• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So glad you enjoyed your BC stay! We have an ADR at Cape May for breakfast on the morning of Labor Day, and I LOVE crepes, so I am mainly excited for those.. they sound delicious!!! Enjoy Riverside! That is where we have been staying since 2007! It is my favorite moderate resort.
There were other toppings for crepes (I can't remember other than chocolate sauce and even a peanut butter sauce :cloud9:) but we were too full to try any more kinds:). There was also whipped cream, strawberry sauce and chocolate chips that you could add yourself. They were made to order - worth the wait in line! We are enjoying Riverside so far - building 18 so close to quiet pool and food court. Enjoy your September trip:wave2:

After our Crescent Lake walk this morning (@Wood Nymph we got our early morning coffee at Ale and Compass :thumbsup2) we woke the girls and had a wonderful character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. The crepe station is new (or at least new to us). We loved it! DD's had the nutella crepes, I had the caramelized banana crepe, and DH has the mascarpone cheese with fresh fruit crepe. We also loved the guava mango juice- delicious. And of course, Mickey waffles:-) Our waitress was lovely. She brought us a pot of coffee and juice. We got to see the characters fairly early on, which was nice so we could then relax and enjoy the food. Fresh fruit selection and mini muffins were really nice. Great character interaction - multiple visits. Great service. After our breakfast, we took a cab to PORS - checked in at Riverside now. We will likely boat to Disney Springs for the evening.
BC was a blast! Hope to be back:disrocks:

Have fun at POR, it's a pretty nice resort as well. Again, thanks for all your reports helped me in my wait to be at YC in 3 weeks.

Just a quick few notes about Yacht Club on day two:
-Spent the afternoon at the pool. My face hurt from smiling while watching my almost (too cool for anything) 8 year old dance with the changing of the guard. Seriously, all I kept thinking was- this is worth every penny.
-The jib slide is awesome.
-Ale and Compass doesn't seem equipped to handle the breakfast traffic but maybe things will smooth out over time.
-Cheese plate from Beach Club Marketplace was the perfect afternoon "not dinner" nibble for my mom and kids.
-location, location, location- walked to our 8:00 Akershus reservation, which btw was amazing. My mom and I bothe cried watching the kids interact with The princesses (yes, we are total criers)
-Fronters Cocina was amazing for dinner. Space was beautiful, drinks were beautiful, food was delicious (carnitas were everyone's favorite)

I hate to ask this but please take me off the BOG list for Oct. Hubby has to speak at a conference that week and have to cancel our trip. Not sure when we can reschedule :guilty: Instead of being in a magical place on my 50th, I will be at a legal conference - ugh.

I hate to ask this but please take me off the BOG list for Oct. Hubby has to speak at a conference that week and have to cancel our trip. Not sure when we can reschedule :guilty: Instead of being in a magical place on my 50th, I will be at a legal conference - ugh.
Hopefully you will both be able to celebrate it on a different day. Hang in there. We usually end up celebrating occasions on different days. Things happen. Illnesses, sick parents, bad weather, and work cause all kinds of issues. Hope for the best. Best wishes!

Reactions: DLo
Hi Everyone!
I've been catching up on the thread in anticipation of our BC stay for Food and Wine at the end of September. It's the one last "event" my husband and I have never done, so we are really looking forward to to it!

I have a question for anyone traveling there at this time of year. I have booked the Labor Day special from the magical place in the past, and want to do it again for August 2017, but I need three rooms! Would anyone who has booked the special for this year at the Beach Club mind sharing what their room rate is? I know sometimes they are able to offer Club Level with this special, and I would consider either one. I spoke to my agent and she anticipates rates to be released mid-September or so. Trying to get a grip on what this trip is going to cost me.....

Thanks so much for sharing all of your trip reports! I CANNOT wait to get back there.

Hi everyone! ONE WEEK from today we will be checking in to BC (our 2nd time- 1st was in '14)
Reading over my notes and catching up on this thread.
A few questions have entered my mind:

*What is the situation with clocks in the room? Have they added them back in or still no clocks?
*Is the bus stop for BC moved to Convention Center too, or just YC bus stop?

There was another question but it slipped my mind just in the time it took me to type the above!! Grrr..... 51 yr old brain!! It'll come back to me!

Hi everyone! ONE WEEK from today we will be checking in to BC (our 2nd time- 1st was in '14)

*What is the situation with clocks in the room? Have they added them back in or still no clocks?

There was another question but it slipped my mind just in the time it took me to type the above!! Grrr..... 51 yr old brain!! It'll come back to me!
See ya there!! Actually, see ya at the airport, on the plane and probably DME!! Lol I can't believe we leave a week from today!!! So exciting!

I saw Coronado 's September recreation calendar was posted. Anyone at bc/yc now able to post pictures of both sides of the recreation calendar? Still dying to know what they have planned (if anything) for labor day weekend. Thanks!

I'd like to know about the clock situation also so I can request one if they are still do not have them in the rooms.

Okay, so we've changed again. :-) We're now in a BCV 1 bdrm for the same dates (Dec 30 - Jan 8). With the holiday crowds, we figured the club lounge would be packed, and the 1 bdrm actually comes in a bit cheaper than club level, and it guarantees us a king bed, which for us is a big deal, especially for an anniversary trip.

Questions:

I'm correct that all the 1 bdrm BCV rooms have a king bed, right? I don't need to put in a request for that?

And they all have full balconies or a patio? Or is that still a request I should put in?

View? Section of building? How would we word a request that gets us as close to the Epcot shortcut as possible? Or is there a better area to request?

Do they have a dishwasher? Couldn't tell from the pics.

Is it still the same type of smaller stacked washer/dryer as before?

Anything else I should know? We've never stayed at a DVC before, so we have no idea what to expect. But at least we're still at BC (sort of) so it's familiar turf, so to speak... :-)

Okay, so we've changed again. :-) We're now in a BCV 1 bdrm for the same dates (Dec 30 - Jan 8). With the holiday crowds, we figured the club lounge would be packed, and the 1 bdrm actually comes in a bit cheaper than club level, and it guarantees us a king bed, which for us is a big deal, especially for an anniversary trip.

Questions:

I'm correct that all the 1 bdrm BCV rooms have a king bed, right? I don't need to put in a request for that? All 1 BR BCV have a King in the Master, No need to request it

And they all have full balconies or a patio? Or is that still a request I should put in? All BCV's have a patio or balconey big enough for 2 chairs and a table. Some are bigger than others.

View? Section of building? How would we word a request that gets us as close to the Epcot shortcut as possible? Or is there a better area to request? There are no special views at the BCV like at some other resorts. If you want to be near the Epcot walkway request "Near main elevator" But know that the BCV run at over 95% occupancy. Requests frequently can not be met.

Do they have a dishwasher? Couldn't tell from the pics. Yes all One BR and larger DVC Villas have dishwashers.

Is it still the same type of smaller stacked washer/dryer as before? All DVC 1 BR and Larger Villas have a full size stackable washer and dryer

Anything else I should know? We've never stayed at a DVC before, so we have no idea what to expect. But at least we're still at BC (sort of) so it's familiar turf, so to speak... :-)

See answers above. Did you make your reservation through Disney CRO or did you rent points? If a points stay you will not receive daily Mousekeeping, clean towels each day, toiletries replenished or coffee supplies restocked daily. If you rented through Disney directly you will receive all of those daily.

I'd like to know about the clock situation also so I can request one if they are still do not have them in the rooms.

As far as I know, there are no clocks in the rooms. Last I heard, they are not being provided consistently upon request. I will be bringing along a small travel clock during my trip in October because I don't think I can count on Disney providing one.

I am confused about whether it is just the YC stop that has moved. I think that is the case, but I haven't seen confirmation either way.

:goodvibes

I saw Coronado 's September recreation calendar was posted. Anyone at bc/yc now able to post pictures of both sides of the recreation calendar? Still dying to know what they have planned (if anything) for labor day weekend. Thanks!

I'm not sure if the calendar is generally available prior to the first of the month at the resort. When I was there last August, I didn't see the September schedule until the morning of September 1. I think sometimes the scheduled is emailed in advance and perhaps upon request to club level guests in the upcoming month.

As soon as I see the schedule, I'll post it here.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
See answers above. Did you make your reservation through Disney CRO or did you rent points? If a points stay you will not receive daily Mousekeeping, clean towels each day, toiletries replenished or coffee supplies restocked daily. If you rented through Disney directly you will receive all of those daily.

Thanks for the answers, that's awesome! We rented through Disney directly, so we get daily mousekeeping which is good. I was really surprised to see the villa pop up when I was toying with options other than club level. I'd always thought there was no way a cash stay would be available over the holidays, especially at what's now relatively short notice. Really looking forward to it, though. I think having the extra space to escape the crowds as well as the ability to do breakfast and snacks, plus in-room laundry, will make the holiday crowds more bearable. Is there anything else we should know that's different with BCV, good, bad, etc. compared to BC itself?

Thanks for the answers, that's awesome! We rented through Disney directly, so we get daily mousekeeping which is good. I was really surprised to see the villa pop up when I was toying with options other than club level. I'd always thought there was no way a cash stay would be available over the holidays, especially at what's now relatively short notice. Really looking forward to it, though. I think having the extra space to escape the crowds as well as the ability to do breakfast and snacks, plus in-room laundry, will make the holiday crowds more bearable. Is there anything else we should know that's different with BCV, good, bad, etc. compared to BC itself?

We love the 1 BR Villas.
We get groceries delivered from Garden Grocer. I don't " cook" on vacation, but having breakfast in the morning and an adult beverage in the evening saves time & money. We order: fruit, juice, breakfast pastries etc., case of water, soda, beer, wine, cheese & crackers, chips & salsa etc. I found I saved the delivery fee over buying bottles of water in the park.
I pack lighter. It is so easy to throw a laundry in while we take a break. I also bring mostly clean clothes home.
As adults only we enjoy the Dunes Cove pool at the Villas it is less hectic & less crowded than SAB.
If you have other questions just ask.
Enjoy

See ya there!! Actually, see ya at the airport, on the plane and probably DME!! Lol I can't believe we leave a week from today!!! So exciting!

Checked out this past Wednesday...no clocks. Bus stop has not moved. We found the MK buses very crowded in the morning and walked to YC to catch them. Since the bus stops at YC first, it was empty there and we were able to get on more quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter