DLP in Feb?

madgabb

Earning My Ears
Last year we went in March and the weather was PERFECT! This year we want to go for my birthday in February. What is the weather usually like? We have two little girls I make custom outfits for and I am trying to decide which way to go with them.

Also we want to try to get to the Effiel Tower this time as it's our last year in Europe. What the best and cheapest way to get there?

Thanks in advance for any help!:yay:

This year Feb was freezing for half of it - we got as low as -14° real -18° ..feels like with the wind chill ...the 2nd half was better so no idea what it could be like next year

Here's the historique for Feb 2012 and you can look back at the previous years

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LFPG/2012/2/10/MonthlyHistory.html

Re the ET - it's very easy to get to from DLP and takes around an hour.

You take the RER at the station to Charles de Gaulle - Etoile and then change onto Metro line n° 6. Go 3 stops to Trocadéro and walk across the esplanade and across the river to get great photos.

Coming back you can get on line 6 at Bir Hakeim and you cross the Seine above ground so you can se the ET on your right hand side - It's 5 stops from here to Charles de Gaulle - Etoile where you change back to the RER direction Marne la Vallée- Chessy and stay on until the terminal which brings you to the gates of DLP :goodvibes

A day ticket - Mobilis zones 1-5 costs 15,20€ for an adult and you can use it on all RER, Metro and buses

:scared1: YIKES -18!!!

Glad I got to aldi first thing last Sunday morning so, bought us all ski gear :thumbsup2, cheap as chips too :cool1:

Although I think we'll be having coffees around the SL fireplace if it gets THAT cold again ........ Brrrrrrrrrrrr

We were there in those freezing temps last year, and so long as you are wrapped up, it is very manageable. Some rides are closed due the frozen water, like dumbo, but the park looks beautiful frozen!

In contrast, we were there in feb the year before, and didn't need coats during the daytime! So it's very unpredictable.

We are going again next year, and I have bought ski clothes just in case!

We were there in those freezing temps last year, and so long as you are wrapped up, it is very manageable. Some rides are closed due the frozen water, like dumbo, but the park looks beautiful frozen!

In contrast, we were there in feb the year before, and didn't need coats during the daytime! So it's very unpredictable.

We are going again next year, and I have bought ski clothes just in case!

A bit like our unpredictable Irish weather so :rolleyes: we were in dlp during the snow & ice in December 2010, that was very hard. The walkways were a nightmare to negotiate with a wheelchair and there were puddles everywhere. They had (very surprisingly) heaped the snow up in the special access areas for the parades and generally both parks were like obstacle courses.

I reckon once we survived that then every other weather condition is a piece of cake :lmao:

Had a few February trips always need to wrap up warm, but usually bright and sunny! Going again this year and am also considering Paris.:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter