Do kids get a cupcake with BOG lunch on DDP?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Patience, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Patience

Patience DIS Veteran

I have seen some posts saying that kids on the DDP do not receive a dessert at Be Our Guest for lunch. Do they?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 6disneykids

6disneykids Mouseketeer

In March we had lunch at BOG, the 2 kids meals my kids ordered were the kids meatloaf and the meaty macaroni, neither came with dessert. I did not see cupcakes listed as a kids dessert option at lunch.

We used DDP for our lunches. The adults did come with a cupcake so I let the kids have mine. If using the DDP a cupcake can be redeemed for a snack credit.

I think that the difference is lunch is QS vs dinner being TS, because when we ate dinner at BOG, when it was TS, the kids meals did have the choice of a cupcake or cream puff for dessert.

I

4. Becky0216

Becky0216 Mouseketeer

We did get a cupcake with our kids lunches there but not sure if that was the norm or an inexperienced cast member.

5. briannesmom

briannesmom <font color=coral>Definitely not the kind of shot

We were there last week and my daughter ordered the Mickey meatloaf. No cupcake was included we just used a snack credit for it.

6. steff45

steff45 Earning My Ears

The Dining plan pdf specifically states that everyone is entitled to a dessert, so how does that work?

7. briannesmom

briannesmom <font color=coral>Definitely not the kind of shot

The desert that came with the meatloaf was peach applesauce at lunch and a fruit cup when we went for dinner. The cast member at lunch made a huge deal about us ordering a cupcake for her and using a snack credit for it. Like he had never seen anyone do it before.

8. 6disneykids

6disneykids Mouseketeer

As with most QS locations the kids options for dessert are not the same as the adults

9. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I had lunch at BOG on Friday and confirmed the kids' lunch situation. On the DDP, the peach applesauce counts as the dessert. There are two menu items that don't list it as being included; if you're on the DDP you'll still be able to receive it. I'm not sure if you need to ask for it or if it will come automatically in this case. If you pay OOP you'll receive whatever is listed with the meal, so you won't get the applesauce with the two entrees that don't list it. As PP mentioned, you can use a snack credit to get a cupcake for your child if you wish, or just pay OOP. At dinner, kids do get to choose a cupcake or cream puff for dessert.

10. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

Kids meals seem to be different. We took our then 3 1/2 y/o to WDW Feb 2012 on the DxDDP. Even with the DxDDP there were alot of meals (in fact most meals) where he did not get to order what I'd call an appetizer or dessert. He got whatever came with the kids meals, just like any other kid would on the regular DDP. Most kids meals come with something like celery and carrot sticks, so that counted as his appetizer and alot also came with grapes, applesauce, or a cookies and that counted as his dessert. What I didn't understand is that we paid for the DxDDP for him, but he got the exact same meals as if we had bought him the regular DDP. I just assumed that he would have been able to order an appetizer like us or at least gotten something in addition to what a kid on the basic DDP would have gotten.

11. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Be Our Guest is apparently saying that the kids' meals come with peach applesauce and that is considered the dessert. There are a couple of kids' meals that don't list the applesauce but apparently if you're on DDP you can get it or ask for it. The cupcakes and puffs aren't part of the kids' meal, they are listed and priced separately.

At dinner, the kids do get a cupcake or other sweet dessert included.

They've tried "the applesauce or yogurt is the dessert" before. They tried it with all kids' meals for awhile until they got a lot of complaints.