DLH - Room Decorations and Christmas Tree - Updated with pictures of what we received

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Mickey&JoshNut, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Mickey&JoshNut

Mickey&JoshNut <font color=purple>It's not nice to distract the c

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel for Christmas this year and I decided to surprise to my Mom and I ordered from Disney the room decorations package as well as the Christmas Tree . I was wondering if anyone has already had this done this year (or even last year) that is willing to share pictures - I'm so excited to see what we can expect.

Before anyone says you are crazy for spending the money or you could have done it cheaper yourself...yes, I know but what fun is that???? I can't wait to see my Mom's face when I get her to open the door to our room (they told me that they would not release the room until it was decorated). I am already working on the "Mom, the room will probably not be ready when we check in because it's Christmas time so we should plan to head to the parks".

I can't wait...I'm so excited to be celebrating Christmas in Disneyland!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KiwiMouseGirl

KiwiMouseGirl Mouseketeer

I also would be keen on seeing this!!

4. craftymama71

craftymama71 Mouseketeer

Me too. We are tossing up between WDW and DL next December . I didn't even know getting your room decorated was an option.

5. Mickey&JoshNut

I can't speak for WDW but for DL it isn't cheap....the Mickey's Favorite Things In Room Celebration was $350 and Mickey's Christmas Tree Cheer 2012 was $200.

6. mo3bys

mo3bys Mouseketeer

*Bump :santa:

Curious if anyone has any pictures of the in room tree yet :)

7. Mickey&JoshNut

I guess I am the only crazy one getting the room decorations and Christmas tree.....I will be sure to post pictures once we get back of our room and tree for those that might be interested.

8. DharmaLou

DharmaLou Once a Princess, Always a Princess

I don't think you're crazy, what a fun way to celebrate! Just out of our budget!

9. Mickey&JoshNut

Thanks DharmaLou for saying I am not crazy....there is only my Mom and I and we don't normally exchange gifts. I normally would not consider spending this amount of money on decorating the room & stuff but my mom was recently diagnosed with macular degeneration and is slowly losing her sight so I wanted to make this Christmas extra special...

10. AZwldcats

AZwldcats Mouseketeer

11. Mickey&JoshNut

That's from the information Disney sends to you. I was hoping to actually see pictures of the finished product to see what it looks like in the room.

12. StyledSugar

StyledSugar Love The Mouse

I'm totally jealous! I'd love to do that but we figured since we were already spending a small fortune staying 8 nights at the PPH over Christmas. While we wanted to do one of the in room celebrations, we decided it was too much. Can't wait to see your pictures!! Hope you have a fantastic vacation! :santa:

13. Mickey&JoshNut

OMG...I just had to report back that the Christmas Room Decoration package, plus the Christmas Tree was amazing...our room wasn't ready until close to 6 pm but I knew that beforehand. I wanted to surprise my Mom with the room decorations and tree, as well as gifts from "Santa" and it could not have been better.

We arrived at 2:30 pm and since I did not want to spoil the surprise I made my Mom wait on one of the tea cup sofas in the lobby of the DLH while I went to check in. I was not surprised when the CM advised our room was not ready and I advised I was aware that the room would not be released until it was decorated - he explained that they had a few rooms still to decorate and mine was one of them. I explained to my Mom that the room was not ready because of the holidays and that we should just head to the parks for a few hours. We went to DCA to see CarsLand and headed back to the Disneyland Hotel around 6:00 pm.

I went back to the check-in desk and was given the keys to our room. I was pleased to get a room in the Fantasy Tower (our favourite). Our room was near the elevator and I could see something hanging on the door as we walked to our room. When I stopped in front of our door, I turned to my Mom and said "Merry Christmas" and opened the door to the most amazing sight....there were snowflakes all on the floor and the tree was set up at the window. It was gorgeous. There were six lighted lumieres in the room that provided just enough light to see the amazing decorations...on the counter under the TV was the Santa cup & cookie dish, a box of shortbread cookies and a Disney Christmas storybook. On the table between the beds was a snowman shaped box of Ghiradelli's peppermint bark. On the one bed was the gifts from the room decorating package - a Christmas blanket, Santa Mickey plush, and a 3 tiered box that had all the small presents that were included in the package and on other bed were the two *presents* I ordered. The Christmas Tree with it's Disney ornaments was a definite hit...I was a little apprehensive about spending $200 on a Christmas Tree but we priced out the ornaments (all are available in the parks) and the retail value of the ornaments was $180. I also priced out the items we got with the room decorating package (which was $350) and of the items I could price it totalled over $250.

With the presents I ordered, the total was just over $700 and I would say it was money well spent...my Mom told everyone in the parks about her gorgeous Christmas tree and that I had the room decorated for her.

Disney even provided a box to ship the tree home but we were able to pack it in our suitcase (minus the ornaments, which I packed in my carry on bag) and I was able to re-create our tree at home.

...edited...I tried to add pictures, but for some reason it won't let me...but trust me, I doubt my pictures did the decorations justice...if you want to do something special for a Christmas trip to DL, I highly recommend the room decorating package and the Christmas Tree...

14. danaesacto

danaesacto DIS Veteran

I am so glad you updated! It sounds amazing, what a beautiful gift for your mom.

15. cp11

cp11 Mouseketeer

So glad you reported back. I wish I could see the pics, as it sounds amazing and brought tears to my eyes. After a year of losing three people in my life that included a 14 year old, a grandfather and coworker, I hold these types of acts very close to my heart and I think the memories are well worth the money. You are an amazing person to do this for your mother! It is so cool. :)

16. Kauai4life

Kauai4life Earning My Ears

What a beautiful thing you did for your Mom. I had tears in my eyes too.

17. jonahsmommy

jonahsmommy Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for sharing, what an amazing gift you gave your Mom, a Christmas she will never forget. :goodvibes

18. DisSarahK

DisSarahK Missing Mickey...

Ohhhhh, it sounds *so* pretty!!

19. Mickey&JoshNut

I finally figured out how to post the pictures (yippee!!!!)

Here is our entry door

[​IMG]

Here are the snowflakes on the carpet that we saw when we entered the room

[​IMG]

Here is the Christmas Tree (on top of the box they give you to ship it home) and park of the room decorating package on the bed.

[​IMG]

The room decorating package items on on the left bed and the presents/gifts I ordered are on the right bed (love the lighted headboard - it was on when we entered the room)

[​IMG]

Here is the Santa Mickey Cookie dish, cookies, and Christmas storybook

[​IMG]

Also there were six lighted lumieres (sp?) around the room that gave just the right amount of light when we entered. You can see one of the lights on the floor near the tree box.

I felt that what I got was worth the money I spent. I know it's not for everyone, but it made our Christmas trip that much more special.

20. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I love this.....the tears in my eyes leaked out while reading your report! I think money is just money.....you can not put a price on an experience such as this! Do you have a close up of the tree? We stayed at WDW Port Orleans Riverside last month and I made ornaments to put on a tree that I ordered from Walmart dot com (had it delivered to our resort before we arrived). I must admit it would be nice to have my room all done for me! Hubby and I are looking to go to Disneyland in Dec 2013 so I'm trying to plan that trip right now.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

21. DharmaLou

DharmaLou Once a Princess, Always a Princess

totally beautiful and money well spent!