DLH and other DLR ???s

disneyluvbug

Going to Disneyland and I can't wait!!!
Hello...we are going for our annual 5day trip in a few weeks.This is the first time in YEARS we are staying at DLH..we normally stay at the GCH(past 5years), but decided to try something different..I am now second guessing it.. I thought the monorail would be great to access if we needed it..Is it really helpfull? How far is the walk? I feel lost not staying at the GCH...I have all the meals reserved for us..we are doing Goofys kitchen twice, storytller,c arantaion cafe, ariel., blue bayou, rain forrest, and more.. what else should we do? I was not happy with the minis breakfast last year, it was at the Plaza place, we were freezing in the corner and half the critters didn't even make it over.. Is the wait for Nemo long? we were there last March and werent able to make it back due to our house being done and us moving in.. I am so excited.. ha I am now just blabbling...anyhting else new that is a must to do?

The walk from DLH to the front gates is just walking through Downtown Disney, so it's not bad at all. The monorail people have mixed opinions on. I believe that if you plan on being there at park opening (which I strongly recommend) you should take the short stroll through DTD. When using the monorail for park entrance in the morning you can never be sure on when (in relation to the guests at the main entrance) you will be getting into the park. The guests at the main entrance will probably be allowed in sooner. However after a long day of walking the monorail is probably a very good way of returning to your room.

Nemo's line is interesting. It seems to be the longest (60+ min) from about 10min after park opening to mid-afternoon. Then the line seems to die off to about 20-30 min around evening. That's based upon numerouse reports here on the DIS. When I went in August, it was very new and the large crowds led to long lines all day. Best time to ride Nemo: during parades/fireworks OR late evening/park closing.

Thank u!! I had no clue Nemo was sooo popular..ha should have guessed!!! Yes we plan on being there at park opening daily (except for Wed our arrival day) I will plan on getting on Nemo that day..we will take the monorail over to the park since it is in the afternoon.. I really like the opening ceromy at the park.. Thanks again!!

Nemo has long lines because of:
a) It's less than a year old
b) It has a very low capacity
c) It's a ride that the whole family can ride (and a theme that caters to families w/ kids)
d) It has a very low capacity

Opening ceremony? I don't think there's a real big opening ceremony at DL like at MK or AK at WDW. Or at least there wasn't one back in August. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter