Do all accessible rooms have a king bed?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mommyaof2, Aug 1, 2006.

1. mommyaof2

mommyaof2 DIS Veteran

This may be a dumb question but I was just wondering if all handicapped rooms have only a king sized bed. I don't want an accessible room is why I am asking. Since we are a party of 4, I figured if they only have kings we would not be getting one. I have to have a tub for the kids. Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No king sized beds in DVC studios that are handicapped accessible. Two queens or a queen and a double sleeper sofa.

4. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

They will not assign a king room to 4 people.

5. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

It depends on which resort you mean. I'm pretty sure I heard that all the HA rooms at All-Stars are king beds, I know mine was. But at POR, I had a HA room that had 2 double beds, and what surprised me was that it wasn't on the first floor.

6. mommyaof2

mommyaof2 DIS Veteran

I don't want an accessible room is the problem because I need 2 beds and I need a tub. Should I note it on the reservation or just ask when I check in? We will probably be staying at the Pop.

7. iNTeNSeBLue98

iNTeNSeBLue98 DIS Veteran

WDW won't put 4 people in an accessible room with only one king size bed. You don't need to make a request to have two beds. If you're staying at a value resort you will have two double beds with a tub/shower.

8. mommyaof2

mommyaof2 DIS Veteran

Thank you! That makes me fill so much better. :goodvibes