Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't you sweet - thank you. I am SO behind, but DD and I had a wonderful vacation, (some details are on the GF thread;)). Is that a new, shiny ticker I spy? Is the news on your TR thread?
Tomorrow I will be double digits for our December trip! Thanks to an amazing rate on airfare I'm taking my MIL to Disney and Maddie, Kate, Bree and the little man. Brandon doesn't want to miss school. Needing a room for 6 and wanting CL it was between WL and BWI. I wanted to book WL Deluxe but my TA suggested BWI. It's a toughie :)

WDWkook- What a kick in the head... they moved us from one hotel with construction to another hotel with construction??? Thanks for the heads up!

Tomorrow I will be double digits for our December trip! Thanks to an amazing rate on airfare I'm taking my MIL to Disney and Maddie, Kate, Bree and the little man. Brandon doesn't want to miss school. Needing a room for 6 and wanting CL it was between WL and BWI. I wanted to book WL Deluxe but my TA suggested BWI. It's a toughie :)

I guess your TA didn't want you to change like all her other clients have? You'll be able to walk to two parks so that will be mighty convenient and there shouldn't be any construction, and you have a 50/50 chance of actually being on the same floor as the lounge, unlike WL. But, you won't have the French Door separating the bedroom from the living room and the Jack and Jill bathroom. But, I suspect that isn't crucial.

WDWkook- What a kick in the head... they moved us from one hotel with construction to another hotel with construction??? Thanks for the heads up!
If you want to stay in the MK Resort area where there isn't major work going on or amenity closures, (at least that I know of now), then GF and CR are your best choices.

I guess your TA didn't want you to change like all her other clients have? You'll be able to walk to two parks so that will be mighty convenient and there shouldn't be any construction, and you have a 50/50 chance of actually being on the same floor as the lounge, unlike WL. But, you won't have the French Door separating the bedroom from the living room and the Jack and Jill bathroom. But, I suspect that isn't crucial.
My TA did mention all she's been doing is moving people from WL and Poly :( however she should be used to my changes ;) DS loves the buses and was disappointed to walk to Epcot and the boat to DHS so that's kinda a factor too. I'm so conflicted

Going in the way back multi-quoting machine to catch-up with all I missed while on vacation. Thank you to all who answered questions, with special thanks to @GrandCalifornian and @Wood Nymph.
Welcome back, and thank you for setting up this great thread so that we all have somewhere to pop in and post. It sounds like you had a great trip, and got to experience a couple of MK resorts. You gotta love Disney! :)

We've found the Epcot bus to always be the longest wait. But, after just spending 10 nights at monorail resorts, we really missed that Epcot bus. The monorail was often down, completely full or very slow to arrive and we wished we had a bus option.
We have always felt that even though the Epcot bus isn't our favorite mode of transportation, it is a nice perk that WL offers and no other MK area deluxe does. We often find it especially useful to come back from the park, when we are more worn out and don't want to deal with the monorail and multiple modes of transportation.

We got back last week from our wonderful trip the the WL. It started off a little bumpy in that our request for a high floor was not granted and we were given a 1st floor bunk bed room, since they were at capacity. They did put in a request for a room change for the next day. My kids hated sleeping in the bunk beds, they're only 4 & 7, the 4yo kept hitting her head and the 7yo was a little scared of being on the top. So thank goodness we were moved the next day to 6108, which was a south facing woods view room. We could see the scaffolding to our right from the balcony, and could peer down on the workers below, but it didn't disrupt us at all.

Bus service was phenomenal, I'm not sure if we were lucky or what, but we never waited more than 5 minutes to or from any park and often one arrived just as we did. They weren't overly crowded, the only time we had people standing was back from AK. The boats were great, too, always timely and relaxing.

We ate at Roaring Forks, Whispering Canyon & Territory Lounge. Roaring Forks was good for what it is, we were disappointed in WC, the food was just meh and the antics got annoying after a while to me & DH, but the kids loved it. Territory Lounge was great, a taste of Artists Point without needed an ADR, I wanted to lick my bowl of mushroom soup it was phenomenal.

Not sure when we'll be back in the World again, but will definitely put WL on the top of our list of places to stay again.

That's awesome that they did that for you guys. I was wondering if that would be a possibility. We are going to Disney for our 2nd time in October and we ended up having to do a split stay between WL and POR. My kids are dying to stay at WL. I haven't been able to snag a room for the entire week. Maybe I'll ask when we get there. Just curious, did they charge you more and did you have a package (dining tickets resort) booked already?
We did have to pay the difference between the POR room and the WL room...we are here using a cast member discount so the difference was about $100 a night so it was about $600 more... In my opinion, so worth it.

We were not on a package.

I'm within online check-in times now. I paid off my package and told them I'd like a high floor, but not the highest so I don't have those enclosed balconies and to be far from construction. Hope it works out well. And if it ends up giving me Wishes views too, that'd be nice.

As of last month, yes. $6.49 each.

Do you remember how many bottles of water were in a case? We are coming in Oct. and all we drink is water and like having bottled water in our room. This is the first time we're flying down (we usually drive and bring some with us) and trying to figure the best way to have water in our room this time. If they sell it at the resort, that might be our best option.

Do you remember how many bottles of water were in a case? We are coming in Oct. and all we drink is water and like having bottled water in our room. This is the first time we're flying down (we usually drive and bring some with us) and trying to figure the best way to have water in our room this time. If they sell it at the resort, that might be our best option.
There are 24 - 13 oz bottles in the case. They also have gallon bottles of spring water. There are quite a few grocery items available in the Mercantile to supply the villas which have full kitchens.
Anyone know if men can wear sandals in Artist Point? Not flip flops, but Birkinstocks?
We have eaten there twice, once just this past Monday, and people do dress up a little. I don't think I saw anyone wearing shorts or tee shirts. But I honestly don't know if they would stop someone from dining there if they showed up in sandals. I'm not sure if anyone would even look at your footwear.

ETA: thanks, dansdad for the correction ;)

Last edited:
We did have to pay the difference between the POR room and the WL room...we are here using a cast member discount so the difference was about $100 a night so it was about $600 more... In my opinion, so worth it.

We were not on a package.

Thank you so much for the info! I am kind of hoping that we get to stay once we are there as well. I just wanted to be prepared for the extra cost if needed. Thanks for being so helpful.

We added an additional day onto our Disney stay. We had to go from a woods view to a courtyard view. Can anyone give me recommendations as to the best location and floor(s) to request in terms of view and avoiding construction? I requested the highest floor below club level, but I'm not sure that was the smartest thing to do.

We added an additional day onto our Disney stay. We had to go from a woods view to a courtyard view. Can anyone give me recommendations as to the best location and floor(s) to request in terms of view and avoiding construction? I requested the highest floor below club level, but I'm not sure that was the smartest thing to do.
The highest floor below club level is a good choice. I would add inner courtyard in order to avoid construction, since most of the construction should be in the villas courtyard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!