DIY Invites

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by mmmsarah3, Jul 31, 2007.

1. mmmsarah3

mmmsarah3 Mouseketeer

I need help!!! :scared1:

Do you have pictures of invitations that you made? I want mine to look like they are professional, but I wuold like to save some money.

Is there any good websites or something that I could go to?

Any kind of advice or pictures would be very helpful!!! TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. desiab

desiab All My Life 01-02-1999

Sarah, have you looked at the Bios on The Knot? Here is the link to the Specialty Bios. If you scroll down to the bottom there is a link for DIY pocketfolds. There are templates, resourcces, and examples.

Another resource is DIYBride. They have a download section that is really nice. You do have to register on the site to access the downloads.

4. misscmac

misscmac Mouseketeer

Ohh I am looking to do the same. I want to make them but do not want them to come out terrible looking! I was thinking I wanted to make something like this:
    http://www.formal-invitations.com/flourish-invitation-230.jpg
    with the vellum (spelling?) paper, but using a different background paper and ribbon depending on what my color scheme is. :confused:

Did anyone out there try and make this style, or any others?

5. kim91498

kim91498 Earning My Ears

I had spent lots on my invites fro my at home reception, so for our disney wedding I just went to party city and printed my own invites and at the top I made my own mickey head with swarovski crystals. They are plain but I love them!
    [​IMG]

6. dee slack

dee slack DIS Veteran

Kimberley, I love your crystal Mickey - it's 'Disney' but so elegant :thumbsup2

7. calanniebu

calanniebu <font color=red>... you're never to old to love a

I made my invites ... I'm trying to find a couple of pictures for you.

You can also check out Paper Source

8. misscmac

misscmac Mouseketeer

I love them...simple and elegant :goodvibes

9. Dremwvr

Dremwvr Mouseketeer

I have been working on my invitations quite a bit for about 3 weeks now (several trial and errors.) I made 4 different invitations before I found what I really wanted. I was looking for - giving lots of information, simple, elegant, with touches of Disney. Nothing I found online I liked or wasn't my theme. Once I found what I wanted, my house became a invitation factory. I am so glad to say I am DONE, and proud! Here is what I did.

Envelope
    [​IMG]
    Personalized Stamp (that is Disneyland castle in the picture)
    [​IMG]
    Back Of envelope and seal
    [​IMG]
    When opening the envelope this is what my guests see next
    [​IMG]
    Top Overview
    [​IMG]
    Close up of front page
    [​IMG]
    Insert Cards listed from smallest to largest)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you all enjoy my invitations as much as I do!

10. mmmsarah3

mmmsarah3 Mouseketeer

Those are gorgeous! They look really elegant!

I do enjoy your invitations! They are really nice! WHere did you get the supplies for them?

11. Funniebunny

Funniebunny <font color=6666cc>She can't always be on holiday,

Hi, I made my invitations last weekend. I only had to make 6 so it wasn't a huge job. As we are using pink roses I decided to go with that as our theme. I made the cards and then put a smaller card inside with all the details on it in Disney type face.
    Here's a pic of the front:

[​IMG]

12. Disneygirl0259

Disneygirl0259 Mouseketeer

Your pictures look so nice!!!!

andyou did them yourself!!!!!

Where did you get all of yourr supplies?

I was thinking of makig my own because all the disney invitations I have found are too expensive!!!!!!!

13. Dremwvr

Dremwvr Mouseketeer

Thanks girls! I am so proud of them. All the white paper is just white card stock from your local craft store, as well as the envelopes just normal from craft store. The personalized stamps came from Zazzle.com. (they are actual postage) and you can put your name date whatever you want on the stamp. The pockets came from www.cardsandpocketsstore.com/

Instructions for making these. Buy the pocket you want. Print the front page. Mat it on a different color card stock. Print inserts allowing about 1/4 of an inch for a title space. Then I took a black marker around each insert card I felt it gave a more finished look. I make stickers of the mickey head. I have a sticker maker (i love scrapbooking) but if you dont, you can just cheetah it on and it will stick then on the outter mickey head I wrote our intials and date. You can print it on, but since I was using black I don't have a printer that allows me to print on black.

If you have any questions Let me know I am more than willing to assist!

14. mmmsarah3

mmmsarah3 Mouseketeer

yes! I have many more questions. I don't think that I am too crafty, so I feel like I could never have invitations that look like yours. How do you print them? Do you just do it on your own computer? WHat fonts did you use? Is there special ink that I need? Ok there are just a few questions... I will probably think of some more.

15. Disneygirl0259

Disneygirl0259 Mouseketeer

Ahh thank you so much for all your help!

16. CutieBugNY

CutieBugNY CutieBugNY

Here are the invites I'm planning on making This is the sample one I have made. Total cost with all the stamps is less then $4 per invite.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

our reply card
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Reply card for Welcome Party
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Good luck with your invites!!

17. mmmsarah3

mmmsarah3 Mouseketeer

Those are beautiful! Everyone is just so creative and I stink!

I know those are your samples, but did you notice that the reply card for your welcome party says 2012?

18. Dremwvr

Dremwvr Mouseketeer

I definitly think you can do it! All I can really recommend is get a idea of what you want in your head and just work on it. When you get stuck post here we are crafty, and might have a way around your road block.

I just used word and made two columns and put the same information in both columns. Set the paper layout to landscape and pushed print.

Since I printed with black ink, no there was no special ink. It depends on what color you want to print and one what color paper. you can print any color as long as you are printing on a lighter colored paper, and still use normal inks.

Everything was done on my own computer. The image of the castle was a clip art the girls on the Dis creative board made for me.

Most of the font was in Copperplate Gothic light. The script I dont really remember, just something that was pretty cursve-y.

What colors are you thinking of doing? How many invites? Now that mine are done and I have lots of experience, I can help you if you would like.

19. BrideToBe82

BrideToBe82 Mouseketeer

Here are my DIY invitations...
    [​IMG]

20. desiab

desiab All My Life 01-02-1999

Those are the exact invites I used for my niece's wedding. I found them on clearance at a party supply store locally, but I couldn't find the overlays, so this is what I did with them. I really like the way yours look with the overlay.

[​IMG]
    Inside

[​IMG]
    Outside

[​IMG]
    The extra invites I turned into thank you cards. The envelopes I tore open and used an envelope template to make them smaller.

21. BrideToBe82

BrideToBe82 Mouseketeer

Very cute desiab! I love what you did with them! Very creative!