Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks! We have 3 little girls so they can all pile in one bed. Will need to upgrade to a 2 bedroom eventually though... Thanks again for your help

Hello my BC friends! I haven't been on here in quite a while! We arrive at BC on 12/21 and want to ship some things to the resort. Am I correct that packages get delivered to the Comvention Center and we have to pick them up? And, there is a $5 fee? Anything else to know? Do I just address the package to BC, attention (guest name)?

Thank you!

Hello my BC friends! I haven't been on here in quite a while! We arrive at BC on 12/21 and want to ship some things to the resort. Am I correct that packages get delivered to the Comvention Center and we have to pick them up? And, there is a $5 fee? Anything else to know? Do I just address the package to BC, attention (guest name)?

Thank you!
Hi Mary,

Welcome back. :)

I don't know anything about shipping packages but I think Dee has the information on page one of this thread. :)

Anyone have pictures to post of this year's carousel and train displays in the BC/YC lobbies?
Thanks

Is it possible to request a first floor room if you booked standard? We tend to always get the rooms facing the main entrance and I end up having trouble sleeping with all of the noise in the middle of the night. I am a very light sleeper! I am thinking first floor may be a good idea to possibly avoid one of those rooms again but I wasn't sure if there were any first floor standard rooms. Of course, I know it is only a request and not guaranteed but I wanted to know if it was even worth requesting.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure we have determined that there are no standard rooms on the first floor. You could request that, and maybe it would be granted, but it would be an upgrade.

Some of the standard views may look over rooftops instead of the front so you could try requesting

"Room away from Main Entrance, please"

:goodvibes

ETA: I just looked at Page 6 of the Beach Club Views thread and there are a few posts with pictures from standard view rooms that are not right at the resort entrance. Also, if you look on the first post in that thread, or Post 8 on Page 1 of this thread, you can find a map that lists all of the rooms at the Beach Club with descriptions including view category.

:thumbsup2

My family and I returned home from our trip the Sunday before Thanksgiving, but I am just now getting around to posting.

*snip*

Thank you to everyone on this thread, especially @natebenma, for all the info and great community! I'll be following along and living vicariously through you all who will be visiting!

Thank you so much for your helpful and detailed review and for the kind words about the thread.

Would you mind adding the information about the room in the Beach Club Room Views thread? Thanks in Advance!

Beach Club Room Views

So happy you will be sticking around and reading and hopefully posting until your next trip.

I appreciate the description and pictures of the fridge and the warning about the door popping open- I'll add that to the FAQ post I have about the room refrigerators. I believe you are correct that I don't have photos of this version posted on the thread.

I wonder if I need to amend my "Will it fit" post. Will a half gallon of milk or OJ still fit in the door of this fridge? Does anyone who has stayed at the Beach Club recently know?

page 735

Does anyone know how likely it is we can get 2 counter spots at B&C on Wed Jan 4 at 11:30? I've got a reservation for 4, but we're 6 & I'm feeling a bit desperate.

I have always read that the best thing to do when the actual number in your dining party is different from what is on your reservation is to just show up and let the host/hostess know that your number has changed. It's not like they actually set aside a table for your dining party before you arrive. I have been in situations where I have had more or fewer guests than expected. My understanding is there is only a problem if you are a no-show for the reservation, not if the number changes.

That being said, Beaches and Cream is super small, so it may take a little longer than usual for them to seat you all, but I don't see why they wouldn't seat you all together.

:thumbsup2

Thank you!

:wave2:

My understanding is that if you have something delivered by FedEx or UPS, then it will be delivered to the Convention Center, you need to pick it up during their (limited) hours of operation and there will be a weight-based fee charged.

If you ship a package via United States Postal Service, it will be delivered to the front desk. There are instructions on Page 1 about how to address the package. You may or may not be charged a $5 fee (per package) for this. I know Disney has recently indicated a fee MAY be charged for packages delivered to the resort but I have no idea if this is being implemented at the Beach and Yacht Club or if it is being implemented consistently, if you know what I mean. Maybe it will be charged during busy times at the resort. I don't know.

Someone staying at the resort last week, after the policy was put in place, was not charged the package delivery fee.

Your mileage may vary- please let us know your experience.

::yes::

Just booked in August 2017. Haven't spent much time on the boardwalk since 2006. Excited to say the least

:welcome: to the thread!

Is your stay at the Beach Club or the Yacht Club?

Anyone have pictures to post of this year's carousel and train displays in the BC/YC lobbies?
Thanks

I have a friend staying there now, but she may be leaving the YC today. I'll ask her to post some pictures if she has a chance.

:santa:

Last edited:
Thanks

When I asked my friend yesterday morning if she could take some pictures of the train set, she asked where it was. I said in the YC lobby.

As she was waiting for the Tragical Depress last night, they were literally putting the train display together.

Here are her pictures:

train 2016.jpg

train 2016 2.jpg

train 2016 3.jpg

train 2016 4.jpg

Checked in to the YC yesterday. We got a text and e-mail when we landed that our room was not ready. By the time we got our luggage and rental car and drove there had not heard anything. We decided to go to the front deck since we would be out all day and not get back until late to see how much longer it would be and the CM found us a different room. It is great!

Greeting SAB friends! I am back from a most joyous stay at YC!!! It was myself, my DD10, DD9, and DS8. My little man has ASD, and can be somewhat of a challenge, but I will tell you YC received his seal of approval :) We arrived approx. 3:45pm, but I received a room ready text as we waited for our flight (10:30am). I had booked a LV CL room so when the text came through that our room number was 2155 I started getting annoyed. Then I realized we were probably upgraded.

We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom turret suite! There were two separate 2 queen bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and a living area. The minifridge in the living area was stocked with sodas and water which was cool. Off the first bedroom was a full balcony which overlooked the walkway from the lobby, and in the hall was a Juliet balcony. Looking out from the Turret, you can see the YC lighthouse, BW (DHS fireworks), and to the left Iluminations :) The suite was right around the corner from the elevator, and since we were on the second floor you could just take the stairs from the lobby. Access to the 5th floor lounge was easy peasy, just hop the elevator. And they gave us trays to carry things downstairs. The YC lounge is nice (I prefer the BC lounge, I prefer the BC everything actually) and the CMs were super kind. It felt crowded the way the tables were close together, but there was always seating, and my kids liked going on the balcony to eat. We really didn't go up there too much. It seems like CL is becoming unnecessary for us (yes, Dee I really just said that).

The pool was a hit and the lifeguards were so great to my kids, just kind people. We ate at Beaches and Cream YUMMMMMMM. Also, my younger two did the Sandcastle Club, and LOVED it!!! Highly recommend them. My DS15 sang in the Candlelight with NPH and WOW! WOW! just WOW. What else.....my only complaint was no turndown and no replenishment of toiletries. BUT we had the big Sea Marine bottles so we were good to go. They also provided toothbrush & toothpaste, a razor and shaving cream, and solar gel. The BC lobby décor is so pretty, and so is YC. The front desk CMs were helpful when we checked in fixing our MBs (which didn't link up but I blame my many ch-ch-changes). In the future I doubt I will stay anywhere else but BC/YC/BWI, there really is NOTHING like the EPCOT area.

Wow! What a wonderful upgrade!
Funny that you think CL may not fit you all, anymore. I just convinced myself to book it for our summer trip since the average per day for 5 people is easily recouped in drinks and snacks vs a GV room and ordering food/drink from CS/lounges. We'll be at the resort every afternoon enjoying the pool, so we'll like having the lounge available. Especially for evening snacks before we go back to the park. That's one less food stop I have to figure out for my bottomless pit kid!

Happy to share that I'll be at the Beach Club Villas Jan 5-8. Running the half marathon! I love the boardwalk area and am very excited to be staying here.

We'll be arriving at the BCVs on 1/4 and running the half as well! Good luck with the rest of your training this month and stay healthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter