DL with first timers?

katiekins

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have been to Disneyland quite a few times, but on our upcoming trip we are traveling with a first timer and someone who hasn't been there in about 20 years. When we have gone in the past, it's always been just the two of us, and this time we'll be with a group of about 8. We're planning on a character breakfast for some of us, and basically want to hang back and let the people who haven't been before decide what they want to do.

My questions are: What shouldn't we miss for the first timer? I love the wishing well by the castle, so I want to stop by there. Any other "experiences?"

Is there anything I should remember about traveling with a big group? I'm really flexible about planning and letting everyone decide for themselves what they want to see/do. At the same time it will be weird (but fun!) with 8 as opposed to 2.

My husband and I are just going for one day, and doing DL only. The first timer will be there all weekend. Also, I'm not leaving without watching the fireworks! And now I'm rambling.....

Hi. I hope I can be of some help, I recently took a first a timer and someone who hadn't been for several years and there was lots for them to see. I would say don't miss the Aladdin musical in California Adventure park, my first timers both said it was their favorite attraction at the park (they liked it better than fantasmic). They also enjoyed seeing the little movie theatre on mainstreet that plays the old mickey cartoons.

For large groups it can be tough to organize to make sure everyone is doing something that everyone likes. I guess don't be afraid to split up, make rendevous times to group together for things like meals and to see the shows. Tours are great for groups, it's a way to interact as a group and you get little freebies with each tour and you learn cool stuff about disneyland.

If you're only going to be there for one day and leaving the first timers on the weekend it would be a good idea to prep them for weekend crowds and teach them how to use fastpasses.

I would recommend trying a mix of old and new attractions, like the Finding Nemo Subs, Pirates of the Caribbean, for example.

Have fun!

My parents went last year for the 1st time in 15 years and they could NOT stop talking about "Soaring Over California" at DCA. Don't miss it!!!!

My husband and I have been to Disneyland quite a few times, but on our upcoming trip we are traveling with a first timer and someone who hasn't been there in about 20 years. When we have gone in the past, it's always been just the two of us, and this time we'll be with a group of about 8. We're planning on a character breakfast for some of us, and basically want to hang back and let the people who haven't been before decide what they want to do.

My questions are: What shouldn't we miss for the first timer? I love the wishing well by the castle, so I want to stop by there. Any other "experiences?"

Is there anything I should remember about traveling with a big group? I'm really flexible about planning and letting everyone decide for themselves what they want to see/do. At the same time it will be weird (but fun!) with 8 as opposed to 2.

My husband and I are just going for one day, and doing DL only. The first timer will be there all weekend. Also, I'm not leaving without watching the fireworks! And now I'm rambling.....

The Tiki Room! I love love love the Tiki Room and its classic Disney at its best!

Well I would definately think to check out Winnie the Pooh as it replaced the country bear jamboree, the pirates ride will be a bit different too, the fire works as they will be a different show then what they had watched before, Fantasmic is always a good show, Soarin over Cali, 3D its touch to be a bug, the Aladdin Musical, the whole DCA park basically.

Well I would definately think to check out Winnie the Pooh as it replaced the country bear jamboree, the pirates ride will be a bit different too, the fire works as they will be a different show then what they had watched before, Fantasmic is always a good show, Soarin over Cali, 3D its touch to be a bug, the Aladdin Musical, the whole DCA park basically.

DH and I go on Pooh everytime we go to Disneyland. Most times we go more than once. We have friends in California and when we all went in July the line was so short that they let us stay on 4 times in a row and the only reason we got off was cuz we all had to pee.. lol... Its a cute ride! Keep your eyes open for the moose heads on the high wall towards the ceiling. I believe its when you come out of the neon dream room doorway. pooh: :tigger: :eeyore:

DH and I go on Pooh everytime we go to Disneyland. Most times we go more than once. We have friends in California and when we all went in July the line was so short that they let us stay on 4 times in a row and the only reason we got off was cuz we all had to pee.. lol... Its a cute ride! Keep your eyes open for the moose heads on the high wall towards the ceiling. I believe its when you come out of the neon dream room doorway. pooh: :tigger: :eeyore:

Thanks for the pooh ride tip. I have yet to notice it. I love that ride too and the ride times are so minimal. Fine by me, thats one of my favorite dark rides ever.

Thanks for the pooh ride tip. I have yet to notice it. I love that ride too and the ride times are so minimal. Fine by me, thats one of my favorite dark rides ever.

Ditto! Also its near the Pooh's Bakery which has AMAZINGLY FABULOUS cookies!!! OMG!

Thanks for the advice, everyone! Now I'm more excited to go, if that's even possible! I love the Winnie The Pooh ride and the Tiki Room!

Thanks for the advice, everyone! Now I'm more excited to go, if that's even possible! I love the Winnie The Pooh ride and the Tiki Room!

Don't forget to sing along in the Tiki Room!!! I always do... Embarasses the hell out of my DH but he ends up singing with me... :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter