Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read somewhere on the boards that some people are getting $100 a day taken off their bill because of the construction. We'll be there 12/11-19. How do I get info concerning this possible deduction?
I called guest relations and got the discount. You did have to be booked before the construction was announced though.

I've read somewhere on the boards that some people are getting $100 a day taken off their bill because of the construction. We'll be there 12/11-19. How do I get info concerning this possible deduction?
It's not a $100 a day off your room bill..Its like a tab to spend on Disney property..Food..drink..souvenirs..etc..Example..If your staying for 7 days, then you have $700 to spend..

It's not a $100 a day off your room bill..Its like a tab to spend on Disney property..Food..drink..souvenirs..etc..Example..If your staying for 7 days, then you have $700 to spend..
They must have changed it....I got my bill reduced. But spending money would be nice too!

They must have changed it....I got my bill reduced. But spending money would be nice too!

I think it depends if you are UK or US. USA guest seem to be getting refunds, but UK guests are getting credits. I guess it is due to the way that the WDTC UK invoices the US hotels.

We received a letter in August regarding the upcoming construction. Our travel agent called and was able to get us $100 off a night up to a max of $700.

Christmas decorations are up all over the lodge as of this morning. We are on the lobby floor near the store and we have not heard any construction noise. I thought it might start up today since it is a workday, but we haven't heard anything. We have been out at the pool this afternoon and had a wonderful time. There are some workers near the scaffolding on the villas side, but they are quiet. Great trip, as always!

We booked as a BB when we're there a year ago,before construction started. We are CL, if that matters. We were receiving MANY phone calls from guest relations, that we kept missing,about two months ago. We were finally home when another call came through. We were told there would be construction going on and they said they needed to know that we knew then, a follow up letter came a few days later. Neither the phone call or letter mentioned the possibility of a credit of any kind. 12/11-19 will be our third year in a row doing WL CL, so it's not like we're total strangers. You'd think they would want to offer up something. Last year,we decided to finally take the time to use the pool and, yep, that was under construction!
We booked this BB ourselves,didn't use a TA. Do we wait until we show up to ask for a little compensation or is it something we should feel out beforehand? I'm not demanding or have a definite expectation - I just think there's nothing lost by asking. If the answer is nope, we're no worse off than before we asked....

We booked as a BB when we're there a year ago,before construction started. We are CL, if that matters. We were receiving MANY phone calls from guest relations, that we kept missing,about two months ago. We were finally home when another call came through. We were told there would be construction going on and they said they needed to know that we knew then, a follow up letter came a few days later. Neither the phone call or letter mentioned the possibility of a credit of any kind. 12/11-19 will be our third year in a row doing WL CL, so it's not like we're total strangers. You'd think they would want to offer up something. Last year,we decided to finally take the time to use the pool and, yep, that was under construction!
We booked this BB ourselves,didn't use a TA. Do we wait until we show up to ask for a little compensation or is it something we should feel out beforehand? I'm not demanding or have a definite expectation - I just think there's nothing lost by asking. If the answer is nope, we're no worse off than before we asked....
You should definitely ask ahead of time. Call the number that's in the letter and tell them you just found out about the construction and want to know what your options are, because you're not happy about it. The first CM I spoke to just went through the whole spiel about how it won't affect our stay, what the hours of construction are, blah, blah, blah. I just repeated that I was disappointed and asked what options were available for avoiding the construction. At that point is when they transferred me to a different guest relations line and gave me the choice between a resort change (at no additional charge) or the $100 off/night. They don't offer it up unless you call and specifically ask for some kind of compensation.

ETA - I didn't have to demand it or get angry or anything. The first CM didn't seem that she had the "power" to offer any compensation. As soon as she transferred me, the second CM rattled off the options right away.

Thanks so much. I'm definitely not the demanding kind of person, but more of a subtle, nothing ventured nothing gained type of person. Your approach sounds like my approach.it would have been nice if something was offered up either in the phone call or letter - would have saved me a phone call now. I seldom,if ever speak up about stuff that happens. I usually just shrug it off and put it on my,well now we know for the future,list. But this is the second year in a row there's construction at WL. We pick WL because it's so opposite our tropical,tourist town environment. We look forward to the peace and quiet. I'm all for renovation/upkeep,but two years in a row..........

I'm the same way. I'm soooo not confrontational. But frankly, this trip is a big splurge for me, so if I'm going to break the bank to stay at a deluxe, I want it to be as close to perfect as possible. I was very calm about it and just expressed how disappointed I was. And the second CM didn't ask any questions at all before giving me my options - she got right to business. :) It was a pretty quick and easy call for me. I'm sure it depends on the CM you get, but the two I spoke with were great.

Hello WL lovers! I'm busy planning our upcoming June 2016 stay at this resort. I booked a BB a few months ago and toyed with switching due to construction, but I think I've committed to going with WL. My DH and I spent a week here back in 2001, and we just recently celebrated DH's 40th birthday with a quick adults only trip back in August. We will be taking the kids for their first visit next year. I think they're going to love it!

We're a family of five, so I'm so thrilled that the villas offer (relatively) affordable accommodations for us. Has anyone stayed in the villas on a cash ressie? Is there mousekeeping every day? What about access to laundry facilities? We'll be staying 9 nights, and I know I can't go that long without washing clothes.

My DH and I fell in love with the Territory Lounge, in particular the Mushroom Bisque. I'm considering an AP ressie, but with three kids and us not being "foodies," I'm wondering if it's worth it? We did WCC last time and found it fun, so that will probably be an option.

Thanks for this wonderful thread!

You may yet be able to rent points for the villas; a lot of DVC are staying away due t the construction. The 1BR has an in-unit W/D and is likely cheaper than the studio as a cash reservation, unless the BB is amazing. Studio villas have access to a free laundry area.

as anyone stayed in the villas on a cash ressie? Is there mousekeeping every day? What about access to laundry facilities?
You will get daily housekeeping with a cash reservation. And there are free laundry facilities for VWL guests.

My DH and I fell in love with the Territory Lounge, in particular the Mushroom Bisque. I'm considering an AP ressie, but with three kids and us not being "foodies," I'm wondering if it's worth it? We did WCC last time and found it fun, so that will probably be an option.
We love the Territory Lounge, too. We've been there so many times now that the waitress calls me by my first name. :) They will let you order off the Artist Point menu. And you can order kids meals for the kids. We had a lovely dinner with our daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren. The adults ate appetizers and the kids had something from the kids menu.

I booked my Dec. stay through Orbitz in July. Would I be able to call to get a possible credit for construction? I ask because on a previous reservation I called to make my room request and they told me the request would have to come through Orbitz.

Have any of my fellow Dis people had any experiences with peanut allergies and staying club level? If there is anything in the offerings that has peanuts we can't risk cross contamination. I'm a little freaked out. :scared:

Have any of my fellow Dis people had any experiences with peanut allergies and staying club level? If there is anything in the offerings that has peanuts we can't risk cross contamination. I'm a little freaked out. :scared:

My son has a severe peanut allergy. When we arrived we mentioned it to the CM's working in CL and they brought us over a huge binder listing every offering with their list of ingredients. It was very helpful! the desserts are the biggest problem, but you should be able to find plenty to pick on during the afternoon and evening snacks. Enjoy!

Looking at the photos in the FAQ of this thread, there seems to often be a peanut butter and jelly dessert out, so that would be the main concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter