Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see this thread. Love the pictures and lots of information. A little bummed about possible construction but that's life. We are bringing the kids to WDW 10/3 to 10/8 and staying at the WL. This will be the first Disneyworld trip for the kids and they are beyond excited. Can anyone tell me how crowded the lodge and their pool areas are at the beginning of October? I'm assuming the pools are heated since I hear about people swimming all year.

We travel to Disney at that time every year. Definitely warm enough to swim, in fact very warm! The pools are heated, but that week it won't matter. The days will be very warm and the evenings will not be chilly at all. As far as crowds, not like peak times, but still lots of guests. The WL is a fantastic resort!! You will love it!!

We have a Woods View room. I didn't make any special requests. Yet. :) We're really not picky. But if my son can't sleep because of noise, so help me... >:(

We've stayed at VWL three times...on the first, second, and fifth floors. The biggest source of noise has been from Wishes, which is surprisingly loud. Also, we've been able to hear the music from the electrical water pageant at night, too. I'd recommend a white noise machine and/or a white noise track set to continue play on an iPod. I'm pretty sensitive to noise and Wishes is the only thing that has woken me up at VWL, but I also use white noise.

Time to pack! How chilly do the rooms get? Freeze your knees like most hotels and I should bring a sweatshirt or more temperate?

Time to pack! How chilly do the rooms get? Freeze your knees like most hotels and I should bring a sweatshirt or more temperate?

I usually wear a fleece hoodie on the plane in case I need it in the room. Last time we stayed at WL, it wasn't that cold. Maybe a thinner sweater or hoodie. I guess it depends on how cold you usually get in AC too.

Have a wonderful stay!

Your room will have a thermostat so you can adjust the temp to a comfortable level for you. The resort itself isn't overly cold like some are.

I have booked a courtyard bunk bed room. What's the highest floor I can ask for with an open balcony? Has anyone been able to see fireworks or the water parade from these rooms?

I have booked a courtyard bunk bed room. What's the highest floor I can ask for with an open balcony? Has anyone been able to see fireworks or the water parade from these rooms?
The fifth floor is the highest floor with open balconies, although there are random rooms on lower floors that have enclosed balconies. People have been able to see fireworks from the south wing rooms. The north wing rooms would have a better chance of seeing the water parade than the south wing. Some courtyard rooms face the villas pool, so make sure you ask for inner courtyard.

You can see both the water parade and the high fireworks from the beach. :)

Our trip is almost here and I'm so excited I could pop!! We're having high temps and high humidity here in southeastern Kentucky right now so I'm getting in some "practice" for Disney weather. :thumbsup2
Can't wait for OFC at the beautiful Lodge!!

A new coffee shop offering is currently being tested inside the Territory Lounge, a themed bar located inside Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The shop will operate daily between 7–11 a.m. Guests will be able to choose a variety of items from regular coffee to a Wilderness Bark Latte and much more. As this is a test offering, The Walt Disney World Resort will re-evaluate the offerings and style of service each day and adjust as necessary.
Here is the complete menu that Guests will find at the coffee shop (subject to change at any time):
EIt6ph7.jpg

Guests are encouraged to come and try this new location, which will be available for a limited time.

I have to give major kudos to all the WL CMs. They have been so super to us. Just this evening I went to the front desk after our room phone wouldn't work. I told them about the phone and also asked if they could give us a bedrail. We returned to our room an 1 1/2 later to see both things were taken care of. The front desk CM wasn't even sure we could get us a bedrail this late since the resort is virtually sold out.

We also had a blast at Whispering Canyon. Our waitress was fully into the shtick which added to the experience.

This place is just amazing. Our first deluxe stay has been a hit so far.

A new coffee shop offering is currently being tested inside the Territory Lounge, a themed bar located inside Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The shop will operate daily between 7–11 a.m. Guests will be able to choose a variety of items from regular coffee to a Wilderness Bark Latte and much more.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

If this was posted before I apologize as I've been trying to follow but get behind. We are staying at WL in December. I keep reading about the construction there. Does anyone think this will take away from staying at this resort? This is our first stay at WL and I'm afraid that it will be like what I've read about the Polynesian during their construction phase.

Is there construction going on at the WL now? I just switched to the villas for July and now I'm worried.

Disney has been mailing out construction notices to people who have reservations in the resorts that are under construction. I would think that if they are planning to start any construction by July then they would be mailing out notices soon.

Thanks for the information :)

Hi all. Looking forward to our first WL stay this summer :) I read that itinerary planning would email....they havent. Its been maybe 2 weeks since I booked. I booked on Orbitz tho. I recently read on DIS that reservations booked thru Orbitz get lowest priority :-/ Im a little worried we will wind up with the dumpster view and looked down upon haha for getting a nice deal. I also booked my GF stay thru Orbitz however and received an iPO greeting email within 48 hourss of that booking. (so not sure about the validity of the comment I read regarding Orbitz bookings receiving bottom barrel attention). Im low maintenance. Really all id want is to request a courtyard view but I dont want to even do that if it will be frowned upon due to my use of Orbitz.

Is it common not to receive an ipo email? Anyone else book thru Orbitz and what was your experience?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter