DLP or Legoland?

Isila

There is a big beautiful tomorrow
So, when we just got back, boys started saving money for another trip to DLP next year. And I was fine with that. Now we had an invitation from a dear friend to go to Legoland UK instead with her family (and to some London, Windzor sightseeing). My kids exchanged DLP for Legoland, so I began my research as I know nothing of it. But the prices... Oh my. I've been spoilt by DLP good deals. And after some reading and looking I began to wonder if it's worth going. But on the other hand - 5 trips to DLP in 5 years... Maybe it's time for something new? But again - I want to go to DLP!!!!

What are your thoughts?

I think you have come to the wrong forum if you want us to tell you to go to Legoland :). I did a little research last year to compair the prices of staying at Legoland, Alton Towers and DLP and DLP worked out the cheapest.

I have friends that have APs for Legoland in Windsor and theyand their two boys have a great time there, but two days is long enough for that park. And it's in a good location for visiting London and also the Harry Potter Universal Studio Tour, which is well worth a visit.

A one year break from DLP would not hurt, especialy with all the refubishment work planned for next year, and you could consider returning in 2017 for the 25th anniversary.

No, I want you to tell I MUST go to DLP :crazy:
I'm just looking for some honest answers. Like if it's worth doing, worth the price and, like you said - worth a year break from DLP.

i take my 2 kids to legoland every year. They love it there. they are 4 and 8 years old. We book a short break which gives you 2 full days in the park and an overnight stay in a hotel with breakfast. I had a bargain price of £107 for this July. Its a nice park with loads of rides that suit my kids ages, but given the choice, then DLP would be our first preference! When i ask my kids where they want to go this year they always say Legoland and disneyland. (with Butlins a close third) :-) Given the choice then DLP wins hands down though.

Last week I did a 3 day trip with my DDs. 2 in Chessington and 1 day in London.
I spent my Tesco vouchers on merlin annual passes!!!
I have been to legoland every year for the past 7 or so.
My major complaint about all the merlin parks is the fact you have to pay for fast passes! And if you are wanting to go on more than a couple of rides you will need to pay!!!!
The queue times are horrendous!

The loading of rides is much more disorganised than you will be used to at DLP which may wind you up as much as much as it does me!

If you do go take a pack lunch and eat in the queue.
It's good. But it's not disneyland!

We have been Merlin Pass Holders for the past five years and have extensive experience of the Merlin Theme Parks. Legoland is a great park but cannot be compared to DLP. At a leisurely pace Legoland can be exhausted in two days easily. We have probaby been to Legoland between 5-10 times a year for the past 5 years (we only live 40 minutes away!) but our eldest is now 13 and very little interests her at Legoland now so we thought we would forgo the Merlin passes this year and buy DLP Annual Passes. If we had a choice of a trip to Legoland or DLP, DLP would win EVERY time!!!

No comparison for me.

But my DD is still quite little so it could be better for bigger children.

But if you've not been to the UK it's maybe worth a visit for a change? Lots of lovely stuff in the London area. X

well, we could do just London and go to DLP...
If it's not organized I hate it. It will drive me crazy! But a change is always good.
And I could hit Disneystore in London. There's one, right?!
I want to go to DLP.I'll leave kids to go to Legoland with my friend and board plane to Paris...

We are merlin pass holders so regularly visit Legoland (Also helps that it's only 20/30 mins away from us) - we absolutely love it there but it just cannot compete with DLP!

As others have said it really is the type of park you can complete in 1 or 2 days (depending on how busy the park is when you go). But if you combine it with a trip to London and Windsor then I think you'd have a great time!

well, we could do just London and go to DLP...
If it's not organized I hate it. It will drive me crazy! But a change is always good.
And I could hit Disneystore in London. There's one, right?!
I want to go to DLP.I'll leave kids to go to Legoland with my friend and board plane to Paris...

yes, there are couple of Disney stores in London with the biggest one on the Oxford st... and you dont need a plan to get to Paris - Eurostar train will take you direct to Disneyland from central London, quicker and cheaper probably ... did you have a look at the prices for next year, you could do similar like this year but instead Paris have London + DLP
happy planingpixiedust:

Just on Legoland....would your DH be going? the reason I ask is that many of the rides there are for two people only, so wouldn't be suitable for you and the two boys.

Otherwise, I would be inclined to go. I'd love to go myself. I wouldn't stay onsite though as the hotel is ridiculously expensive. There's also a Harry Potter studio/musuem in London if the boys are interested in that.

I knew I could count on you!!! You know everything and are best help ever. So much useful info. That will help me with my planing. Thanks so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter