DL Half Marathon - What's UP?

kittysmommy

Will work for Disneyland vacations!
I have been counting down until I get registered for next year's half marathon. I had a blast this year, and need this to keep me running. Anyway, they had this message posted today:

The opening of registration for the 2007 Disneyland® Half Marathon has been postponed until January 8, 2007. The date of the race has also changed to Monday, September 3, 2007 - Labor Day.

I just wonder what's up. They had advertised registration for today for months. I can't think why they would suddenly change it as well as the date of the race (from Sunday to Monday).

Any guesses???

I would guess that the delay in registration is partially because they need to re-program some of the registration process because of the new date...though I wouldn't think it would require delaying for two months!

I find it very strange that they have changed the date to Monday. Does that mean they have moved the 5K and the Kid's races to Sunday? I still can't believe that they are doing the race that weekend...the parks are crowded enough already, and besides, it's the "last weekend of summer" for so many people who may have other plans! I know I'm not planning to do it next year because of when it is - I already have something else I do on Labor Day weekend.

I love the date because I can actually go that weekend! Soccer and football games won't start till the following week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter