officer dine with them.

Guess it must have been our lucky day as they are authorised to use expenses to buy wine etc for the table...very nice it was too
:teeth:

Alba

On our 1/10-1/17 cruise, we requested and had Cruise Director Rachel dine with us one night. She showed up late and left early (only for one course) and didn't "buy" us any drinks, but the guys in our party enjoyed it. :rolleyes:

We have never had an officer dine with us in the dining room but I have seen many officers eating in the dining rooms.

We did have the privilege to be asked to dine with the Captain on our 8/3/02 cruise at Palo....unfortunately he was not able to show up due to the Magic coming to the aid of some Cuban refugees in a small boat. We of course, understood completely, and were entertained for a bit by the V.P. of DCL who was cruising at the time with his family. It's the same guy on the Travel Channel special...his name escapes me at the moment. It was a very enjoyable evening anyway as we were a group of 4 or 5 couples (all picked for one reason or another). We got complimentary wine and drinks and each woman received a rose and each couple received a complimentary photo keepsake and menu dated and signed by the Captain.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter