Do all accessible rooms have a king bed?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mommyaof2, Aug 1, 2006.

1. mommyaof2

mommyaof2 DIS Veteran

This may be a dumb question but I was just wondering if all handicapped rooms have only a king sized bed. I don't want an accessible room is why I am asking. Since we are a party of 4, I figured if they only have kings we would not be getting one. I have to have a tub for the kids. Thanks!

2. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No king sized beds in DVC studios that are handicapped accessible. Two queens or a queen and a double sleeper sofa.

3. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

They will not assign a king room to 4 people.

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

It depends on which resort you mean. I'm pretty sure I heard that all the HA rooms at All-Stars are king beds, I know mine was. But at POR, I had a HA room that had 2 double beds, and what surprised me was that it wasn't on the first floor.

6. mommyaof2

mommyaof2 DIS Veteran

I don't want an accessible room is the problem because I need 2 beds and I need a tub. Should I note it on the reservation or just ask when I check in? We will probably be staying at the Pop.

7. iNTeNSeBLue98

iNTeNSeBLue98 DIS Veteran

WDW won't put 4 people in an accessible room with only one king size bed. You don't need to make a request to have two beds. If you're staying at a value resort you will have two double beds with a tub/shower.

8. mommyaof2

mommyaof2 DIS Veteran

Thank you! That makes me fill so much better. :goodvibes