Disney's Wonderful World of Memories???

Magickndm

<font color=magenta>The man in black fled across t
Is this an actual shop in DTD? Does anyone know if they carry the Disney punches?
Thanks! :p

Yes it is a store in DTD. I went in December 2002 and really did not see alot that interested me. Maybe they have changed their products since then but I was not really impressed.

I was just there a month ago and don't remember seeing any punches. They carry, when in stock, a couple different paper edgers (scissors), stickers, glue sticks, and page kits (in 3 different sizes.) You'll see lots of comments from others that the scrapbooking supplies they carry at this store are a disappointment. The selection is rather limited and you can find most, if not all, of what they sell there at the parks and resorts around WDW. So if you're thinking of making a special trip to DTD just to visit this store you may find it to be a waste of time. That being said, I still go to check it out each time we go to WDW just to see if they've improved their selection since the last time I was there.

I was there in May. No punches. They mostly have kits that include papers (12x12, 8.5x11 or 5x7) that include die cuts, frames and stickers. The 12x12 sets are $15. They have decorative scissors. They have what looked like deckle and then the Mickey head one ($6). Otherwise they do sell glue sticks and tape runners and such, but you can find that stuff cheaper everywhere else.

I am another one that is disappointed in this store. There are supposed to be getting more paper paks though. I wasn't impressed with the ones I saw when I went to CKU at WDW.

Most of what they carry you can find in the stores in the parks. I don't think the store is worth a special trip. No punches either.

Thanks for the replies. I have found the punches on eBay but was hoping to to be able to get them in "person" to keep from paying a s&h charge. Has anyone seen the punches outside of eBay?

I got most if not all of mine on ebay. But our local Michael's has some. I even found one at my LSS.

LSS? Sorry, I am an abbrivationally challanged person. :p

LSS- local scrapbook store

When you look on EBay what search word do you use? I never thought to look on EBay for them.

Ohhhh...ok...thanks safety mom. Here is a link to the punch page on eBay, I just typed in Mickey, Pooh, etc.
eBay punch link

Does anyone know if there are any locations at DL or DCA that sell scrapbooking supplies? I am especially looking for the Mickey ear decorative scissors.

Try the World of Disney at their Downtown Disney... you might be able to find some stuff there!!

We were just there 2 weeks ago and I was also disappointed in the selection. In my opinion, Disney is missing out on a BIG business opportunity by not having one store which specializes in all things Disney for scrapbooking. Maybe they are planning more???

Jill

When I was at CKU at WDW in June they mentioned that the store was going to start carrying more items. What they are they didn't say.

If everyone went in and mentioned that or sent letters to Disney about the scrapbooking items I am sure Disney would start carrying more items. They are carrying more than they did several years ago so they are improving.

I'm really surprised with Disney being so up on things that they blew it with there scrapbook store. They would have a GOLD MINE if they would just listen to what the scrapbook boards are saying about there store. They need to keep up with times: nicer paper, change the colors to the papers and stickers so they are colorful instead of the icky pale colors, Character PP, fatter albums with more sizes 7x7, 10x10. Maybe even a combination scrap class and lunch (Iwould sign up for that one)

Magickndm - I have many Disney punches. I have found a couple at Walmart, but Hobby Lobby or Michaels carries most. I visited DTD in December of 2002 and I agree. I was very disappointed in their selection. I was also disappointed that they didn't accept my Disney Club discount - even though my Club discount was good at my resort and at The Wonderful World of Disney both which carried the same scrapbooking supplies.

Happy Scrapbooking!!!

Thanks so much, I looked at our Walmart, but there are very few punches, no Disney ones at all. The prices on eBay aren't bad, I was just trying to eliminate the s&h charges. I don't think I checked Michael's, I'll have to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter