Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since our last WL stay, I think it's been like 5 years or so but I just changed (again) over to WL, CY view. I still have a Dolphin reservation for the same time, and had booked Coronado Springs Business Class but since it'll be me and three college girls and a super fast trip (Halloween Party and Food and Wine) I thought that theWL location was better than CS as we'll probably end both nights at MK. In our past two stays we've been CY view, both regular and club level. IIRC, cart-mom You can't really see Wishes that well from CY view, I think Woods view gave a better view. CY view will give you a great view of the Electric Water parade and the geyser though.

We booked our WL trip for 1/24-31. My daughters' first WDW trip, and first on-site stay! My TA was aware of the construction, but she sent me the email she received and we decided on a woods view room. Guess when we get closer I know now to request a higher floor, north wing! Thank you so much for this thread, so much information.

I just received my letter today letting me know about the construction from Disney Destinations. Havn't checked me email yet, though.

Thank you, @Annalisk19 for your kind comments. The military 40% off makes those WL CL rooms a relative "bargain" by WDW Resort standards. Congratulations on booking it!

Views aren't bookable with a CL room at WL, they are classified as Standard ROOMS not views. There aren't any SV rooms on the CL floor, only Woods and Courtyard, in both wings. If you want the North Wing, just request that. You can add that to your reservation at any time after booking by simply emailing the IPO. Just include your last name and reservation number in the subject line.
Thank you so much for your reply and the information provided. Yes, even the Disney booking agent I booked the room through couldn't believe it was so inexpensive. We were really thankful we got such a good price at a Deluxe, period.

A-ha! I couldn't believe that the CL rooms would had views of the parking lots, but I could never find specific information on views beyond calling the resort (and as weird as it sounds, I didn't want to be one of THOSE people).

I have since sent an email to our IPO numbering our requests. Courtyard/Pool view is first (not picky on wing), then Magic Kingdom View in north wing. However, simply knowing I won't have to stare at the delivery area makes it all okay!

Thank you again for all your insight! I really appreciate it!

- Annalisk

Thank you so much for your reply and the information provided. Yes, even the Disney booking agent I booked the room through couldn't believe it was so inexpensive. We were really thankful we got such a good price at a Deluxe, period.

A-ha! I couldn't believe that the CL rooms would had views of the parking lots, but I could never find specific information on views beyond calling the resort (and as weird as it sounds, I didn't want to be one of THOSE people).

I have since sent an email to our IPO numbering our requests. Courtyard/Pool view is first (not picky on wing), then Magic Kingdom View in north wing. However, simply knowing I won't have to stare at the delivery area makes it all okay!

Thank you again for all your insight! I really appreciate it!

- Annalisk
Request Inner Courtyard for a view of the theme pool and geyser, there is also a courtyard view that overlooks the quiet pool which is starting refurbishment soon

Just sharing my misery here, LOL. We have had a free dining bounce back trip booked since our trip last August for 12 nights this August. (Arriving on the 23rd). We were at the WL the last two years, and my wife wanted to save some money this year and stay mod, so we chose CBR. (A resort we like and have not stayed at for at least 8 trips). Low and behold, she tells me yesterday she has been thinking about things, and wondered if I could still book a WL trip. I said happily, SURE!!!! I'll do that right now! Well, long story short, I guess this close to leaving, with a 12 night trip, there are no standard, or even woods view rooms available. :( (I know, real first world problem right, LOL). The only things available are CY view and Bunk rooms which push the trip up a LOT more than I thought they would. (Over 6K VS $3800 at CBR and roughly $5300 at WL in a standard room). Ouch on all that!

Anyway, again, just sharing disappointment here, and wondering if anyone thinks there is even a remote possibility of a standard room opening up over the next few weeks. Worth watching the Disney web site, calling etc. Not that we won't have a fantastic trip either way, but man, it's gonna hurt when we eat at Whispering Canyon and have to leave that gorgeous lobby!

Just sharing my misery here, LOL. We have had a free dining bounce back trip booked since our trip last August for 12 nights this August. (Arriving on the 23rd). We were at the WL the last two years, and my wife wanted to save some money this year and stay mod, so we chose CBR. (A resort we like and have not stayed at for at least 8 trips). Low and behold, she tells me yesterday she has been thinking about things, and wondered if I could still book a WL trip. I said happily, SURE!!!! I'll do that right now! Well, long story short, I guess this close to leaving, with a 12 night trip, there are no standard, or even woods view rooms available. :( (I know, real first world problem right, LOL). The only things available are CY view and Bunk rooms which push the trip up a LOT more than I thought they would. (Over 6K VS $3800 at CBR and roughly $5300 at WL in a standard room). Ouch on all that!

Anyway, again, just sharing disappointment here, and wondering if anyone thinks there is even a remote possibility of a standard room opening up over the next few weeks. Worth watching the Disney web site, calling etc. Not that we won't have a fantastic trip either way, but man, it's gonna hurt when we eat at Whispering Canyon and have to leave that gorgeous lobby!

Would you consider a split stay? Since you'll be there for 12 nights, you could split 6/6 or 5/7 or however it would work for you. You might be able to book a standard room for fewer days and/or book the courtyard view room because the price won't be as much since you won't be there for the whole 12 nights. We just did a split stay last month and loved it; it's like two vacations in one.

My DH really wants to stay at the WL next summer as it's his favorite resort and we haven't stayed there for a few years. With the construction we are strongly considering a split stay.

Would you consider a split stay? Since you'll be there for 12 nights, you could split 6/6 or 5/7 or however it would work for you. You might be able to book a standard room for fewer days and/or book the courtyard view room because the price won't be as much since you won't be there for the whole 12 nights. We just did a split stay last month and loved it; it's like two vacations in one.

My DH really wants to stay at the WL next summer as it's his favorite resort and we haven't stayed there for a few years. With the construction we are strongly considering a split stay.

Actually thinking about a split stay now! Rooms are available for the second half of trip, Sunday through Friday. Would not add that much cost, and we could "move" Sunday morning. I'm kicking myself for not just booking WL last year with the bounce back. It is my absolute favorite resort. So much so, that if offered a free stay anywhere, I'd probably choose it over even the Poly or Contemporary. Problem is, and my reason for booking mod last year, it does add up. I never even realized how much more you pay for even a "view" until trying to find rooms the past few days. It can come close to the cost of a 2nd trip entirely at a lower category resort.

Split stay is a great idea and we do this all the time! It's tough with 12 nights, but we often find more availability in the days leading up to our trip. I'm a resort-changer and often check the website right before our trip begins.

For example, we're arriving for a quick trip next week and booked AKL pool view. Yesterday, the previously unavailable WL popped up with an AP discount so we switched! Now we're staying WL courtyard for only $19 more per night than AKL pool view!

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I started second guessing myself for the upcoming quickie weekend trip I'm making with my daughters and their friend for the Halloween Party and Food & Wine. I finally just gave in and booked CY view at WL at rack rate because the only availability with the discount is deluxe room and it's over $100 more per night. We really won't need club offerings this time because we will literally only be in the room to sleep but I really love the boat ride "home" from Magic Kingdom and that's where we'll be spending our late nights soooooooooo........

I have 2 more full days before we leave for the lodge!! Just got off work and i'm beat - I just want to throw in some laundry and wish that pile of random things on my bedroom floor magically into a suitcase! Ugh I need to get the suitcases out of the attic! I hate this part :rolleyes1 I'm so excited I can't stand it and all of a sudden I feel like I've forgotten everything I ever learned here on the DIS!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Haven't heard about any South Tower construction noise lately. Anyone there now that can report on the jack hammering that was heard so much weeks ago. We're there on Friday!!

We booked Inner courtyard and north wing. I'd prefer higher floor over North wing if the noise is not an issue. We're early risers and no nappers so it shouldn't be a problem for us if there is some noise. I work in a hospital and there is construction going on above us and today I sort of giggled in my head "I'll just pretend I'm at WL!". I went to my happy place.

I feel your pain. I started second guessing myself for the upcoming quickie weekend trip I'm making with my daughters and their friend for the Halloween Party and Food & Wine. I finally just gave in and booked CY view at WL at rack rate because the only availability with the discount is deluxe room and it's over $100 more per night. We really won't need club offerings this time because we will literally only be in the room to sleep but I really love the boat ride "home" from Magic Kingdom and that's where we'll be spending our late nights soooooooooo........

We went to the Halloween Party when we stayed at the WL last year and it was very convenient to travel to and from the party from the lodge. :)

We went to the Halloween Party when we stayed at the WL last year and it was very convenient to travel to and from the party from the lodge. :)
Well, I made the mistake of looking again today and was able to change to a lagoon view room at the Polynesian with the discount for $50 more per night than the CY room at WL. With four females I think that the larger room is a better fit for us, plus transportation is a little better for our quick trip.

Well, I made the mistake of looking again today and was able to change to a lagoon view room at the Polynesian with the discount for $50 more per night than the CY room at WL. With four females I think that the larger room is a better fit for us, plus transportation is a little better for our quick trip.
Your transportation will be even better. The Poly will be nice for your group and you'll have more room. :)

Your transportation will be even better. The Poly will be nice for your group and you'll have more room. :)

That's my thought, with my "extra" child ( she's my daughter's best friend and has been with us to WDW before) I feel like the extra room will help. Our last stay with her I had two connecting rooms at AKL and that worked (hubby went too) but I remember how tight those rooms can get, plus we're going to do the MNSSHP on our arrival day so this will give us better transportation options (boat and monorail). Plus, we can get our Dole Whip fix!!

2 weeks until we're home!! Quick question, we will be doing the horseback riding at FW . I know you need to wear tennies (non-open toed shoes) but what about on your legs, do they have requirements on long pants or can you wear shorts? TIA!!

2 weeks until we're home!! Quick question, we will be doing the horseback riding at FW . I know you need to wear tennies (non-open toed shoes) but what about on your legs, do they have requirements on long pants or can you wear shorts? TIA!!
I couldn't find anything direct from Disney saying that long pants are required, but some third party sites say they are and we chose to wear long pants when we did the trail ride in 2007 and everyone else did too. Afterward we stopped back by WL and changed back into shorts.
With 2 weeks to go you must be super excited. Congratulations!!!

By chance, does anyone have an August calendar of events they could scan and post?

By chance, does anyone have an August calendar of events they could scan and post?

The August schedule is located on the first page, in the first post. Just click the link for the "Most recently posted WL/VWL recreation and movie schedule" and it takes you right to the scanned doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter