• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Two weeks...two weeks and counting
(Actually I will be at OKW two weeks minus two days...BC in two weeks)

Are the Mickey Beach Chair lamps gone?

Sitting at Nomad Lounge right now and overheard something from the table next to us. A couple higher ups with Disney and Yacht Club was mentioned. Unfortunately i didn't overhear details but something was said about work and or expansion starting at Yacht Club was mentioned. Really sounded like they were talking expansion. And talk was of it starting in August, whatever it was. Any ideas what was being discussed?
DVC possibly. I know that has been rumored for a while.

Regardless of who told you, this is an unsubstantiated rumor at this time. There is a large amount of land available next to - but not necessarily attached to CBR. There is also a long standing rumor that DVC will be being built at Fort Wilderness. "They" even reported land being cleared for the project. Never happened.
Only time will tell
Actually the DVC at CBR rumor is pretty strong right now. Disney always has plans for things, but nothing ever gets thrown away it just gets put in a file for later use. The Ft. Wilderness DVC was supposed to be another stand along DVC built on the River Country site.

A while back someone was writting about walking through Epcot from the Worldshocase entrance and then going to take the monorails to MK. I am reading resort monorail refurbishment Tuesday to Thursday (and of course we planned on doing this one of those days). Would you recommend walking back to the Beach Club instead or are buses from the main entrance available and adequate?

Edit: Refurbishment seem over... Can anyone confirm, please?

Last edited:
A while back someone was writting about walking through Epcot from the Worldshocase entrance and then going to take the monorails to MK. I am reading resort monorail refurbishment Tuesday to Thursday (and of course we planned on doing this one of those days). Would you recommend walking back to the Beach Club instead or are buses from the main entrance available and adequate?

Edit: Refurbishment seem over... Can anyone confirm, please?
One thing to keep in mind is that you need a park hopper or AP to enter two parks on the same day

I never minded the busses from BC to MK.

I love having friends staying at the resort sharing their vacation time with me! Here are a few pictures from last night and this morning.

Movie last night, The Force Awakens, was viewed with blanket seating

movie%20volleyball%20court2.jpg

From this morning, close-ups of the beach fence:

:goodvibes

If anyone is there now do you know if there are any chairs available? My mother is unable to sit on the ground. They used to have comfortable lounge chairs to view the movies. Thank you. :)

If anyone is there now do you know if there are any chairs available? My mother is unable to sit on the ground. They used to have comfortable lounge chairs to view the movies. Thank you. :)

I asked my friend when I saw this picture and he told me they were not taking chairs from the beach because it was too much work for the recreation staff. But I bet if someone let them know a chair was needed for comfort purposes they could arrange that.

::yes::

I love having friends staying at the resort sharing their vacation time with me! Here are a few pictures from last night and this morning.

sunset%20July%202016.jpg

sunset3%20July%202016.jpg

Movie last night, The Force Awakens, was viewed with blanket seating

movie%20volleyball%20court2.jpg

From this morning, close-ups of the beach fence:

fence1.jpg

fence2.jpg

:goodvibes

Gorgeous pics...thanks for sharing Dee!

I can finally say that we'll be checking-in next week:yay::yay:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter