Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Quick question , I added a night to my trip but DH is going on to a conference, I will spend one night at POFQ at end of trip. Never done a split stay. I take my luggage to bell services and have it transferred to POFQ, correct?

So excited, (well, a little sad DH has to leave but I get some solo time) the night I added is evening EMH at MK - my favorite. So now, I will be at MK on my birthday!

BC Quiet pool construction_09.2016.JPG BC Quiet pool constructiona_09.2016.JPG BC Quiet pool construction.c_09.2016.JPG BC Quiet pool construction.f_09.2016.JPG

The fencing-in project around the BC Quiet Pool continues, with crews even working on Sunday.

Quick question , I added a night to my trip but DH is going on to a conference, I will spend one night at POFQ at end of trip. Never done a split stay. I take my luggage to bell services and have it transferred to POFQ, correct?

So excited, (well, a little sad DH has to leave but I get some solo time) the night I added is evening EMH at MK - my favorite. So now, I will be at MK on my birthday!

Yes, Bell Services will transfer bags for you. They supposedly should be delivered to your second resort by about 3:30 that afternoon. Like with any service bag handlers provide, a tip is appropriate.

Last edited:
Hello all! We arrived in the wee hours of the night from a 6 night stay at the YC CL. I had posted a few pictures and details while there. When we stepped off the bus were not greeted as we had been on previous CL stays but when we told the greeter we were CL they went and found someone very quickly. Everyone was so nice and professional. Our check in was great and we were given the welcome champagne drink and a beer each. We recognized the CM who checked us in from the BC CL and enjoyed visiting with her. Our room was a few doors down from lounge, which was awesome, and we shared the huge balcony over the front entrance with a few other guests. We never saw anyone out there but it was nice to have that size of a balcony. My two year old son Alexander sure did like it. The evening offerings rotated each night, they had salads, cheeses, veggies, two hot selections, and a nice wine/beer selection. The offerings are not has good as the AKL and BWI but they are still nice. The breakfast was the same every morning, but some morning they did not have the meats, but that was only 2 out of the 6 mornings. Unlike other CL stays they have done away with the truffle chocolate boxes. We normally get one on our bed at check in but they told me there have been cutbacks. No biggie for us, as loved the chocolate at turn down. The CMs were amazing here!! Just super sweet people that made our stay very nice. SAB was not really crowded and the pool side service was great. We will be returning for F&W 2017!!

A couple questions from our recent YC stay:
1. Anyone else walking from YC/BC to Epcot use the walkway that goes under the bridge (which goes to the BW) instead of stsying on the main walkway that connects to the bridge?
2. Who knew that the road that connects BC to BW went under the walkway (and water) near the International Gateway? When the DME took that road, I was floored as I didn't know a road went under the water.

Wait. What?!?

What happened to the Poly? Or is that a later trip?

:confused3 :rotfl2:

Congrats on the new job.

:thumbsup2
Instead of going in late October and late November, just one trip. DH needs to take his vacation days for my hospital orientation. I am super excited though! Four full F&W days and I was able to upgrade our flight down to First Class. I'm down to one ticker.....for now :) Poly wasn't available (at least the Honeymoon room wasn't) but I LOVE me some Stone Harbor Club :)

1. Anyone else walking from YC/BC to Epcot use the walkway that goes under the bridge (which goes to the BW) instead of stsying on the main walkway that connects to the bridge?
We'll take that walkway if we aren't using the secret BC exit door. It is a nice way to go because it is flat - no walking uphill or downhill. But if we are using the secret door then that walkway is out of the way.

2. Who knew that the road that connects BC to BW went under the walkway (and water) near the International Gateway? When the DME took that road, I was floored as I didn't know a road went under the water.
It took us a long time to discover that there was a road there. It is well hidden. ::yes::

Last edited:
View attachment 197389 View attachment 197391 View attachment 197393 View attachment 197394

The fencing-in project around the BC Quiet Pool continues, with crews even working on Sunday.

Just curious, is that a fence they're putting in or a new sidewalk? Or maybe both? The layout looks like a sidewalk to me.

ETA: Nevermind. The coffee kicked in:surfweb: It's probably both. Since the current walkway goes right by the pool, I assume they are putting in the new walkway to bypass the pool and new fencing.

Last edited:
As kimmy85 posted, it's about a five minute walk to/from BCV, as well as BC, over to/from the temporary bus stop. From the BC, exit at the doors next to the Marketplace, where there is outdoor seating. Take the pathway and enter BCV, follow and exit at the pool, then continue along right side of pool, which leads to parking area and temporary bus stop.

The temporary stop has a long canopy for waiting under cover, as well as 10-12 benches. They could really use some fans, however, as the heat gets trapped. I did not see any CMs there, when I used the buses, during the afternoon. Upon return, don't follow the placards set up directing you to BC - just reverse route and walk through BCV, over to BC.

A shuttle was seen in the morning in front of the BC, for a quick ride over to temp bus stop.

BC temp bus stop 9.2016.jpg BC temp bus stop b 9.2016.jpg BC bus shuttle 9.2016.jpg

Last edited:
A couple questions from our recent YC stay:
I take that walkway every time I'm going to Epcot and about half the time coming back. It cuts off that big ole hill and has a tad of shade.

Didn't even know there was a road that connects BC to BW, just the walkway around the lake.

Didn't even know there was a road that connects BC to BW, just the walkway around the lake.

Yes, I didn't either until this past week when the DME used the road. When we road the DME to YC in July, he used the other route that passes by the Swan and Dolphin. I think the DS transportation bus also used that road when we transported back to the YC. Now that I know where the road exists, I can hear the traffic under me when walking to Epcot.

Well I guess I will keep my reservation here for a few nights during the first week of February. It will be a very short trip, and the location will be of some help. Got a standard view room booked with a certain TA, with a oh so fab rate. Now, I may have asked this before, but I can remember, so I apologize, but there are standard rooms on all floors but the first, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter