distance from resorts to parks

lizzie84

Earning My Ears
Hi there. We're staying at the ASSports in September and we will have our car. We're planning on driving to all parks & downtown disney. We've never stayed at the AS resorts before and we were wondering if anyone knows what the drive time is between the ASSports and the parks/downtown disney. I'm hoping it's not too long of a drive. Thanks!

I find driving to the parks much more of a hassle then using Disney transportation. Why not just bus it!!!

Renee

I've never stayed at any AS but we always drive and nothing on the WDW property seems very far.

Depending on where you are going, I find driving much quicker and more convenient.

For an example, going from the Contemporary to DTD is about 10 minutes. Very quick.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

MK - for sure you want to take the bus there - if you take your car, you have to park at the TTC and then take the monorail or ferryboat to the MK entrance

Disney Transport Link:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwguide/5_Primer/wdw_transportation/wdw_transportation.htm

Disney Transport Time Link:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/distance.html

I would say if you are keen on driving and parking and not a hastle to you etc. then generally drive everywhere but the MK - the times will generally be shorter than the link above - to drive to the MK takes longer

Thanks
jaysue

You should be able to get to most of your destinations within 10 to 15 minutes, however, you can count on adding at least that much additional time getting from the parking lots to the park entrances! (Considerably longer for the MK as you have to park at the TTC and take the monorail or ferry to the front gate.)

Hi Lizzie84 - Lizzie64 here.

We just got back. I have never stayed at any of the All Stars, but have always rented a car and driven to all the parks, with the exception of 4 nights this last trip when we stayed at the Poly and monorailed or boated to MK and Epcot.

Driving to any of the parks is about a 10 - 15 minute drive depending on which park and which resort. Nothing is more than 20 minutes away.

As for Disney Transportation, if you have small children, I wouldn't recommend it. You have to collapse your strollers and take all your packages out. This is why we always drove.. We found it too much of a pain to take the babies out of their strollers and all of the bags and stuff out of the strollers to board the bus. It was much easier to wheel them to the car and unpack there.

If you don't have kids, then definitely give the buses a shot.

I wouldn't have it any other way than to drive. I don't like being strapped to a schedule and you get enough of that with the show/parade times and the queues at the parks.

I find it much easier to drive, and I agree with a couple of other posters, that nothing should be more than 10-20 minutes away. Yes...you might add some time on to get from the parking lots via the trams, but the trams were running at fairly regular intervals and we never had that long of a wait for them. Now maybe it has something to do with the fact that we are usually down there in the Nov/Dec timeframe, but I'd still drive even if we went at a busier time.

Brian

Travel times to the theme park toll plaza should be about as follows:

MK/TTC - 10 minutes
Epcot - 8 minutes
Studios - 8 minutes
DAK - 5 minutes
DTD - 15 minutes

For the MK, you'll also need to allot time for the Ferry/Monorail. Note that if you park at the TTC, you will be held back until 8:45. Also note that the Ferry & Monorails have extremely long lines during park closes.

These times do not include waiting in line at the Toll Plaza, parking the car, or taking the tram. That in itself can add 15 minutes to your journey.

Thanks to all of you for your help!

Lizzie643 - my sister and I both have small children and really don't want the hassle of strollers/bags on the bus. Thanks so much for your reply.

Originally posted by lizzie84

Lizzie643 - my sister and I both have small children and really don't want the hassle of strollers/bags on the bus. Thanks so much for your reply.

Your welcome,

I wasn's sure if you were travelling with small kids, so, Im glad I offered up that info.

Have a great trip

Originally posted by lizzie84

Just remember... you still will need to fold strollers for the parking tram.

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
Just remember... you still will need to fold strollers for the parking tram.

You're right if you ride the tram. We always walk to our car for that same reason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter