DLR Trip 1/16 - 1/21!!!! w00t!

myxdvz

DVC - BLT
2 weeks and we're on our way to DLR!!! I'm still left with a few details to plan.

• we have a 3 day park hopper and planning to do DLR on 1/18 to 1/21, that way we hit Friday, a weekend for the Fireworks (I heard some shows are only available on weekends during off season)
  • We are staying at VGC via my DVC points, do we get TTMM?
  • I figure 3 days is a leisurely way to do both DL and DCA and not exhaust my kids XYZ (6, 4, 2) too much. True?
  • I am planning to reserve one dining experience each day we're there. What are your suggestions?
  • We have preferred seating and parade viewing but not the TTMM tickets. Is that weird? Do I need to ask Disney?

The biggest challenge I have right now is planning transportation. We fly into LAX and spend 1 night at Universal Studios Citywalk. Then we drive to DLR. Do I rent a car (and pay parking)? or just get private transfer arrangements? Times like this, I miss Magic Express.

LAX to Universal City
Universal to VGC
VGC to LAX

First, :welcome:

I saw your post on the January Trippers thread and added you to our list. :thumbsup2

we have a 3 day park hopper and planning to do DLR on 1/18 to 1/21, that way we hit Friday, a weekend for the Fireworks (I heard some shows are only available on weekends during off season)

They have updated the calendar recently and have eliminated Fantasmic for your dates. World of Color is on that Friday and Saturday though. :) Also, be aware that that weekend is the NAMM convention, one of the largest conventions of the year. Hotels get get booked, but you are set with DVC. Just keep in mind that the parks may be busier. Use that Thursday to take adantage of short wait times.

We are staying at VGC via my DVC points, do we get TTMM?

I'm not 100%, but hotel guests get MM, so I would assume you are good to go. Thursday and Saturday for your MM. :)

I figure 3 days is a leisurely way to do both DL and DCA and not exhaust my kids XYZ (6, 4, 2) too much. True?

Plenty of time, especially with that slow Thursday. Remember, Disneyland and California Adventure are as close as Future World and World Showcase at Epcot.

I am planning to reserve one dining experience each day we're there. What are your suggestions?

Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou, Goofy's Kitchen, Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza. Carnation Cafe is closed for refurb.

We have preferred seating and parade viewing but not the TTMM tickets. Is that weird? Do I need to ask Disney?

Preferred seating? Do you mean FPs for World of Color?

The biggest challenge I have right now is planning transportation. We fly into LAX and spend 1 night at Universal Studios Citywalk. Then we drive to DLR. Do I rent a car (and pay parking)? or just get private transfer arrangements? Times like this, I miss Magic Express.

Lots of choices. We use a car service. We like not having to worry about driving. Many places have parking fees. Grand Californian does offer valet service, but it's expense. Plus you probably will not touch your car while at DL.

Hope this helps! My family will be there the 16th-20th. Keep your eye out for my lime green mickey head with Halloweenqueen on it! Say hi!

Hi Halloweenqueen - thanks for the quick reply! We'll be there together... yay! :)

1. we have a 3 day park hopper and planning to do DLR on 1/18 to 1/21, that way we hit Friday, a weekend for the Fireworks (I heard some shows are only available on weekends during off season)

They have updated the calendar recently and have eliminated Fantasmic for your dates. World of Color is on that Friday and Saturday though. :) Also, be aware that that weekend is the NAMM convention, one of the largest conventions of the year. Hotels get get booked, but you are set with DVC. Just keep in mind that the parks may be busier. Use that Thursday to take adantage of short wait times.

I think that's fine. We've seen Fantasmic in WDW. We definitely want to see WoC. I thought about watching at the rooftop of VGC on our first night (non-park day), then get preferred seating bag/FP for WoC). Bummer about the NAMM convention, I was hoping to get the park all to ourselves :) Hopefully, Friday won't be too bad. We will be out of there by Saturday :)
  2. We are staying at VGC via my DVC points, do we get TTMM?

I'm not 100%, but hotel guests get MM, so I would assume you are good to go. Thursday and Saturday for your MM. :)

I just checked my original order and my original receipt says 4 day park hopper + 1 Magic Morning but the latest receipt says 3 day park hopper + 1 Magic Morning. I think we get Magic Morning by virtue of staying at a Disney property, no? Do I need extra/separate tickets for TTMM?
  3. I figure 3 days is a leisurely way to do both DL and DCA and not exhaust my kids XYZ (6, 4, 2) too much. True?

Plenty of time, especially with that slow Thursday. Remember, Disneyland and California Adventure are as close as Future World and World Showcase at Epcot.

This was the intent. Slow Wed, Thursday and maybe busy Friday. We won't be at Disney on Saturday, we'll drive back in the LAX area and relax since its our flight day.
  4. I am planning to reserve one dining experience each day we're there. What are your suggestions?

Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou, Goofy's Kitchen, Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza. Carnation Cafe is closed for refurb.

Thanks! Dining reservations for DLR is throwing me for a loop. I'm not used to not booking 6 months in advance! :)
  5. We have preferred seating and parade viewing but not the TTMM tickets. Is that weird? Do I need to ask Disney?

Preferred seating? Do you mean FPs for World of Color?

No, as part of our package, we have preferred seating tickets for 4 shows (Aladdin, Muppet Vision, It's tough to be a bug and Animation Academy). I thought when I bought it that it will include WoC, but no dice. And we also get a Premium Preferred Parade Viewing, whatever that is :)
  6. The biggest challenge I have right now is planning transportation. We fly into LAX and spend 1 night at Universal Studios Citywalk. Then we drive to DLR. Do I rent a car (and pay parking)? or just get private transfer arrangements? Times like this, I miss Magic Express.

Lots of choices. We use a car service. We like not having to worry about driving. Many places have parking fees. Grand Californian does offer valet service, but it's expense. Plus you probably will not touch your car while at DL.

Yes, this is why I don't want to rent a car, because I don't think we'll leave the property once we're there, so all we really need are Transfer services.

Hope this helps! My family will be there the 16th-20th. Keep your eye out for my lime green mickey head with Halloweenqueen on it! Say hi!

I will definitely keep an eye out! It will be too random if it happened, but I've had stranger things happen to me (I once met a girl I was on the boards with on a Hollywood tour, in the van!). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter