Do Orbitz ticket vouchers ever expire if not used?

SuzyQue

Serious Mickey Nut
I know they expire 14 days after first use, but what if you don't use them for another year or so? They ask for your dates before they give prices, but I can't find anywhere on their site if the voucher is only good for the dates you entered. We are booked through Disney and only buying tickets through Orbitz which have a better price on their 5-day hopper than Undercover Tourist. TIA :)

I've only bought tix from Orbitz once and it was a couple of years ago but I remember that the expiration was the dates you put in for your trip.
They take the last day you put to get the prices and have that as an expiration date. Not sure if that is how it still is but that is how it was on our voucher.

I bought tickets last year and put in our March trip date but we reschedule our trip to Sept and I had no problem using them in Sept.

You should be able to get the code from orbitz to redeem the vouchers into your MDE account. If you have magic bands, then there's nothing else to do.

You should be able to get the code from orbitz to redeem the vouchers into your MDE account. If you have magic bands, then there's nothing else to do.

Right, I understand that part. I just wanted to make sure that if something prevented us from making our trip in March, our vouchers wouldn't be useless later on because they expire at a certain point.

Right, I understand that part. I just wanted to make sure that if something prevented us from making our trip in March, our vouchers wouldn't be useless later on because they expire at a certain point.
Entering the code into MDE is functionally equivalent to redeeming the voucher at the ticket window. They aren't vouchers after you redeem the code in MDE; they're tickets. Tickets never expire, with very few exceptions.

Entering the code into MDE is functionally equivalent to redeeming the voucher at the ticket window. They aren't vouchers after you redeem the code in MDE; they're tickets. Tickets never expire, with very few exceptions.

Ahhhh now I see, thanks for clarifying that for me! Now I just need to figure out how to make sure they use the new Orbitz tickets (buy 3 get 2 days free hopper) instead of the left over non-expiring ones I had linked for our trip last year. Or do we start fresh with a new trip? Care to tackle that question for me? ;)

Ahhhh now I see, thanks for clarifying that for me! Now I just need to figure out how to make sure they use the new Orbitz tickets (buy 3 get 2 days free hopper) instead of the left over non-expiring ones I had linked for our trip last year. Or do we start fresh with a new trip? Care to tackle that question for me? ;)
You'll need to stop at Guest Services outside the park and have them "prioritize" the tickets in your MDE account before you enter the park.

Not to hijack, does that this mean that even purchasing their current promo of 3 days, 2 days free which indicates must be used by Aug 30th, doesn't really need to be used by Aug 30th? Can I have them sit in my MDE acct for a while. I have magic bands from an old trip, nothing is booked yet but we're considering this fall.

Not to hijack, does that this mean that even purchasing their current promo of 3 days, 2 days free which indicates must be used by Aug 30th, doesn't really need to be used by Aug 30th? Can I have them sit in my MDE acct for a while. I have magic bands from an old trip, nothing is booked yet but we're considering this fall.

Good question, I'd be interested in the answer as well. ::yes::

Again...I haven't done this, but I have been mired in a lot of other orbitz/Disney/MDE/ticket issues that took a lot of time to straighten out..... so buyer beware. This is what has prevented me in the past from buying Orbitz vouchers,that expiration date. Just the chance that I could lose that purchase if my dates changed (and they did,last year!) was enough to put me off. just be careful.

I've only seen "group" tickets that expire, so that's a new promotion that I've never seen before. I know Universal Orlando tickets with "free" days often have an expiration date, but I've never seen it for Disney tickets before. So, until someone tries it, I can't say for certain.

I just purchased the Cheaptickets 3-days-plus-2-free park hopper deal via ebates. As someone completely new to ticket vouchers (as well as ebates, for that matter), I was also concerned about the alleged August 30 "expiration date." This ticket promo isn't a promo in the sense of a YES ticket or some other deeply discounted organizational ticket; it's just a 5-day ticket that CT puffs up with the "two days free" language. It turns out that I will be going during the last full week of August, so this shouldn't matter, but I agree with supersnoop here: I think that once the voucher is linked with MDX, the August 30 date doesn't matter any more. As stated above, it becomes an actual ticket at that point, and as a still-unused ticket, it remains valid forever.

BTW, I went with Cheaptickets because their ebates deal (6.88% or something like that) was better than Orbitz's.

I just purchased the Cheaptickets 3-days-plus-2-free park hopper deal via ebates.
I also just purchased this over the weekend! I do wonder tho.... I linked them to MDE. There is no expiration showing. With my AP vouchers purchased through Disney's website, they have an expiration date of 2030 (right below the AP that's linked to a person on MDE). Is that normal that non-APs would not have a date associated? :confused3 I guess because the AP would have a 366 day expiration after activation so before activation they have to put something?

I also just purchased this over the weekend! I do wonder tho.... I linked them to MDE. There is no expiration showing. With my AP vouchers purchased through Disney's website, they have an expiration date of 2030 (right below the AP that's linked to a person on MDE). Is that normal that non-APs would not have a date associated? :confused3 I guess because the AP would have a 366 day expiration after activation so before activation they have to put something?

All I can say in this regard is that I'm pretty sure that AP vouchers remain valid indefinitely. The "2030" sounds like a placeholder rather than a real expiration date. Maybe Cheshire Figment or one of the other ticketing grand-masters can chime in on this.

Update: I purchased the CheapTickets 5-day PH deal ("3, plus 2 days free") on March 2. Today, March 5, the Disney ticket code appeared in my CheapTickets customer account. I linked the ticket to MDE with no problem. Nowhere in MDE did I see any warning about using the ticket by August 30, or by any date for that matter, even though the CheapTickets fine print states an August 30 deadline.

As I understand it, a voucher for a "normal" ticket -- i.e., not YES, not convention, not timeshare or anything like that -- stays valid forever. Most likely I'll never find out, since I'll be there the last week of August. Ticketing gurus, what say you -- can a ticket voucher disappear at the stroke of, uh....August 30? :scared:

I don't know the answer, but thanks for the info about the AP 2030 expiry. I was wondering about that when I bought some AP's recently that I haven't activated yet.

I have a follow-up on the above. Today I arrived in Orlando and headed over to Disney Springs so I could redeem my Orbitz voucher for the 5-day PH. In fact I had already linked that ticket to MDE. Despite that, the Guest Relations CM could not "find" my ticket within the Disney computer system. I handed over my driver license, my printed confirmation/voucher from Orbitz, and even the credit card that I used to buy the ticket from Orbitz. No dice. This left me scratching my head, as I remembered quite clearly getting a confirmation from MDE that the ticket had been successfully linked. Weeks ago I had set up Fastpasses without any issue.

Anyhoo, the CM eventually did issue me a plastic RFID ticket, though I'm not sure what specifically convinced her to do so. For a while it looked like I was in for a long telephone call with Orbitz after an exhausting travel day. Whether this ticket actually works is another question, I guess; maybe I'll end up reporting for Round Two at the Magic Kingdom's outside GRO. :crazy:

The whole thing could just be a one-time technical error, of course. Or maybe Orbitz-bought tickets are in some kind of suspended animation until the arrival of the exact travel window that the buyer specified when purchasing the ticket. I might have specified tomorrow or maybe Monday the 24th. It seems odd that the ticket wouldn't officially "exist" until that date when I've already been able to link it to MDE and create Fastpasses for it.

I had all that information from Orbitz too when I went to redeem my tickets. The magical piece of information needed at guest relations was the "magic code" which you have to specifically either call or email ORBITZ to get. Or at least that is how I got it thanks to another thread with the information at the time I bought my Tickets from orbitz. I got them back at the last time ebates had the 20% discount.

Ah, now I see the issue here. I went back into my CheapTickets account (not Orbitz, sorry--I can't keep all these vendors straight). Shortly after purchasing my ticket last March, the Disney Ticket Confirmation read "pending" and that's the one I printed out. But now there is a confirmation code on that line. So okay, I didn't have the code last night, but I was still able to prove it was me and the ticket still appeared linked in my MDE account. Is this why Disney spent a billion dollars or whatever on technology upgrades, so they can't do the simplest thing? :crutches:

I will do it right next time, of course, but the whole process could use a little clarification from the customer standpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter