DME Experience with tags

bellarella

DIS Veteran
Just got back using DME and the process was much smoother than we expected. Our tags got FedExed to us a day before our departure so we had the yellow tags on our bags. We landed at approx. noon and were in our hotel room by 1:40 (counting bathroom breaks, hearding two preschoolers and check in). We waited in the bus line for about 15-20 minutes, but we had just missed a bus (we were the second people in line). When we arrived at the hotel we went out to grab a bite to eat and when we came back to our room (around 3:30) our bags were already in our room.

I would recommend packing a change of clothes, or at least shorts if you are wearing pants for travel in your carry on in case your luggage takes awhile to get to your room.

On the return flight the transportation was also efficient. We were not traveling on a partner airline so we couldn't check in or check our bags at the hotel. We were able to load our bags (with assistance) into the bus and then board. The only gripe we had was that the driver let us off in an out of the way place and we had to walk the length of the terminal with our bags. Fortunately there was a porter waiting.

For the return trip I would recommend not cutting the bus schedule too closely. The day we left buses were coming every 1/2 hour, but because they travel on a continuous loop they can be delayed. We were very early (ended up 1/2 hour earlier than their recommended departure time) so it was not a problem for us that the bus was about 5 minutes late, but I did hear those that had waited until closer to their airline departure time getting nervous when the bus wasn't right on time. It seems Disney recommends approx 3 hours before your flight departure to board the bus. That amount is definately pleanty. I wouldn't grab a bus only 1.5 hours before because it could run late and make your check in rushed.

All in all a great service. For me it would not have been worth the money to hire a private car over DME.

Thanks for the review. After the first few days, it is great to hear things are working like they wanted them to.

Have a disney day! :wizard:

Thanks for your post! The more reports I read, the better I feel. I am glad that Disney has about six more weeks of "working out the kinks" before we get there. But, I will be sure to take the advice I've read on these boards and put my necessities inside my carry on to be safe! :earsgirl:

All the negatives the first few days had us ready to go with Tiffany Town Car, but reading some positive reports has us back on the fence. Will just have to wait and see what reports look like over the next week or two.
Our flight is scheduled to land at roughly 6:30pm and the idea of a 1am knock on the door to deliver our luggage isn't too appealing... :earseek:

I wanted to mention we were one of the "early" ones. Our arrival was on 5/8. Talking to people at the resort, it seems that those who had delayed arrival of luggage were the ones that did not have the tags. If you receive your tags, I don't think your bags should take that long (an hour or two after you arrive) to get to your room. The bright yellow tags make it easy for Disney to find your luggage and claim it. They also list your hotel. Then once at the hotel they get your room number and it goes to the bell hop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter