• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

First time we stayed at the BC in July 2009, I remember thinking the pool felt warm.

We stayed again in July 2010 and July 2013, but I can't remember feeling that the pool was unusually warm.

Stays in August 2014 and August 2015- I thought the pool felt great!

So it was really the first year that it was noticeably warm, not sure if it was because it was the first time we swam in the summer or if it was just the conditions at the time.

:fish:
Did you wear your special bathing cap? :upsidedow

When I went to do our online check in this morning for the Villas I had a request that I had never heard of before. What would be considered the Mansion Area??? :confused3:confused3

This happened my daughter recently when she was checking in for SSR. Kept offering her the OKW check in options and she was worried and rang the resort in case they'd changed her reservation. They hadn't it was just a computer glitch. I reckon that's likely the case for you also :)

This happened my daughter recently when she was checking in for SSR. Kept offering her the OKW check in options and she was worried and rang the resort in case they'd changed her reservation. They hadn't it was just a computer glitch. I reckon that's likely the case for you also :)

I thought it was quite odd. The only mansions I know of are at Port Orleans Riverside. I cancelled out of it and didn't save anything.

Has anyone ever estimated the percentage of BC rooms that have a day bed?
We are keen to know this too! We miss having a "real" sofa to sit on whilst on vacation it gets a little boring and uncomfortable sitting on the beds to watch the TV or check the iPad for emails and such. The rooms where we've had a work desk we found the chairs a little uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time.

One more Beach club question...my apologies for so many...trying to plan where we might do our QS meals. Is this an option for dinner? On Disney's website I see only menu's for "lunch" and "pool bar". I have heard on this thread they also serve a breakfast...anyone know how late they stay open for a dinnerish meal? When I think of lunch, I think of about noon-3pm.

I live in a suburb that's probably 90% (maybe more) Asian families, and EVERYONE either wears a full face sun visor or carries a sun umbrella all summer, and often during sunny days in the winter too. I wouldn't even blink to see someone doing that at Disney. There are a lot stranger things going on. Although, I'd be tempted to find a wild Disney-themed umbrella rather than a plain black one...if you're gonna go, go big, as the saying goes...

Same here - not the exact percentages, but the general idea of folks with umbrellas/hats/visors, etc. So in my neck of the Toronto woods, no one would even blink.

That said, I do agree with others who have commented on the safety issues. Are you taller than the rest of us such that your umbrella won't be poking out eyes or causing folks to duck out of the way? If not, maybe go the visor/sunscreen route instead.

If you are trying to make rope drop the buses will be busy. Sometimes you will get a seat, sometimes not. If you are worried about it, it is a very short walk to the YC bus stop. You can walk over there and increase your chances.
This is true of every bus everywhere at busy times.
Good idea.

Piggy backing off this post, I hope they heat the pools more so in January when we go! We want to swim and I am hoping the pools are heated since I hear January can dip into the 50's.

January can be 70's to 30's. It's a crap shoot.

Saw 28 degrees in January 2010 but that was the exception more than the rule. Only thing in the pool that year was ducks :)

Last year it was in th 70's and beautiful.

I think this renovation is in direct response to the conversations on this thread. :)

Maybe a certain picture that was recently posted of a couple of our commandos sneaking their way into the health center locker room scared 'em!

I noticed they were targeting an October completion. That may not be an accident!

::yes::

Last edited:
I love having friends staying at the resort sharing their vacation time with me! Here are a few pictures from last night and this morning.

sunset%20July%202016.jpg

sunset3%20July%202016.jpg

Movie last night, The Force Awakens, was viewed with blanket seating

movie%20volleyball%20court2.jpg

From this morning, close-ups of the beach fence:

fence1.jpg

fence2.jpg

:goodvibes

One more Beach club question...my apologies for so many...trying to plan where we might do our QS meals. Is this an option for dinner? On Disney's website I see only menu's for "lunch" and "pool bar". I have heard on this thread they also serve a breakfast...anyone know how late they stay open for a dinnerish meal? When I think of lunch, I think of about noon-3pm.
Beach club marketplace and hurricane Hanna's are both open late enough for dinner :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter