Dissers with grown kids

Yes, but I loved the years raising them. Adult relationships with your children are different than they were when they were kids. I really enjoy the relationship I have with my grown kids.

I have a better relationship with my adult son now than I did when he was in my home-it's very different. However, I do miss having a child in my home sometimes.

Yes, but I loved the years raising them. Adult relationships with your children are different than they were when they were kids. I really enjoy the relationship I have with my grown kids.

This.

I'd say 95% of the time, I'm glad they're grown, but there is that small part of me that misses them when they were younger. There are times when I miss all the fun of raising a family, the birthday parties, holidays, family vacations, and little everyday moments. Then I realize, I've been there, done that. I'm really very happy with this stage of my life, and theirs. My husband and I have a great relationship with all three kids, and all three kids have remained close to one another, too.

I am enjoying life with grown children! And now, we have two (soon to be three) grandchildren that we love to pieces! Funny, but I have a harder time thinking of THEM growing up! Life needs to slow down, just a little!

Yes. I am still missing my sweet little "3yo who needed her mommy" and the fun times we had with her when she was little but growing up and spreading their wings is what you want for them. My only is in OR this summer spreading her wings and learning to fly. I miss her terribly and my DH was almost physically sick about it, but we're turning her over to a Higher Power and hoping this will be a growing and good experience for all of us.

I think the question, "Are you glad your kids are grown?" is a tough question to answer, really. There's so much more to it.
I remember when my exBIL was leaving my sister and he made mention that she was a terrible mother and had said to him, "I can't wait until it is just you and I again." This was when the oldest was ready to graduate from college the youngest was 13, so they were closing in.

He *thought* that was just a terrible thing for her to say. Really??? I think it is quite common. You'll miss them but the next stage of life is exciting too.

Of course, now he has very little to do with those same kids that he got upset about. *rolls eyes* But, he has a new one--his GF is 19.

Yes. my kids are more young adults so they still need me but I am very proud of the wonderful adults they are becoming.

Whenever I think I miss those baby days, I go to disney and see some parents lugging 50 lbs of extra battle gear or having to deal with some one having a major melt down and dh and I would say "thank god we don't have to do that again"

I agree - yes. She is kind, independent, smart, considerate. She is still my "baby", but I am very proud of the adult she has become.

Parenthood is the only relationship in which you actively prepare the other person to leave you.

I cannot imagine having one who would always be a child. I have nothing but respect for those parents who do.

Yes, the relationship is different now. Plus, now I have grandchildren to take to Disney.

Mine are dd21, dd20 and ds17 1/2.

Dd1 does not live at home. I miss her (and seeing my dgd!) but we know we can only spend so much time together before we get on each other's nerves.

Dd2 lives at home; she's working and saving to get her own place with a friend (hopefully next year she says).

Ds will be home until he goes away to college, or will live home if he ends up at the local CC.

My answer is yes! I believe that is our job as parents, to raise them smart and strong so they can face the real world on their own.

Yes! My youngest just graduated from hs & will be going away to college in the fall. I'm a widow and am looking forward to some free time. It's been very rewarding raising my 3 & I enjoy the relationships we now have as adults.

Yes. I miss some of the things that were so special when she was little, but she is an amazing adult and I enjoy spending as much time with her as possible.

Every stage of a child's life brings new and memorable experiences. I can't wait to experience the next twenty years with her.

Simple question: are you glad your kids are grown?

It's a 'yes & no' answer ;) I've always been a SAHM and absolutely loved everything about it - infancy, toddlers, school age, most of the teen years - just dealt with issues as they came up, and cried when each one sprouted wings and left home ::yes::

All three are productive citizens now, and we have 4 lovely grands, the oldest (only girl) a senior next year (my baby ;)).

OK, with that said, DH has been retired a few years, and he & I are thoroughly enjoying our time and travels together - no schedules.

Will always, to a degree, miss having a baby in the house, but they do grow up! LOL

Yes and No. Our sons are 27 and 29 now and the 27 year old just got married. I miss the years when they were really young (although at the time I didn't appreciate it). Our friends are becoming grandparents and we're nowhere near it. Empty nest is great for a lot of reasons, but I miss how they needed us when they were younger. Our job however is to raise responsible adults, which we have done very well. We haven't had one living at home full time for 4 years now and even that was only for 6 months, prior to that we'd had 3 years of empty nest, except for part of each summer.

Yes! I loved our homeschooling yrs--12yrs total. DS26 was a real handful, as is Christian. Now they're out of the house and DD20 is living at home, going to college. I expect she'll be out in another 18 month's or so.

I love my children dearly but its so nice to be a couple again.

Yes! I don't have what it takes it today's world to do it over again. Just want to ease on out of here in peace. :lmao:

I loved raising my sons; cried a ton when each sprouted wings and left but thoroughly enjoy them now via phone calls and/or visits. And with one married and the other two engaged I also totally enjoy my "daughters". :goodvibes

Having said this.....I REALLY would LOVE a grand baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter