Do I need room prefs at Poly?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Stitch's Greatest Fa, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Stitch's Greatest Fa

Stitch's Greatest Fa DIS Veteran

Hi, I've been reading that so many of you state room prefs ahead of time. Has anyone been to the POly without stating prefs and still got a great room? We will be on our honeymoon, so I want it to be wonderful in every way.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Tikiman

Tikiman He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e wai

Every time I have stayed I have NEVER done any room or building requests. I have alwasy loved the room I get.

Aloha

Steve

4. Stitch's Greatest Fa

Stitch's Greatest Fa DIS Veteran

Thanks Steve, that's what i was hoping. By the way, LOVE your site, that finally sold me on the POlnesian!!! Thanks

5. Tikiman

Tikiman He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e wai

Not that requesting is a bad thing but I think it is exciting to go into your first visit not knowing exactly what to expect and to have where you end up be a surprise. Maybe after a few times there it is good to research and request a location so you can try something different or to request something you know you love already but for the first time just go for it. If you end up in a room you hate (which I doubt) you can see what is available to move into.

Have a great trip and let me know if I can ever be of any help.

Aloha

Steve

6. WIDisneyFan

WIDisneyFan DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of people who usually go without any request, and we have always been happy :earsboy:

7. dansyr

dansyr I'm a loser

Stitch's Greatest Fa,

If you're not interested in requesting a room I would still have the definitely state on your reservation that you are on your honeymoon. I think the room assignors would take that into consideration when assigning your room.

8. spectromagic fan

spectromagic fan Mouseketeer

We've never requested a specific building or room, but I do ask for a non-smoking room with a balcony. We've always been happy with our rooms. Each building/location has had its own perks. We're going in July, so I hope our good luck continues.

9. Luv2trav

Luv2trav DIS Veteran

While I agree with you to some extent Steve I do believe she should request a certain location. You had great location each time because from the looks of it you requested and paid for Lagoon View. It's hard to get a bad location with those rooms.

I personally feel if you are paying for a gardenview room you need to request location. We just returned from there and there were some locations that I would have been very unhappy with if I received those buildings. I was extremely happy with my room location because I received all of my requests!

Of course I would have loved ANY of the lagoon view locations.

JMO...