DLP proposal help!!!

Go on you tube and do a search for disney proposals. Most are ones done in the US, my favourite being the caracture ones. Some are ones that have been done in paris too. I have to admit some are quite amazing and origional. :-)

I like the auberges suggestion,

At this restaurant you can guarantee her favourite Cinderella will be there plus other princesses.

At Auberges they make a big fuss of special occasions plus youd get your champayne and its warm inside etc
I was there in Nov for my daughters 6th birthday and they made such a fuss of her not only did ALL the characters came over to wish her happy birthday but Cinderella and the step sisters all sang happy birthday to her brought her a cake then Cinderella got her up on the dance floor.

Fingers crossed you can be sneaky enough but I would mention your plans at every possible opportunity eg. when you book, mention it again when you check into your hotel, mention it again at City Hall and def when you arrive i the restaurant. :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

You could then go staright to the castle after the meal to take pictures both in front of castle and inside ...............:cloud9::cloud9:

Thanks again everyone :)

Okay so this is were im up too

Knowhere hmph!

I rang the restaurant booking and they are only open 12-3.30pm that week so now it will have to be a special lunch but hopefully still with characters

I rang my hotel magic circus thinking it was disney owned to find its private and they cant offer any room decorations chocolates etc just champange.

I had an email from the DLP relations telling me all the stuff they cant do an that if i had booked at the main castle suites i could have paid for private meets too late now.

So far im regretting the spontaneous idea of DLP now as there such a let down wish id picked florida now :/

But anyway some ideas here have been a big help
The idea now is to make the whole week full of little fun treats

But the main day im still planning the carriage ride down main street and either propose in the castle on balconies or if a cm can help with a character inside if that fails il go the wishing well outside the castle and propose followed by lunch at cinderllas place hopefully with some champagne also through the week were going into paris so some romantic sight seeing and meals

And at every opportunity in the park id be mentioning the occasion to try get extra special help :)

Thankyou all for the help its saved the trip.

One last thing does anybody know if we would 1. have the space and 2. privacy and 3. not be thrown out if i decided to be romantic and dance with my princess on a balcony? She loves the old disney style ballroom dancing. It would be the icing on the cake

you definitely won't get thrown out for dancing with your Princess anywhere in the parks - thats lovely and I'm sure you'd probably get a round of applause :goodvibes. You may not have room inside the castle, but you probably would on the balcony (and you definitely would by the wishing well, so many people don't even know it exists).

I'm not sure if a carriage ride up Main St would work with your plans though - the only horse-drawn vehicle at DLP is a tram, the other Main St vehicles are old engines ie a car, a police wagon, a firetruck etc. Theres no "carriage" as such. These vehicles are usually around in the mornings, but usually not very frequent after around 11am.

There is a stationary Princess carriage outside the Auberge de Cendrillon restaurant (where you go for the Princess lunch) - that might be a possibility for your romantic dance or even proposal?

Sorry you're having trouble making this a special Disney proposal, as you've found out DLP doesn't do in-your-face shout-it-out celebrations. I'm sure it will still be a very special day for your girlfriend, as you're putting so much effort into it :love:.

eta - I saw photos from a couple who got engaged at DLP once - he got down on one knee with the ring when they had just reached Minnie on her queued meet n greet - I thought that was fabulous, because they then had the official photographers photos, the CM took photos with the couples camera, and Minnie herself really got into the part, being all excited for them!

Wanted to echo what Elaine has said. It's not a carriage as such, and there's no guarantee it'll be around when you want it there.

This is the tram - it's still lovely, but probably not what you are imagining and it won't be private. And you may have to queue/wait for a ride.

800px-Horse_Tram_at_Disneyland_Paris.jpg

The castle balcony is wide enough to walk along, but I wouldn't say dance. Also it's open to the public so you'll have lots of people trying to squeeze past etc.

I advise you either make sure the first in the park (what my DH did we were lucky and had about 15 minutes with no one else around as it was quiet season) or go for a quieter spot than the Castle if you want to dance etc.

It's in the right of the castle as you look at it from Main St.

Sort of between the castle and the castle stage.

It's in the right of the castle as you look at it from Main St.

Sort of between the castle and the castle stage.

yes, you can clearly see it if you walk up between the side of the Auberge and the Castle to the entrance to the Christmas shop there. If you look from that walkway towards Main St USA you'll see the wishing well just below you :).

Thanks ladies. Must have a look for it as its not ringing a bell.

My husband proposed to me on the castle balcony overlooking fantasyland and it couldn't have been more perfect.

He got me up early saying he wanted to go to early entry and see things before the crowds arrived. I told him off at first for wanting to see the castle when the rides had no queues! It's pretty big on the balcony and no-one else came up. Once upon a Dream was playing in the background! You could definitely dance up there. We actually asked another tourist to take a pic of us in fantasyland with the castle and balcony in the background so we could have that memento. No CMs involved.

Also, think about the bars at Disney hotels. We had some amazing champagne cocktails at sequoia lodge that night after tea at cafe mickey. All lovely!

Good luck with your proposal :)

My hubby proposed at midnight on New Year's Eve in DLP 4 years ago just gone. He got down on one knee as the fireworks started. It was lovely.

My advice to you would gage get up on that balcony, give someone English your camera and set it to record and not photo (don't tell her that though) and just ask someone to hold and aim it, not to worry about doing anything else and then when she thinks you're going to have a picture together get down on one kee and ask there. Being asked on the castle is way better than in front of it ;) good luck!!

How romantic!! That is really lovely!
I am sure whatever you decide to do will blow her away:)
I had tears in my eyes reading all the ideas- so sweet!!!!!

I am still waiting on my romantic proposal-LOL (have been married 20 years in March) MY DH didn't propose- we just kind of decided to get engaged one Monday night while we were in the local swimming pool :(

Good Luck whatever option you take- it will be wonderful!!!
Fiona

This is so sweet, and I'm sorry that you haven't found Disney to be very helpful. It must be frustrating, especially as you aren't familiar with the parks etc. But you're an amazing guy for going to all this effort and I'm sure she will be blown away.
When I was there in November, there was a couple in front of us queuing to meet Jack Skellington and Sally (from a Nightmare Before Christmas). When they were posing between the characters, he got down on one knee and proposed! It was amazing, everyone was clapping, the characters were really shocked and delighted too. Turns out (obviously enough) that that is the lucky girl's favourite movie. I was so glad to be there to see it, it was magical, and the characters were so into it even though it shocked them. It's a shame you can't guarantee meeting Cinderella that way UNLESS you go to Auberge, but I think Auberge would be wonderful for your proposal for that reason.

I got my DLP proposal in December 2011! DFi woke me up extra early on the morning of my birthday and insisted he wanted to make us the first people into the park. He was true to his word, and rushed us down to the castle whilst it was still dark and no one else was around. We had the whole of the castle to ourselves and Fantasyland was completely empty. He went down on one knee on the balcony and the rest is history! :lovestruc

Even if you keep it simple, and don't get any characters or cms involved, it'll still be hugely memorable and special. I actually appreciated that it was just the two of us! Also worth considering is the castle at the centre of Alice's Curious Labyrinth. The view from the top is amazing - one of the most beautiful places in the park (in my opinion, anyway!).

Wow, its been just over three years since I wrote this mainly because I forgot the site details.
I imagine most of you wont read this site any more but if this happens to reach any of you helping me at the time and asking how it went!! Here it goes:

Well... we did have an amazing time and I did propose! It was on the castle main walkway in front of a lot of strangers haha. I had a Tiffany ring in a glass slipper, she said yes (thankfully) few tears of joy followed by many happy memories. We had pictures, special meals, character meets in the restaurant, Trips all round the romantic background of Paris and the good old padlock on the bridge etc.

It was a fantastic trip.

And since then we have gone on to make our own little bundle of joy an amazing little girl Marina who is almost 2 her middle name is Fa Mu Lan BTW (she's half Chinese/half english) and bought our first home.

And at this time of writing we are now planning to try for baby number 2.

In conclusion it was the best decision I ever made and its been amazing ever since :) x

awww thats so cute, thanks for coming back and letting us know how you got on, I wasnt here when you originally posted but I always wonder about the rest of the story when people ask for help for something like this :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter