Do restaurants close for special events?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by WifeofZeusse, Nov 5, 2011.

1. WifeofZeusse

WifeofZeusse Earning My Ears

Jun 18, 2011
    Yesterday was my 180 day mark and I tried booking Raglan Road for May 2, 2012 for 6:00 pm and no avaliablity. :confused3 I can only book something up to 2:30 pm. I called Disney Dining and she was unable to find anything either and told me they hadn't loaded the times into the system yet and to try in another week. :scared1: Well the patient person I am waited a day and tried again and same thing. I can get the day after for dinner but nothing for May 2nd. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Could the restaurant be closed for a special event?
  2. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

Dec 6, 2009
    It is possible. Raglan Road is not a WDW owned restaurant. Try calling Raglan Road directly (407-938-0300). I did not see anything on their web site for that day. Raglan Road Website.
  3. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

May 7, 2006
    Something must be going on because they don't even have reservations open on Open Table (which is how you make reservations from the Raglan Road website). Sadly, I have already deleted my November news letter so I can't even look at it to see if anything is noted.
  4. plutolovr

plutolovr DIS Veteran

Sep 17, 1999
    Yes, restaurants can be booked for a special event. We were in Disney a few years ago and it was reported that CRT was closed for breakfast that morning because someone had bought out the restaurant for his DD's 1st birthday party, $$$$$. She won't be spoiled at all. :wizard:;)