Do kids need their KTTW card other than getting on/off at ports?

Fab5Family

Mouseketeer
I was planning to get lanyards for all of us, then I started wondering if this is really necessary for the kids (?) Our boys are all under age 10, and we didn't plan for them to have charging privileges anyway.

If they just need them for getting on/off at the ports then we will all be together and I will probably just hold them all.

Is there some other reason they would need them that I am not thinking of? The only time we would not be together is when they are checked into the kids' clubs, and I am guessing you just need the cards when they check in/out but not during the time they are actually in the club (?)

I have always carried my DS KTTW card in my lanyard with my card. This way it never got lost.

DS took his card with him to the club so that he could check himself in and out.

I have always carried my DS KTTW card in my lanyard with my card. This way it never got lost.

This was what I did too. DD6 was always with us unless she was in the kids club, and the only time she needed her KTTW was getting on and off the ship, when I was definitely right there with her so I had her card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter