• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes all my questions were answered on the first page :) . I grabbed the deluxe room, I'll run it by my family. I currently have a split stay Grand royal palm club and WL CL booked and paid for on Orbitz. The deluxe room wasn't showing available except for my entire stay.( Not for my current WL CL dates :-/ ) the cost of what I have booked now is about the same price as the deluxe room. It would be nice to be able to stay in one place for the entire 8 nights but we like the Grand Floridian so I need a family powow. Our original plan was to enjoy what we know and love and then try something new.

Honestly, don't let the scaffolding mess up your plans. I barely even noticed it when walking around the property.

Well, three days after booking our trip and getting everything arranged, I was asked to work a different schedule that week. Since the schedule was a better one, I agreed to change our trip dates. Luckily, with only 25 days until our new check in date and we were able to get the same deal as before! Our new dates are 6/20-6/25! And our Magic Bands shipped today! I am working on rescheduling ADRs and FP+ now. Not going as smoothly as it did last time. What a difference it is moving the trip up by 4 days, so fewer available times! This will be the second Father's Day my husband will get in Disney...whew, at least I don't have to worry about finding the perfect gift! Haha!

Well, back to stalking ADRs and FP+!

We are finally returning to WL this October...I am over the moon. This resort is lovely and honestly my favorite!! So happy my children chose it again after trying others!! I'm coming home, Wilderness Lodge!!! :D

Congratulations and welcome. Any trip to WDW is great, but there is something special about getting to return to WL.

Does anyone have pictures of the updated main pool?

The pictures from this post are after the refurbishment: http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...nformation-thread-2015.3372315/#post-52944360

The main pool itself didn't change footprint, but the kids splash area is new and neat.

Congratulations and welcome. Any trip to WDW is great, but there is something special about getting to return to WL.

The pictures from this post are after the refurbishment: http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...nformation-thread-2015.3372315/#post-52944360

The main pool itself didn't change footprint, but the kids splash area is new and neat.

Thank you! We were supposed to stay there last Sept but moved to the Boardwalk when we heard about the pool renovations. We have always loved staying at WL but it was nice being able to walk to Epcot and HS now that DS is older.

At 50 days out now and not excited to be having rotator cuff surgery this week. Wasn't part of our original plan lol. BUT, on the bright side, I am very much looking forward to long afternoon breaks and utilizing CL to really make the most of our first WL stay. :sunny:

I don't blame you for not being excited:scared:, I've heard the recovery time can be very long. No RnRC for you, but lots of R&R and I hope you have a quick recovery.

So excited...we arrive at WLV on Tuesday night!! Cannot wait...first time for my husband and I staying there!! :mickeyjum:goofy:

I hope you are having a magical time!

24 days!!!!!!We just upgraded to CL for our June Trip!!!!!! SO EXCITED! We've never done CL at WL before. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!:cheer2::banana:

What a great upgrade! If you have any questions after looking through all of the CL chapters, let us know. Also, you can add a room location request. For CL rooms there are Woods and CY.

We are back home after a wonderful 1st stay at the Lodge. I don't think I can stay anywhere else now. It was the most relaxing Disney vacation we have had.

We stayed in a standard view room and had room 5050 which is right over the service area. We did not have any issues with noise. We did have an air purifier in the room for white noise. The view we had of Wishes was a great treat and more than made up for being over the service area.

The splash pad was great fun for our 6 & 7 year old. We also enjoyed the pool, but it got pretty crowded in the early afternoon.

I am not sure when the next Disney trip is in the cards, but whenever it is, we want to return to WL. Thanks to this thread for all of the great info and help!

Thanks for posting your little TR and I hope you get to book another trip soon.

Not sure if the resort monorail will be running in the morning. Lots of track maintenance. You may want to take a cab to the Poly. The boat to Contemporary is the way to go.

The beam work only affects the Express monorail. These are the adjusted hours for the monorail:

The Express beam (between the TTC and Magic Kingdom) will shut down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 11:30am and 6pm from 3/10/15 - Summer 2015. An exact end date is not known.

Trying to plan some breakfasts and wondering about best transport and time. 1 at Chef Mickey (7:10) and 1 at Crystal Palace (8:35). How long does it take to get to these places on average. Going in mid August.

There is an early ADR bus that can take you to CR and MK. The actual ride time is only 5 minutes and the MK area bus starts at 0630. Just tell the bus driver where you are going.

There's more early ADR info., timetables, etc... in the TRANSPORTATION chapter HERE.

Yes all my questions were answered on the first page :) . I grabbed the deluxe room, I'll run it by my family. I currently have a split stay Grand royal palm club and WL CL booked and paid for on Orbitz. The deluxe room wasn't showing available except for my entire stay.( Not for my current WL CL dates :-/ ) the cost of what I have booked now is about the same price as the deluxe room. It would be nice to be able to stay in one place for the entire 8 nights but we like the Grand Floridian so I need a family powow. Our original plan was to enjoy what we know and love and then try something new.

So what did everyone think of the Deluxe room?

Well, three days after booking our trip and getting everything arranged, I was asked to work a different schedule that week. Since the schedule was a better one, I agreed to change our trip dates. Luckily, with only 25 days until our new check in date and we were able to get the same deal as before! Our new dates are 6/20-6/25! And our Magic Bands shipped today! I am working on rescheduling ADRs and FP+ now. Not going as smoothly as it did last time. What a difference it is moving the trip up by 4 days, so fewer available times! This will be the second Father's Day my husband will get in Disney...whew, at least I don't have to worry about finding the perfect gift! Haha!

Well, back to stalking ADRs and FP+!
I'll update the Log and I bet DH is going to be very pleased with all your maneuvering:)

Where was the scaffolding located? Is it being set up for the upcoming construction, or something else?

It was last reported being in the WL Courtyard. The scaffolding has been in use for many months and was predicted to be up at least through the end of the year, if not longer. They are doing painting and repairs to the entire Lodge.

We are finally returning to WL this October...I am over the moon. This resort is lovely and honestly my favorite!! So happy my children chose it again after trying others!! I'm coming home, Wilderness Lodge!!! :D

Congratulations! Let us know if you have any questions and happy planning!

I don't blame you for not being excited:scared:, I've heard the recovery time can be very long. No RnRC for you, but lots of R&R and I hope you have a quick recovery.

What a great upgrade! If you have any questions after looking through all of the CL chapters, let us know. Also, you can add a room location request. For CL rooms there are Woods and CY.

Thanks for posting your little TR and I hope you get to book another trip soon.

The beam work only affects the Express monorail. These are the adjusted hours for the monorail:

The Express beam (between the TTC and Magic Kingdom) will shut down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 11:30am and 6pm from 3/10/15 - Summer 2015. An exact end date is not known.

There is an early ADR bus that can take you to CR and MK. The actual ride time is only 5 minutes and the MK area bus starts at 0630. Just tell the bus driver where you are going.

There's more early ADR info., timetables, etc... in the TRANSPORTATION chapter HERE.

I'll update the Log and I bet DH is going to be very pleased with all your maneuvering:)

It was last reported being in the WL Courtyard. The scaffolding has been in use for many months and was predicted to be up at least through the end of the year, if not longer. They are doing painting and repairs to the entire Lodge.

Congratulations! Let us know if you have any questions and happy planning!

Thanks Kook! I was bummed at first not being able to ride some favorites but now dh and I will let our two kids ride those rides twice while we enjoy some other attractions together. This is the first trip with our kids old enough to do things on their own. Could be more relaxing than we planned! So looking forward to the lodge!

We are going to do it :) i just cancelled my two orbitz reservations. We have been to WDW a ton of times and need something new and fresh. We have stayed at all the resorts and all club levels except the WL so something different will be fun. I really like the idea of the extra space. I did online check in and requested highest level and near an elevator. I hope that gets me a courtyard/pool view. I love the view from the deluxe room at the beginning of this thread. I never have room luck though :-/

Looking forward to our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge!!

Hoping someone can give some insight. We were hoping to stay at the WL the week before Thanksgiving (14-21). Though this is a slow time, the cheapest rooms available are the bunk rooms. I'm surprised by this. However, I know a travel agency is selling the WL at a discount right now. I thought I've read in the past that when agencies do this, they will release the unsold rooms back to Disney central booking at a certain point. Does anyone know if this is true? (I prefer not to use this agency, which I know seems like obvious answer ;) ) Also, has anyone had any luck checking and rechecking in case people cancel? When I called reservations, the CM implied Disney simply doesn't make available some rooms for certain combination of nights (heh?).

Last question :) Since I'm used to Courtyard being more expensive than Woods view, I'm surprised that it listed the courtyard bunk room as cheaper than the woods bunk room. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks so much!

So is it a definite must that I try the portabella soup at Artist Point? Been reading up on articles and any mention of the restaurant always raves about the soup more than anything.

Hoping someone can give some insight. We were hoping to stay at the WL the week before Thanksgiving (14-21). Though this is a slow time, the cheapest rooms available are the bunk rooms. I'm surprised by this. However, I know a travel agency is selling the WL at a discount right now. I thought I've read in the past that when agencies do this, they will release the unsold rooms back to Disney central booking at a certain point. Does anyone know if this is true? (I prefer not to use this agency, which I know seems like obvious answer ;) ) Also, has anyone had any luck checking and rechecking in case people cancel? When I called reservations, the CM implied Disney simply doesn't make available some rooms for certain combination of nights (heh?).

Last question :) Since I'm used to Courtyard being more expensive than Woods view, I'm surprised that it listed the courtyard bunk room as cheaper than the woods bunk room. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks so much!

Yes they release rooms ... I've called 3 times a day to get what I needed and I've also been stuck in a bunk bed room lol.

Thanks so much!
Just keep checking to see if a regular room opens up. If the rumored construction becomes a reality then there might be a lot of rooms suddenly opening up. But like the pp said, you could be stuck in a bunk bed room.

I was surprised that Disney made the cost of the woods view rooms almost the same as the courtyard view rooms. Until this year, the woods view rooms were much cheaper. I guess the demand for a woods view room that had a view of the fireworks made them very popular, and Disney is cashing in on it. :)

After 5 nights at YC, heading to WL tonight for 3 nights! . Will probably get there late tonight, but planning to skip parks on Saturday and spend all day hanging at the Lodge. Heading home early Sunday - excited to return to WL! (Stayed there on our last trip in 2011).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter