Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My husband and I are staying at YC in April, and we had no idea there would be construction until I read this thread. We never received an email, and our travel agent didn't mention it. Is it throughout the entire property? I'm confused as to why we weren't notified. This is our first trip away from the kids ever (and DS will be 11, so it's way overdue). I don't want it ruined by noise.

page 793

Booked my flight down on points today. In order to get the "free" flight, we had to go down on the 17th. So, we added a day! We arrive at 8 pm on the 17th. We live so far away that the flight for the four of us one way was $1,900 (!!!!) so it made sense to pay for one more night at the resort and get the added bonus of more time at Disney. :)

I'll make the change to the list.

:woohoo:

Great! We will be there 6/30-7/3

Got it! Thanks!

:goodvibes

I'm so excited for our upcoming (and first) stay at the YC! We've been to Disney a lot since our first family trip in 2012, where we fell in love with the BC/YC after a visit to Cape May Cafe. We could never make it work financially until now, and I really can't wait!

I know my girls are going to be SO EXCITED to finally get to play at SAB. We walk past it at least once every time we go down to WDW. We'll be at the YC from 8/27-9/1 --- SO PUMPED to be catching the first night of Food & Wine!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:cool1:

Also wanted to add, I will be DEVASTATED if this gondola thing happens.....the BC and the entire Boardwalk/IG area are my true happy place, namely for the beautiful, peaceful tranquility, the atmosphere, the landscaping, the piped in music, everything. I just LOVE being there. So much so, that I have been there three times already this year for my own peace of mind! To think that could change will make me very, very sad. I realize that sounds completely crazy, but it's true. This is the only place I would ever admit that, by the way, I know you all get it :)

You're in a safe place here :grouphug: :thumbsup2

Online Check-in Options (Currently) (I can't keep up with the changes) (Are they going to add tub/no tub to the YC check-in options???)

The YC & BC online check-in room request options have been changed again. They are now listed as:

Near transportation, ground floor, lower floor, large balcony (BC), near lobby, near elevator, upper floor

You may select up to two options, per room.

At BC, wouldn't "near transportation" and "near lobby" be one and the same? So you can't request a daybed or full balcony?

Ground floor is pretty self explanatory, but what do "upper" and "lower" get you? 5 is all CL at Yacht, so that's off the table. Is upper floor 3/4 or just 4? Is lower 2/3 or just 2??

Also the near transportation is equally vague, as there is boat or bus. I suppose that could put you by either one...

This is the main reason I have never used the options available during Online Check In. They have never really made much sense to me.

When I requested "lower floor," thinking that would place my room on the 2nd or 3rd floor, the room assigned was on the ground floor. The CM told me that they complied with my request for "lower floor." :rolleyes1

So I heard about the new check-in requests here. Thanks so much for the info. I am leaving in less than 2 weeks. I tried to update it (via my computer). I select my new requests, hit the check mark at the very bottom of the page and hit save. When I go back in it has my old requests. Anyone else have that issue? Is it because I am less than 2 weeks away or some bug?

I really like the "Near Transportation" request! Wish it would "save" for me!

We leave in 17 days and it is doing the same thing for me also. My only request is large balcony, but on MDE it shows upper floor. I have tried to change it on my computer and on my phone. I booked through a TA so I don't think they will let me call and make the request. We normally don't do online check in but decided to try it out since this is a short trip for us and if we don't get our request it won't be a huge deal. Hopefully its a glitch and gets fixed soon :flower1:

I believe it is "working as designed". I don't believe you are able to change requests on line

I have compiled all of the recent posts about room requests and online advance check-in.

I believe that last comment is correct- once you have made your check-in selections, there is no way to go back into the system to change them.

You can call Central Reservations (or your Travel Agent if you booked that way) any time before your trip, the sooner the better to note specific requests. There is no way to make a request for a daybed room without calling that in.

You can both call and do the advanced online check-in but I don't know what happens if you indicate conflicting requests

ETA:

Try resetting and saving, clearing your selections by changing to "Select" for both drop-down boxes. Then save, again. Now, clear the history on your browser, and make your preferred selections. Save again, and close MDE. Re-open MDE, and see if that saved your room requests.

I have never had a problem changing on-line room requests.

Certainly can't hurt to try this.

Friends- let us know your results if you try this.

Last edited:
So I heard about the new check-in requests here. Thanks so much for the info. I am leaving in less than 2 weeks. I tried to update it (via my computer). I select my new requests, hit the check mark at the very bottom of the page and hit save. When I go back in it has my old requests. Anyone else have that issue? Is it because I am less than 2 weeks away or some bug?

I really like the "Near Transportation" request! Wish it would "save" for
me!
Try resetting and saving, clearing your selections by changing to "Select" for both drop-down boxes. Then save, again. Now, clear the history on your browser, and make your preferred selections. Save again, and close MDE. Re-open MDE, and see if that saved your room requests.

I'll add this to the post above.

I have never done the online check-in, so I rely on others' experiences with the process.

page 794-795

Hi Everybody, I haven't posted in forever but I check-in to the board almost every day. We have a family trip planned at the BC for the end of August for 6 days, woo!!
This may be old news, but just wanted to give those of you a head's up in regard to booking your ADR's. My 180+10 opened today at 6:00 AM, and I was ready to go. Of course, when I went to confirm my first one, I got the dreaded Lady and the Tramp "Sorry for the Paws" screen, so I couldn't do anything. So frustrating! However, it worked perfectly on my phone and on my iPad. I was able to get everything I wanted, yay! So,if that happens to you, have all of your available "devices" ready to go and hopefully you should be all set.

Also wanted to add, I will be DEVASTATED if this gondola thing happens.....the BC and the entire Boardwalk/IG area are my true happy place, namely for the beautiful, peaceful tranquility, the atmosphere, the landscaping, the piped in music, everything. I just LOVE being there. So much so, that I have been there three times already this year for my own peace of mind! To think that could change will make me very, very sad. I realize that sounds completely crazy, but it's true. This is the only place I would ever admit that, by the way, I know you all get it :)

:welcome: back!

:wave2:

I'll add you to the list!

Thanks for the helpful hint the tip about dining reservations. Huh, the website was glitch? What are the chances that???

:lmao:

Changed our dates slightly. We are now staying 9/16-9/22. My cousin is getting married on the 23rd so we need to be there for that! :)

Got it!

I'll make the change.

Is there any word on the pool work that was scheduled? Hoping everything will be open when we are there 3-5 thru 3-10

I haven't heard anything. If there is anyone there now or soon, we would love some updates and/or pictures.

:fish:

We are looking at renting DVC points (dh, dd4 and dd2) for 2018 to stay at BCV. My parents and sister will be coming with us, but they will be getting a "normal" Beach Club room through Disney so they can have 2 queen beds.

I know our rooms won't be in the same area, but how far apart might they be? We are used to staying at CBR so I'm not sure how BC compares in size and what opposite sides of the resort might be like in terms of walking distance.

Also, is there any issue with my parents & sister coming to use the DVC pool with us occasionally or is that frowned upon?

We are SO excited about the possibility of staying here. As a child my dream was always to stay at BC, thrilled it might actually become reality !

:welcome: to the thread!

Others have answered your questions that you shouldn't be too far away from your family and that you will be able to use any of the 4 pools on property together as guests of the resort.

Please let us know when you book the trips.

:thumbsup2

Got all my ADRs except for Le Cellier. They said they had not opened up availability for my dates yet. I'm going to try again today myself. :)

That happened to me with Yak & Yeti. IPO said they couldn't book it, but I was able to a few days later.

::yes::

My husband and I are staying at YC in April, and we had no idea there would be construction until I read this thread. We never received an email, and our travel agent didn't mention it. Is it throughout the entire property? I'm confused as to why we weren't notified. This is our first trip away from the kids ever (and DS will be 11, so it's way overdue). I don't want it ruined by noise.

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

The construction taking place at the Yacht Club will be room renovations and some work in the lobby to the Fittings & Fairings Gift Shop, Captain's Grille Restaurant and maybe the lounges.

The renovations have been on the docket for a couple of years but the work has been delayed a number of times. Letters have just starting to go out to guests but I think the notice has been on Disney's booking website for quite some time. But it was on the site a couple of times and then was removed when the work was postponed.

Disney will do their best to minimize impact disruption to guests. The information I have is that the work will be done floor by floor and the rooms directly below where work is taking place (and maybe above) will be blocked off.

Only you can decide if you want to keep your reservation as is, see if you can switch over to the Beach Club or perhaps wait and see what it is like when you arrive and if you find the conditions are unacceptable to you, go to the front desk to politely inquire if you have any options for changing rooms/resorts.

Keep posted here for info on the work and guests comments as they stay in the coming months.

I'll add this to the post above.

I have never done the online check-in, so I rely on others' experiences with the process.

I have noticed that sometimes the system is a little glitchy or slow and can take a little time to register the requests. If that happens, I go back in and check or try, again, at a later time/date.

Of course, at about 7 days before arrival, you can always call in to make special room requests, even if booked through a TA. If booked through a TA, I call
(407) 934-8000 for BC or (407) 934-7000 for YC. I believe these are Guest Relations contact numbers, but they are glad to accept room requests. They will ask you for name and check-in date.

I booked a YC standard room and am looking on Touringplans to see where we might end up, but it looks like there are only a handful of standard view rooms on the 4th floor? I am sure that can't be right... Is there somewhere else I can see which rooms are standard view or something else?

I booked a YC standard room and am looking on Touringplans to see where we might end up, but it looks like there are only a handful of standard view rooms on the 4th floor? I am sure that can't be right... Is there somewhere else I can see which rooms are standard view or something else?

The only thing we have is an outdated map showing the room views before there was a garden view designation. I believe I have a link to this map in Post 9 (Yacht Club) on Page 1.

Oh, you could also check out the Yacht Club Room Views thread to see what is listed for standard view rooms.

I am not very familiar with the YC layout, but I would think that all of the rooms on that floor that face the back parking lot would be in the standard view category.

Hello. I have made reservations for BC Club Level Aug 5th through 8th. I see there is a dessert/cordial offering in the evening. What kind of cordials do they serve? Have any of you made mixed cocktails with the alcohol provided? If so, what are your recipes?

Hello. I have made reservations for BC Club Level Aug 5th through 8th. I see there is a dessert/cordial offering in the evening. What kind of cordials do they serve? Have any of you made mixed cocktails with the alcohol provided? If so, what are your recipes?

I've made Baileys Irish Cream, Kahlua and half & half- kind of like a mini mudslide drink

RUMOR ALERT: about the Y&B & BW area: being reported on the rumors &news forum that Disney has filed plans to build a gondola/ skyway type transport from the International Gateway area to Carribbean Beach (possibly from the rumored vacation club building??) onto the Studios. Also might include stops at AoA.

Looks like it will go thru or behind the Boardwalk. Is the quiet beauty of these resorts & quick IG access about to change??

This is the first thread I have found mentioning this as a (major IMHO) downside of a possible skyway. Your point was my first thought too. I really hope it doesn't happen as I love the relatively low crowds of the Crescent Lake area and IG! I also agree with other posters that it seems a weird thing to build in such a stormy/lightning prone state...

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!

I had a question about SAB that I really haven't found a good answer for despite all my readings. Are pool chairs difficult to come by, in the sense we'd have to be there almost at pool open? We (2 people) love to swim but have never spent much time at the pool. We usually stay at values and I find the atmosphere a lot less relaxing, and I hate the fact that I feel like I'm on top of 10 other people while sitting down. I know it will definitely be crowded, but if we come back for an afternoon swim, is it going to be a giant headache to find somewhere to sit? We have no children so no need to be directly AT/in the direct view of the water, and I don't really care what area I plop down but I just want to brace myself for a long search if that's the usual case. We will be there 5/30-6/4, so during warmer weather. I'm sure seating is generally easier to find at the quiet pools but with such a legendary pool as SAB I am sure we will spend most of our time there.

ETA: I feel like this came off snobby and I really apologize, it was never meant that way. I love the values and often stay at them! I find their pools very fun and themed very cute but the pool-chair-shimmy is one that isn't my favorite. I am sure no one wants me so close to them as I try to maneuver my chair hahaha

Sorry I failed to add this in to my above post - apologies for not "multiquoting" it. Hit the wrong button!

We have been to YC/BC in May and Sept, May last year and found it really easy to find a quiet spot with plenty of space at multiple times of day! Have a quick scan about and look for hidden nooks. There's also a pavilion type area up some stairs which is great if there is space as you can't get too many people up there and people can't haul additional beds up the stairs - well they could but I haven't seen anyone try!! The quiet pools are always deserted too!

We were at YC last year from May 28 - June 5 and have gone during that time for many years. For some reason, last year was by far the most crowded. We had to split up and walk around to find a couple chairs at SAB Sunday and Monday (Memorial Day), but after that, it slacked off a bit but still more crowded than in years prior. Our last full day, I did laundry while we tried to enjoy the "quiet" pool and we couldn't believe that every single chair there was taken! We had never experienced the quiet pool crowded before so that was a total shock to us.

That being said, people come and go, so if you just wait it out, a couple chairs will become available.

I'm officially deciding on my vacation dates for F&W staying at the BC or YC! So excited to be planning again! (I booked a stay but had to cancel last year. Re-try this year!) There is a lot to catch-up on here, I need to do some serious backtracking. Yacht Club hasn't even started/is just starting refurb? Say what?! I thought that would be towards the end of finishing up by now, that's how behind I am! So much to catch up on. Anyway just wanted to say and hi and introduce myself (in case any of you are wondering why someone is liking your old posts from last year- I'm not randomly stalking people here I promise!) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter