DLP Rides: Can you enter queue until closing?

ScottwPA

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We are heading to DLP for the first time in a few weeks, and are very excited! I have a question about the queues - can you enter a queue up until closing time like at the USA Disney parks? For example, if Space Mountain has a posted 11 PM close time and the wait is 90 minutes, can you still enter the line at 10:59 PM (with your ride taking place around 12:30 AM)?

Also, we will be there on a Thursday-Saturday, and of course Saturday will be very crowded. We decided to splurge on the Castle Club room at the Disneyland Hotel so will have the VIP fastpasses. With this in mind, is there any strategy for hitting the non-FP attractions? We are most interested in Phantom Manor and Pirates which are non-FP attractions. Is the queue for Pirates relatively short for the first few hours of the day?

Thanks in advance!

I would like to know this too - particularly with Crush's Coaster in mind. A couple of years age, we were in line for this and the park had officially shut - then the CM says that the ride had broken down - we never found out if this were really true or whether they just wanted to go home. It would seem like a good time to hit this ride but I could be wrong.

We are going at Xmas so also a really busy time - we went Xmas 3 years ago and found that Pirates went quiet towards the end of day

Last week fast passes for all the big rides had gone by mid-afternoon which meant that there were no fast past queues or gates for the fast passes open after 9pm, least that was our experience.

I would be under the impression that it would surely be okay.

Every ride has an entry point with a attendant, so surely would be a case of just closing it off once they see how big a queue they have.

FD

I know at Crush's Coaster in July this was the way it worked. I entered the line at 630 for a 7 pm closing with a posted 60 minute wait and there were plenty of people in line behind me. I didn't exit until 745, and I could still see the end of the queue.

As for Pirates, not sure if this was a fluke, but when I was in MK on Saturday, July 11, Pirates was a walk-on (5 minutes posted) at about 4pm and then the same at 7 pm.

Pirates and Phantom Manor are pretty much always a near walk (10-15 mins)on except on the most crowded days or if there is a breakdown. But early and late is quietest of all (or during the parade times).

Most attractions you can hop on just before closing (once did 21 rides of Space Mountain back to back this way, we were able to just stay on). Beware of the staggered opening and closing times that are only posted at the entrance of the attractions.

However, beware that Big Thunder and Crush have been known to break down, so any must ride attractions, only employ this tactic if it is for a re-ride.

If Nemo is a must, 1st thing is your best option (and be prepared for a 60-90 min wait - not worth it IMHO). If you are a gambler, then late in the day has shorter waits provided the piece of junk has not broken down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter