• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Siting on the park bench at end of YC walk-way to boat doc starting at 8:30pm watching people and boats together and then the fireworks at 9:00pm before heading back in to the Crews Cup for a night cap.

Hope you have a great trip

Katesdad
Oh that does sound divine! How thoughtful of you to suggest this, we have never been in Crews Cup Lounge before so it will be interesting to experience it for the first time.
We saw a few fireworks from our balcony when we stayed at YC two trips back they tended to be over the top of the Epcot buildings for Reflections of Earth and a few behind the BW from DHS. What ones we could see we're amazing and incredibly loud. No one does a fireworks display like WDW that's for sure, we can't compare them to any of the ones at home at all. Just have to remember to make sure we get to the bench in time to enjoy the show. :worship::thanks:

:thumbsup2

I have been reading the thread on the rumors & news board. Several folks there seem to have quite a bit of experience with these types of gondolas & info as it pertains to Disney. They are talking about possibility 1200 people an hour being moved with this type of transportation. :eek: Seems guests from POP & AoA will also have direct access to this. Also definitely several gondolas moving all the time. Less than 4 minutes from DS to CBR, another 4 minutes from CBR to Epcot. I can see most people picking this over the boat or bus.

Sounds like quite an impact to the IG if that's all true. Interesting reading over there! Maybe I should take more of a wait & see attitude. But the more I read about this, the sadder I get. I just don't want to lose that quiet relaxing atmosphere around the Y&B.

I'm thinking the same thing. If POP, AoA, and the new CBR all have access to this that is a lot of extra people coming into the IG. Disney isn't going to create a mode of transportation that services that many resort guest and has a limited capacity. I think this will take place of the buses and could really cause a log jam if the entire IG isn't reconfigured.

I called today at noon after trying a bunch; CM said it's completely booked up, we tried multiple dates. So not sure why all of a sudden its like trying to get a CRT ressie but it is.
I just checked out of curiosity and all my dates are unavailable for breakfast as well.

As I sit at home surrounded by the noise and mess of having a new flat roof fitted to our home I'm staying positive by thinking about Crews Cup Lounge as an option for "date night" when we visit. Thinking happy thoughts on WDW and especially Y&BC are keeping me upbeat and productive. It's sure been a stressful year so far and I hope things start changing for the better now.

Anyone else have some great locations in mind for a couple celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this year?

What about an early morning stroll around the Boardwalk to watch the sun come up and the world awaken. I love how peaceful it is early in the morning and it really is a beautiful place for a romantic stroll or you could simply sit on a swing/ bench together at the beach and enjoy the views. Breakfast over in France, sitting at a little table for 2 waterside rounds things off perfectly :love:

With my date change, my ADR window opened this morning. I took a deep breath and let Signature Services handle it since my first reservation is at 181 days where we arrive at 8 pm on the 17th. Now eating anxiously for an email back...

Hi Everybody, I haven't posted in forever but I check-in to the board almost every day. We have a family trip planned at the BC for the end of August for 6 days, woo!!
This may be old news, but just wanted to give those of you a head's up in regard to booking your ADR's. My 180+10 opened today at 6:00 AM, and I was ready to go. Of course, when I went to confirm my first one, I got the dreaded Lady and the Tramp "Sorry for the Paws" screen, so I couldn't do anything. So frustrating! However, it worked perfectly on my phone and on my iPad. I was able to get everything I wanted, yay! So,if that happens to you, have all of your available "devices" ready to go and hopefully you should be all set.

Also wanted to add, I will be DEVASTATED if this gondola thing happens.....the BC and the entire Boardwalk/IG area are my true happy place, namely for the beautiful, peaceful tranquility, the atmosphere, the landscaping, the piped in music, everything. I just LOVE being there. So much so, that I have been there three times already this year for my own peace of mind! To think that could change will make me very, very sad. I realize that sounds completely crazy, but it's true. This is the only place I would ever admit that, by the way, I know you all get it :)

Also wanted to add, I will be DEVASTATED if this gondola thing happens.....the BC and the entire Boardwalk/IG area are my true happy place, namely for the beautiful, peaceful tranquility, the atmosphere, the landscaping, the piped in music, everything. I just LOVE being there. So much so, that I have been there three times already this year for my own peace of mind! To think that could change will make me very, very sad. I realize that sounds completely crazy, but it's true. This is the only place I would ever admit that, by the way, I know you all get it :)

Feel exactly same way

Changed our dates slightly. We are now staying 9/16-9/22. My cousin is getting married on the 23rd so we need to be there for that! :)

What about an early morning stroll around the Boardwalk to watch the sun come up and the world awaken. I love how peaceful it is early in the morning and it really is a beautiful place for a romantic stroll or you could simply sit on a swing/ bench together at the beach and enjoy the views. Breakfast over in France, sitting at a little table for 2 waterside rounds things off perfectly :love:
I really love this idea, we can take the camera and grab some sunrise photos and catch the steam rising from the water first thing. Perhaps we can manage it before the early morning clean up crew get there to comb the beach area and hose off the paths. We can leave the boy in bed for a lie in for a change lol! He can sleep through a storm that boy of ours.

Is there any word on the pool work that was scheduled? Hoping everything will be open when we are there 3-5 thru 3-10

We are looking at renting DVC points (dh, dd4 and dd2) for 2018 to stay at BCV. My parents and sister will be coming with us, but they will be getting a "normal" Beach Club room through Disney so they can have 2 queen beds.

I know our rooms won't be in the same area, but how far apart might they be? We are used to staying at CBR so I'm not sure how BC compares in size and what opposite sides of the resort might be like in terms of walking distance.

Also, is there any issue with my parents & sister coming to use the DVC pool with us occasionally or is that frowned upon?

We are SO excited about the possibility of staying here. As a child my dream was always to stay at BC, thrilled it might actually become reality !

So I heard about the new check-in requests here. Thanks so much for the info. I am leaving in less than 2 weeks. I tried to update it (via my computer). I select my new requests, hit the check mark at the very bottom of the page and hit save. When I go back in it has my old requests. Anyone else have that issue? Is it because I am less than 2 weeks away or some bug?

I really like the "Near Transportation" request! Wish it would "save" for me!

We are looking at renting DVC points (dh, dd4 and dd2) for 2018 to stay at BCV. My parents and sister will be coming with us, but they will be getting a "normal" Beach Club room through Disney so they can have 2 queen beds.

I know our rooms won't be in the same area, but how far apart might they be? We are used to staying at CBR so I'm not sure how BC compares in size and what opposite sides of the resort might be like in terms of walking distance.

Also, is there any issue with my parents & sister coming to use the DVC pool with us occasionally or is that frowned upon?

We are SO excited about the possibility of staying here. As a child my dream was always to stay at BC, thrilled it might actually become reality !
We have stayed in a 2 BR villa at BCV and had other family groups staying in a regular resort room at the BC. The rooms were probably a five minute walk from each other. We would most often either meet at their room on the way to Epcot or DHS or meet in the villa. I think they appreciated being in their own space and it was never a problem to meet them somewhere.

They villas pool is open to all YC, BC and BCV guests. :)

So I heard about the new check-in requests here. Thanks so much for the info. I am leaving in less than 2 weeks. I tried to update it (via my computer). I select my new requests, hit the check mark at the very bottom of the page and hit save. When I go back in it has my old requests. Anyone else have that issue? Is it because I am less than 2 weeks away or some bug?

We leave in 17 days and it is doing the same thing for me also. My only request is large balcony, but on MDE it shows upper floor. I have tried to change it on my computer and on my phone. I booked through a TA so I don't think they will let me call and make the request. We normally don't do online check in but decided to try it out since this is a short trip for us and if we don't get our request it won't be a huge deal. Hopefully its a glitch and gets fixed soon :flower1:

We have stayed in a 2 BR villa at BCV and had other family groups staying in a regular resort room at the BC. The rooms were probably a five minute walk from each other. We would most often either meet at their room on the way to Epcot or DHS or meet in the villa. I think they appreciated being in their own space and it was never a problem to meet them somewhere.

They villas pool is open to all YC, BC and BCV guests. :)

Thank you - that is helpful. 5 minute walk is not bad at all. Fingers crossed we will be able to rent some points !

We leave in 17 days and it is doing the same thing for me also. My only request is large balcony, but on MDE it shows upper floor. I have tried to change it on my computer and on my phone. I booked through a TA so I don't think they will let me call and make the request. We normally don't do online check in but decided to try it out since this is a short trip for us and if we don't get our request it won't be a huge deal. Hopefully its a glitch and gets fixed soon :flower1:

I believe it is "working as designed". I don't believe you are able to change requests on line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter