Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are back from our wonderful stay at the Beach Club. I spotted Teena twice in the lobby on what I think was her last day, but she was always surrounded by admirers (and opening a gift!), so I didn't intrude. I hope things are going well for you with your move, Teena!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread for your great advice and information!:flower1:

Dawn at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

From Disney Parks Blog:
Good morning, Disney Parks fans.

Today’s lovely morning shot was snapped right in between two resorts – Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – with a lovely view of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn just across Crescent Lake.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/02/dawn-at-disneys-yacht-resorts/

Nice picture!!! I enjoyed seeing it on a snowy day.

Thanks for sharing the link.

:thumbsup2

We are back from our wonderful stay at the Beach Club. I spotted Teena twice in the lobby on what I think was her last day, but she was always surrounded by admirers (and opening a gift!), so I didn't intrude. I hope things are going well for you with your move, Teena!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread for your great advice and information!:flower1:

Thanks for letting us know about your trip and for your kind words.

:goodvibes:

Could someone please post a screen grab or list of the options you have for making requests during online checkin for a *standard* room? (I.e. First floor, near elevators, etc). Thanks!!

Could someone please post a screen grab or list of the options you have for making requests during online checkin for a *standard* room? (I.e. First floor, near elevators, etc). Thanks!!

I don't have screenshots of the online checkin forms for Beach Club and Yacht Club rooms, but these are the options reported:

60 Day Online Checkin/My Disney Experience Confirm arrival and departure times

Pick PIN numbers to use for park and resort purchases

There is also an option of clicking a box which said they would possibly allow early entry to a room prior to 3 but it might override room requests.

Request for a day bed does not appear to be an option you can request through on-line checkin.

Beach Club 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options as of Feb 2015- Choose up to 2*:

Large Balcony
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Ground Floor
Near Elevator

*Once you complete online checkin, there is a link where you can modify options. It will not let you delete the ones already made, but you can add more.

There is still an option to indicate you would prefer to have a room that is ready as soon as possible over any requests you made.

Yacht Club 60 Day Check In:
Room Request Options as of Feb 2015- Choose up to 3:
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Ground Floor
Near Elevator

I don't have screenshots of the online checkin forms for Beach Club and Yacht Club rooms, but these are the options reported:

When I figure out how to get a screenshot of the Beach Club online check in options then I'll post it. Right now all I can get is a whole lot of background which includes some personal stuff. ;) But the options that you have listed are still the same ones as they were in Feb 2015, so you can change the year on your list if you want to.

When I figure out how to get a screenshot of the Beach Club online check in options then I'll post it. Right now all I can get is a whole lot of background which includes some personal stuff. ;) But the options that you have listed are still the same ones as they were in Feb 2015, so you can change the year on your list if you want to.

Thanks for the confirmation.

When I was updating the online check-in info on Post 13 (FAQ), I also scrolled past and updated the "What is the best way to get a case of water post?" adding that the Beach Club Marketplace carries a case of water for $6.39.

I also have info about the Hess station near the Boardwalk. I believe the name has changed but I can't remember what it is. Anyone know?

When I was updating the online check-in info on Post 13 (FAQ), I also scrolled past and updated the "What is the best way to get a case of water post?" adding that the Beach Club Marketplace carries a case of water for $6.39.

I also have info about the Hess station near the Boardwalk. I believe the name has changed but I can't remember what it is. Anyone know?

I believe it is now Speedway. :)

Can anyone tell me approximately how long the bus ride is from BC to Disney Springs? Also, if taxi is a better option and what the approximately cost is, AND how you go about getting a taxi at BC and then again at DS?

I don't have first hand experience with the Princess Half Marathon but have run the January half marathon for several years. The race starts at 5:30 with multiple waves going off in 3 to 5 minute increments from the first wave. Assume the last wave goes off at 6:20 AM. The last runner in that wave will most likely clear MK just around 8:00 AM. How I calculate that is the last runner crosses the start line at 6:25, must maintain a 16 minute mile pace, so that would mean a max of 1 hour 36 minutes to reach the mile 6 marker which is in Frontierland of MK. From there, they exit the park out the back down towards the GF

As far as your transportation options, that's really your choice but both Disney busss and taxi will have to follow the same route to MK. If you catch a bus at BC to MK around 7:15, the roads should be opening up as you make your way down world drive. Even if there were runners out there, they still have lanes of traffic open to MK.

Good luck!

The first corral of the half marathon starts at 5:30am, so the last corral will start about an hour later (so, let's say 6:30-6:35am). Runners are required to maintain a 16 min/mile pace or they will be swept, and they exit MK just after mile 6, so the last runners should leave MK at about 8:10-8:15am.

Unfortunately, I am no help on the bus system for early morning ADRs.

page 386-388

:welcome:

Great questions, and I hope you get a few responses with helpful info.

I suspect a bus will be the best way to get around, since they will be well aware of the road closures and approved routes. I don't know if they will have more/less or the same number of early morning buses as they do on a regular day.

If you do take a taxi, please remember that taxis can only drop you off at the TTC or the Contemporary resort, so factor in some additional time to get from those points to the MK gates. The buses from the resorts will drop you directly at the MK gates.

:car:

We were at the MK on marathon weekend, just last month, and traffic around the area was a mess. We were staying at the WL, so we were able to pass it all up by taking the boat, but we could see long lines of traffic on the road to MK. It was just stopped dead at times. We arrived at MK just after 9 am, long after the runners were gone and even at that hour the MK was an absolute ghost town. No one could get there. We finally saw the crowds after 10:30am. It took a while for everyone to make it in the gates.

I would seriously consider canceling that reservation. You will be hitting the MK at the same time that the runners are going through. Unless you can get there super early, like 7am, I wouldn't even try it. The traffic will be a nightmare at that time. :(

Thanks everyone for the information and advice!! I know this is more detailed information than I'd be able to find out at check in, so it will help us make a decision!

It isn't a very clear picture and I have the large balcony option checked, but here is the screen shot of the Beach Club online check in options page.

BC20options201_zpswqxwblaf.jpg

Can anyone tell me approximately how long the bus ride is from BC to Disney Springs? Also, if taxi is a better option and what the approximately cost is, AND how you go about getting a taxi at BC and then again at DS?

I don't know if this is helpful or not. We've used uber or a cab the last several trips we took to DTD. The cab from BC was $15, if I'm remembering correctly, with tip. Uber from AK was about $10, but I don't know the difference in distance from DTD to those two resorts, so that might not be incredibly helpful. We'll usually take the bus back to the resort, but getting there always seems to take eons. Cab or uber is definitely worth it.

They will call a cab for you at the front of the resort. To get a cab back, you walk back to where they dropped you off. Unless you're a contestant on the Amazing Race, there will be cabs waiting.

I don't know if this is helpful or not. We've used uber or a cab the last several trips we took to DTD. The cab from BC was $15, if I'm remembering correctly, with tip. Uber from AK was about $10, but I don't know the difference in distance from DTD to those two resorts, so that might not be incredibly helpful. We'll usually take the bus back to the resort, but getting there always seems to take eons. Cab or uber is definitely worth it.

They will call a cab for you at the front of the resort. To get a cab back, you walk back to wherLovee they dropped you off. Unless you're a contestant on the Amazing Race, there will be cabs waiting.
Your Amazing Race reference is both funny and true! :laughing:

We like to use taxis occasionally while at Disney, too. When we walk out of the resort we tell the bell guys we want a taxi. Usually either there is a taxi right there, or they will wave at one to drive up. Very handy!

Single digit days until BC!!! So excited I can hardly stand it.

And I totally almost ruined the club level surprise this weekend! DH was packing for Disney since he is out of town this week and asked me if there was a coffee shop at BC. I said "we didn't need a coffee shop, they have a coffee machine in that room. It might even be a cappicino machine? I'll go look at pictures." He looked at like I was crazy. Luckily I didn't say lounge (couldn't think of the word) so I played it off as saying they had those coffee machines that take pods in the rooms. And hopefully they have flavored coffee so I can have a cup too! And then said, I'm sure the marketplace has coffee or we could get coffee in the park! So I think he still doesn't know, crossing fingers anyways!

We need to hurry up and get there so I don't have to keep it a secret any more!

Also, regarding Stormalong Bay slide: I've read you can't wait by the end to meet your kids, but I've read conflicting info about whether kids are allowed to wear life vests. What's been your experience regarding this? My youngest DS loved the slide at GF and CR, but he's not a thrill seeker. Is stormalong bay much faster and intense compared to those slides? TIA!

A bunch us have already answered this question, but as I was updating my trip report, I came upon a few pictures that show the outlet of the slide and the pool where you can wait for your child.

DSCF9370.jpg

DSCF9371.jpg

DSCF9372.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!