Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, you'll need to take me off the list for the Beach club. We decided to save some money at stay are POR. One day we'll stay there..

page 733-734

Was able to book 5 in a BCV studio today! Was supposed to be a girls only trip, but in the end I couldn't leave my boys at home. Darn those sweet little faces :earboy2:

That is really cool news! Thanks for sharing it.

:goodvibes

Was that rack rate? :)

:welcome: to the thread.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting here.

::yes::

So excited booked again for 21 Dec to 4th Jan yacht club and beach club 7/7. We came to beach club in Feb and had a fab room for five but unfortunately I was ill for ten days and spent most of our holiday in bed. The room was club level. This time we have pool, lagoon view at YC and garden view at BC. Any room recommendations you could suggest for us and our three growing children please?

:welcome: back!

That stinks about your Feb vacation, but sounds like you have a couple of fun do-overs.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

For the Beach Club stay, you probably want to request a "full balcony, please" since only about half the rooms have them. The rest have smaller standing only balconies. Some of the Garden Views at the Beach Club include a Woods View near EPCOT, view of the volleyball courtyard (could have peek-a-boo lagoon views) and the courtyard back entrance (lakeside) of the resort. We love that last view for people watching.

I think most of the Yacht Club Water Views are pretty decent. Maybe an upper floor? If prefer either a lagoon view or a pool view you may want to specify that.

:thumbsup2

First stay at Beach Club:beach:
December 30 - January 2, 2016
First visit with xmas decorations and first NYE visit too!
Please add me to the list. :thanks:

:welcome:

Will do!!!

:santa:

Hi, you'll need to take me off the list for the Beach club. We decided to save some money at stay are POR. One day we'll stay there..

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Super excited, we've booked the Epcot Illuminations cruise for during our stay. Never done this before so something new to look forward to. The kids are going to love it. I just thought, why not, it's been an awful year and fingers crossed we make it this time.

If anyone has any experience on this or reviews/advice, please let me know.

Thanks.

Super excited, we've booked the Epcot Illuminations cruise for during our stay. Never done this before so something new to look forward to. The kids are going to love it. I just thought, why not, it's been an awful year and fingers crossed we make it this time.

If anyone has any experience on this or reviews/advice, please let me know.

Thanks.

Cool!!!

There are a couple of reviews of past Illuminations cruises on Page 1, Post 5 (Resort Amenities).

Is it possible to request a first floor room if you booked standard? We tend to always get the rooms facing the main entrance and I end up having trouble sleeping with all of the noise in the middle of the night. I am a very light sleeper! I am thinking first floor may be a good idea to possibly avoid one of those rooms again but I wasn't sure if there were any first floor standard rooms. Of course, I know it is only a request and not guaranteed but I wanted to know if it was even worth requesting.

Is it possible to request a first floor room if you booked standard? We tend to always get the rooms facing the main entrance and I end up having trouble sleeping with all of the noise in the middle of the night. I am a very light sleeper! I am thinking first floor may be a good idea to possibly avoid one of those rooms again but I wasn't sure if there were any first floor standard rooms. Of course, I know it is only a request and not guaranteed but I wanted to know if it was even worth requesting.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure we have determined that there are no standard rooms on the first floor. You could request that, and maybe it would be granted, but it would be an upgrade.

Some of the standard views may look over rooftops instead of the front so you could try requesting

"Room away from Main Entrance, please"

My family and I returned home from our trip the Sunday before Thanksgiving, but I am just now getting around to posting. We stayed at BC the first four nights of our trip (the second half at WBC). It was fabulous - but I don't have to tell you all that!!! First, however, the not-so-good: we were assigned to room 4652 (SV), which was right in the location I was hoping to avoid - over the entrance to the lobby. A previous poster (I can't remember who) had posted about how much noise he heard in his similarly-located room, and I had so hoped to avoid that area. But, I'm so non-assertive that I thought, "Well, we'll be on the 4th floor - maybe it won't be bad," and I didn't ask to be moved. Wish I had at least asked I mean seriously? :sad2: Every morning around 5:30-6:00 I kept hearing loud banging noises, like a truck unloading things. And that's exactly what it ended up being - the luggage (from MDE?), in metal cages, were being unloaded at the front bell stand. Every. Morning. Granted, most mornings I needed to be up around that time. But the last day, I so wanted to sleep in...just until 7 or 7:30, but alas, no. So lesson learned - next time I'll ask to be moved based on others' reviews.

Other than that, we had a wonderful stay! We LOVED being able to walk to Epcot and boat to HS and the ability to let DS13 go back to the resort when he wanted to - for this trip especially, that was an amazing benefit! I didn't plan full park days those first few days because I really wanted us to be able to take advantage of the resort amenities. We swam, drank a Sunken Treasure, made s'mores, watched a movie - and saw some fireworks in the distance; DH and boys all played in the arcade - it was a great time! :D My youngest especially enjoyed it all and can't wait to go back! OH! The croissants in the Beach Club Marketplace were so yummy - even the multigrain ones! I realize they are made centrally, and aren't necessarily "gourmet," but they were so good we bought a couple of extra on our check-out day to take with us to our condo. We were very sad to leave, but I'm confident we'll be back again for the next trip.

One little practical note/observation: The refrigerator door has "slots" in the door to put water bottles (the 16.9 oz size), which we did. But then, the bottles would hit the shelves and cause the door to pop open. At first, I thought someone didn't close the door, but then I figured it out...a small little thing, but I thought I'd share. Also, I took pictures of the fridge because I don't think the ones at the beginning of the thread are of the same model we had.

Thank you to everyone on this thread, especially @natebenma, for all the info and great community! I'll be following along and living vicariously through you all who will be visiting!

Fridge Pics:

BC fridge interior.JPG BC fridge door.JPG

Views Room 4652:
Right:
BCR 4652 Right View.jpg

Left:
BCR 4652 Left View.jpg

Straight:
BCR 4652 Straight View.jpg

Ok, need some info from anyone there now or just back. A poster on the bounceback thread is currently staying at POFQ. He says there is no resort info packet or bounceback info in the room. He asked several CMs, including front desk & housekeeping managers for the info packets & was told they have all been discontinued. Said the only thing in the rooms now is a Bible. :confused3:confused3

So, can anyone report what's in the rooms at Y&B??

Ok, need some info from anyone there now or just back. A poster on the bounceback thread is currently staying at POFQ. He says there is no resort info packet or bounceback info in the room. He asked several CMs, including front desk & housekeeping managers for the info packets & was told they have all been discontinued. Said the only thing in the rooms now is a Bible. :confused3:confused3

So, can anyone report what's in the rooms at Y&B??

In late October at the BCV we had a full info packet that included every thing I remember including in room dining menu, bounceback info, resort info, activity sheets etc

In late October at the BCV we had a full info packet that included every thing I remember including in room dining menu, bounceback info, resort info, activity sheets etc

Thanks, we had the normal stuff in September too. Sounds like this might be a brand new (this week or last) change.

Does anyone know how likely it is we can get 2 counter spots at B&C on Wed Jan 4 at 11:30? I've got a reservation for 4, but we're 6 & I'm feeling a bit desperate.

My family and I returned home from our trip the Sunday before Thanksgiving, but I am just now getting around to posting. We stayed at BC the first four nights of our trip (the second half at WBC). It was fabulous - but I don't have to tell you all that!!! First, however, the not-so-good: we were assigned to room 4652 (SV), which was right in the location I was hoping to avoid - over the entrance to the lobby. A previous poster (I can't remember who) had posted about how much noise he heard in his similarly-located room, and I had so hoped to avoid that area. But, I'm so non-assertive that I thought, "Well, we'll be on the 4th floor - maybe it won't be bad," and I didn't ask to be moved. Wish I had at least asked I mean seriously? :sad2: Every morning around 5:30-6:00 I kept hearing loud banging noises, like a truck unloading things. And that's exactly what it ended up being - the luggage (from MDE?), in metal cages, were being unloaded at the front bell stand. Every. Morning. Granted, most mornings I needed to be up around that time. But the last day, I so wanted to sleep in...just until 7 or 7:30, but alas, no. So lesson learned - next time I'll ask to be moved based on others' reviews.
I also stayed in one of the BC rooms that overlooked the porte cochere. At first, I didn't mind the location, as the view was not too bad, compared to some of the roof views. But, not long after, the beeping noises (and various other noises), as well as loud speaking or yelling from arriving/departing families, became apparent; those constant sounds were about to drive me up a wall. Like you, I just put up with it, but will, most likely, request a room change, if assigned a similar location in the future.

Does anyone think/know if the 1 bedrooms at BCV occupancy will be updated to include 5?
Thoughts are that 1bds in most resorts will not get a murphy b/c of lack of wall space.

If you're booking a 1bd on cash, yes the occupancy limit is 4. If you're staying on points you can book 5, but neither sleeping surface nor bed linens is provided for the 5th person.

So excited!!!!! We leave tonight and check in tomorrow for our first stay at Beach Club!!!! We have been many many times, but this is our first deluxe stay :yay: I have one quick question though. How powerful are the hairdryers in the rooms? I have super thick hair and usually have to take my own hair dryer. I am really hoping to save that extra room in the luggage for an extra souvenir :) Thanks in advance for any help!

So excited!!!!! We leave tonight and check in tomorrow for our first stay at Beach Club!!!! We have been many many times, but this is our first deluxe stay :yay: I have one quick question though. How powerful are the hairdryers in the rooms? I have super thick hair and usually have to take my own hair dryer. I am really hoping to save that extra room in the luggage for an extra souvenir :) Thanks in advance for any help!

Andis ceramic ionic 1875 in our room at the BCVs when we were there in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter