Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! A few things to keep in mind when making your decision:

The resort is undergoing a large construction project. Many amenities are closed such as the beach, kids' club, wooded trail, quiet pool, marina and boat rentals, some seating areas and the entire South Wing and its elevators. All the details are hyperlinked at the top of POST 1.

Also, the OFC lounge is closed because the South Wing is closed. However, a new lounge is being built, but the lounge is temporarily located in the VP Suite. I haven't heard yet when the new lounge will open, but maybe it will by the time you're there.

The Deluxe rooms are not located on the 7th floor where the lounge and check-in is (Old Faithful Club). The rooms are on floors 1-6 only. They are about 500 SF and have two balconies and sleep 6. More info. is in the DELUXE ROOM chapter.

The food is tasty and plentiful and the CMs are kind and thoughtful, but there are no hot items or protein at breakfast. Wine and beer can beer requested anytime. There is more info. in the CLUB LEVEL chapter of this thread:)

Thanks for your comments!

I decided to go with Port Orleans Riverside after much thought...however; I may go a day early and stay in a standard room at WL as there is a super cheap FL res. deal right now...actually less than my POR room...but it's only available that one night..... I may do that as I can get a good night's sleep and check out early and use the whole day Friday at Epcot for F & W and not have to worry about driving up in the morning. I'm about a 2.5 hour drive south. I think Friday might be less crowded than Saturday as most locals are working. then Saturday and Sunday I can just relax at resort.
They do have a CL standard room available at $100 more,,,but not sure it will be worth it.

Last edited:
BTW...I looked on Tapatalk to see if Disboards is on that APP, but could not find it....Does DISBOARDS have one? I used it for another cruise forum and I uploaded a trip report from my Med Cruise so easily....similar to posting on facebook. I tried to do a trip report using Photobucket...but it was just too time consuming.

A brief update, haven't had time yet to organize photos, but wanted to let you all know that the OFC now has hard boiled eggs alternating with cheese and ham as proteins at breakfast. It is one or the other, in a mostly every other day pattern. There are also some wonderful new pastries included a fabulous pecan bun that we had one of the four days I was there. The food was outstanding, as usual.

Mike was my check in CM so I asked right away about the progress on the new lounge. He said they are all wishing for the new lounge to open by Christmas so guests can enjoy it during the holiday, but realistically it may not be ready until 2017. He said they are still in heavy demolition mode now. The south wing rooms have been completely gutted - you can see through the whole floor from one balcony to the other now on the upper floors. He said he is super excited about the plans for the new lounge. Because things can change so much during a project they aren't talking about details yet, but he said he expects us to be happy with the new home for the lounge.

I have to get off to work now, having really long days since I got home, but will get photos and more details out soon!

Thank you so much for this information, @Circusgirl! Great news about the addition of some protein at breakfast and that the new lounge will be better than ever. I will update the CL chapter with your information.

Hope you have an easy workday and we're all looking forward to your always fabulous fotos.

BTW...I looked on Tapatalk to see if Disboards is on that APP, but could not find it....Does DISBOARDS have one? I used it for another cruise forum and I uploaded a trip report from my Med Cruise so easily....similar to posting on facebook. I tried to do a trip report using Photobucket...but it was just too time consuming.

When the DIS moved to the Xenforo hosting platform, the app was no longer needed. Xenforo is so user-friendly and you don't need to upload photos to a photo-sharing website any longer. Please see my photo posting directions on the previous page.

Well, you were right WDWKook...it was super easy. I think I will do a Trip report from my last stay at Poly and will do one of my upcoming DCL cruise...thanks!

As long as the tickets are properly linked and show-up in your MDX account then you're good to go. However, you won't be able to charge anything to your account until you've physically checked-in and shown your credit card.

awesome thanks. I'll have my gifts cards on me if I want to buy anything.

I was wondering if anyone knew when the construction work will be done. I know it says 2017, and we will be going in May 2017. Just trying to plan ahead if things will still be closed in Spring. (Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't find it in the thread)

I was wondering if anyone knew when the construction work will be done. I know it says 2017, and we will be going in May 2017. Just trying to plan ahead if things will still be closed in Spring. (Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't find it in the thread)
Welcome!

HERE is the link to the WL DVC Expansion thread that has more information. The link is also at the top of POST 1. Sorry, but we have no idea when all the closed amenities will re-open. The only estimate that I could find in all the public permit documents was an April 2017 completion. Many think this date is too optimistic.

Welcome!

HERE is the link to the WL DVC Expansion thread that has more information. The link is also at the top of POST 1. Sorry, but we have no idea when all the closed amenities will re-open. The only estimate that I could find in all the public permit documents was an April 2017 completion. Many think this date is too optimistic.

Oh thanks! Sorry I hadn't seen that thread. Looks like the impact to your stay is pretty minimal and I've always wanted to stay at WL so I think we will go for it!!

@fauntleroy1953, I was just looking through some GF photos I took in August and look what I came across sitting right by their feature pool, (and of course I took a photo of it:laughing:)

View attachment 184760
You made me smile!! Thanks so much for finding that pic! Well, I'll bring my floaty seat and like you said,hope Mike springs me from WL Timeout if I get an official Lifeguard Nay Nay Not Here wave of the hand.

Oh thanks! Sorry I hadn't seen that thread. Looks like the impact to your stay is pretty minimal and I've always wanted to stay at WL so I think we will go for it!!

No apologies, @TeamEvansGo. I think you're booked at a good time. There's the possibility that the construction might be wrapping up around that time and some of the amenities will have re-opened. If not, the resort will probably still be at a lower capacity which is so nice. Just keep an open mind about what may still be unavailable or still under construction in May. As amenities start to re-open, someone will post here about them, so stay tuned.

You made me smile!! Thanks so much for finding that pic! Well, I'll bring my floaty seat and like you said,hope Mike springs me from WL Timeout if I get an official Lifeguard Nay Nay Not Here wave of the hand.

I'm sure Mike and Loyda will have your back...and your floaty.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

My family and I are long time travelers to WDW. When my kids were little we were die-hard WL fans during the spring months, when they started school and couldn't take them out we adjusted our dates to July. My DD needs shade so we started staying at the Grand for the use of cabana's and of course the monorail. Now that their in college and they have the whole month of January off, we decided to go to WDW for 4 nights and back to WL since there's no need for cabanas.

Anyway, long story short, we can't wait to spend some time with an old favorite. Is there any chance for seeing some Christmas decorations January 9th? Is anyone familiar with the weather?

Is there any chance for seeing some Christmas decorations January 9th? Is anyone familiar with the weather?
We checked into the WL on Saturday, Jan 9th this year. We were surprised to find that the Magic Kingdom still had their Christmas decorations up. The castle looked gorgeous with the Christmas lights. But I think the Christmas decorations were being taken down on Monday.

It seemed to me that the weather was in the high 60's during most of the days of our trip. January weather isn't usually very warm.

We checked into the WL on Saturday, Jan 9th this year. We were surprised to find that the Magic Kingdom still had their Christmas decorations up. The castle looked gorgeous with the Christmas lights. But I think the Christmas decorations were being taken down on Monday.

It seemed to me that the weather was in the high 60's during most of the days of our trip. January weather isn't usually very warm.

Thanks so much!

Honestly, I am hoping it will a little warmer but I still can't wait to enjoy the parks without the July heat.

Hi all!
We have an ADR for Chef Mickey's on Tuesday, Dec 06 at 7:25 am. I'm really trying to find a later time, but if I can't, then we'll be keeping this early one.
Is the boat the best option at that time of day? I'm really trying to sleep in as late as I can! ;) It's our first stay at WL so I'm not quite familiar with the transportation...
Any guesses as to how long it will take to get from WL to CR in the morning? I used the link on the first page to figure out travel times, but I wasn't sure if it would still be accurate so early in the morning. As of right now, the park opening time for MK that day is 9:00 and it's also a MVMCP day, so I don't expect there to be a lot of traffic for MK yet at that time of the morning.
Thanks!

Thanks so much!

Honestly, I am hoping it will a little warmer but I still can't wait to enjoy the parks without the July heat.
We have been twice in late January and wore shorts the whole time (except at night). Temps were probably around 75-80 our whole trip. It was perfect! Just wanted you to know that you could get warm weather in January.

Last edited:
Hi all!
We have an ADR for Chef Mickey's on Tuesday, Dec 06 at 7:25 am. I'm really trying to find a later time, but if I can't, then we'll be keeping this early one.
Is the boat the best option at that time of day? I'm really trying to sleep in as late as I can! ;) It's our first stay at WL so I'm not quite familiar with the transportation...
Any guesses as to how long it will take to get from WL to CR in the morning? I used the link on the first page to figure out travel times, but I wasn't sure if it would still be accurate so early in the morning. As of right now, the park opening time for MK that day is 9:00 and it's also a MVMCP day, so I don't expect there to be a lot of traffic for MK yet at that time of the morning.
Thanks!
The boat ride to CR from WL takes about 5 minutes. The boats run approximately 20 minutes apart.

The MK bus is direct and doesn't stop at the Contemporary but the Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs buses stop at CR after picking up at WL. I just don't know how early they run. The Epcot bus goes to Fort Wilderness so don't get on that one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter