Dive Quest

MichaelH

DIS Veteran/Disney Fan
I am going to do this finally this September. I was wondering if you get paired up with someone, so that you have a dive buddy or does it matter if you have one?

I keep my Certification card in my wallet, but what else do you need to bring? I have not actually got to dive all that much since I was certified in '92.

When do I need to book it and are weekends better that weekdays? I have a three year old son and a daughter that will be 11 months. I am wanting to supprise him.

Any advice or tips appreciated.

You don't need to bring anything other than your C-Card. In fact, they won't let you use any of your own equipment, other than a mask, I believe. Oh, but if you bring a log book, they will stamp it. I don't remember being paired with a buddy. I had my DH anyway, but I don't even remember it being mentioned. We just kind of did a 'group' thing. They do keep the groups very small, so I really don't think it matters. You'll have a great time!!

They will pair you up with someone if you don't bring a "built-in" buddy (i.e. spouse). They will stamp your log book and write really "cool" things in it if the class isn't too big. It's a GREAT experience and I do it each time I go to WDW - while it's fun to dive in the tank, it's greater fun to interact with the guests on the other side.

You'll have a FABULOUS TIME - don't forget to tell us about your experience when you get back!

I did it back in '00 and was paired up with someone. I was able to wear my dive computer/watch too. Other than that, just bring your log book and c card. If anyone is traveling with you, tell them to be at the tank watching. I had a video made (very worthwhile) and got my parents in on it. I look back on it all the time now since I lost my mom 2 years ago. Brings back a lot of memories. It is a blast-especially interacting with the people. The kids really get a kick out of seeing someone in the tank. Also, have fun with the Diners at the restaurant. Too bad they got rid of the "ride" as I used to wave to them as they went by. I also got to go up into the bubble where they broadcast from sometimes (Full House did something there once). Check out the sharks too-when I was there I got pretty close to them(another great moment on video). Have a great time!

alison

Thanks for the replies. I cannot wait to do this. I have talked about it for sometime and I am finally going to do it.

Does it matter which day you pick or is any day ok? Should I go ahead and book it? We are going in September and I am not sure how far in advance to book it. Does this fill up fast?

Thanks again.

You don't usually have to book too far in advance. We'll be down there in a few weeks, and I called to get DH in for March 31 around mid January. Both dive sessions were available, so I got him in the earlier (4:30) dive. Your family will have fun watching you in the tank (let them know you won't go into the tank until about 45 minutes after your dive quest time starts, so they don't have to just stand around waiting). DH will be doing this for the fourth time, he really enjoys it. He gets paired with a dvie buddy, and also does some swimming on his own, especially to find us. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter