Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are new DVC members looking to take my mom to Disney with us in May - we currently have a Studio booked at the Polynesian since it's our home resort, but are considering trying to snag a 1BR for some extra space.

I think it would be great to be close to the Magic Kingdom, since I love that park and it's a good way to get that "wow" feel of some of the Deluxe resorts (to me, at least). So I'm looking at WL because it's a little better on points than Bay Lake - any clue what the construction might be like by the time we would be going? That and the transportation are the things that concern me - we want the trip to be awesome for my mom, and construction noise would definitely not be the best thing :P

I know we might not know anything about this yet, but hopefully some of you who have been staying recently could chime in if possible :)

I don't think that the construction schedule for the new cabins has been announced yet. But most likely the villas that face Bay Lake will be facing major construction. In my opinion, this is not the best time to stay in a villa.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much a taxi would be from Universal to The Wilderness Lodge?

If you feel comfortable using Uber, it's less expensive. Our round trip to and from WL to Royal Pacific was less than $60 after using the "first timers" coupon code. Just a thought! We had a great experience with it.

Enjoy your trip!!

If you feel comfortable using Uber, it's less expensive. Our round trip to and from WL to Royal Pacific was less than $60 after using the "first timers" coupon code. Just a thought! We had a great experience with it.

Enjoy your trip!!
We are starting to consider Uber. It is considerably less expensive than a taxi. Going to Universal for three days back and forth , could get expensive really quickly !

I have a quick question I'm hoping somebody can answer. We are staying in a villa on rented points. My in-laws are also staying in a villa on points and they didn't realize that they wouldn't be getting clean towels each day. I told them, but they are used to using clean towels every day at home so didn't remember. Anyway, we had an extra towel and wash cloth we didn't use so we let them have it. We intended to put a towel and washcloth back in our room, but forgot and today was day 4 so we got clean ones. So now I'm wondering if mouse keeping counts the towels and we'll be charged because we were missing one. Does anybody know what I should do about it?

I have a quick question I'm hoping somebody can answer. We are staying in a villa on rented points. My in-laws are also staying in a villa on points and they didn't realize that they wouldn't be getting clean towels each day. I told them, but they are used to using clean towels every day at home so didn't remember. Anyway, we had an extra towel and wash cloth we didn't use so we let them have it. We intended to put a towel and washcloth back in our room, but forgot and today was day 4 so we got clean ones. So now I'm wondering if mouse keeping counts the towels and we'll be charged because we were missing one. Does anybody know what I should do about it?

No need to do anything. There's nothing to worry about. :thumbsup2

Two quick questions, sorry if asked previously:

1) How "kid-friendly" is the WL tour? I have a 4.5 and a 6.5 year old, both of whom tend to get a bit squirmy after a while. Thoughts/tips?

2) For an early morning ADR at MK before it opens, what is the quickest way to get from WL to MK? Bus or boat?

Two quick questions, sorry if asked previously:

1) How "kid-friendly" is the WL tour? I have a 4.5 and a 6.5 year old, both of whom tend to get a bit squirmy after a while. Thoughts/tips?

2) For an early morning ADR at MK before it opens, what is the quickest way to get from WL to MK? Bus or boat?

1. We did it with our son when he was 5 and it went well. He really enjoyed it. And he was squirmy too!

2. Bus is quicker at 5 minutes. The boat ride is about 12 minutes.

Make sure you check out the Transportation post, post #14, of this thread for great detailed information and tips on getting to and from the WL. :thumbsup2

When we did the tour there wasn't anyone younger than 40 on it. I don't know if the tour was any different because there were only adults taking it, but it was a lot of history and standing around. We found it very interesting but I think young children would be very bored during it.

I had asked my fellow WL loves prior about this and received some great info, so thank you! I have one more question though, what are the benefits to booking your trip 499 in advance? Other than you get the room, does it save you any money bc the rates will be for right now and not 2017? Things like that. I also want to be sure that if and when a discount becomes available I can apply it to the vacation? There has always been a room discount available during the time frame I'm looking at for the past 5 years at least, it's May 2017 we are looking at. Thank you!

I had asked my fellow WL loves prior about this and received some great info, so thank you! I have one more question though, what are the benefits to booking your trip 499 in advance? Other than you get the room, does it save you any money bc the rates will be for right now and not 2017? Things like that. I also want to be sure that if and when a discount becomes available I can apply it to the vacation? There has always been a room discount available during the time frame I'm looking at for the past 5 years at least, it's May 2017 we are looking at. Thank you!
I have always waited until the discount became available and always got a room....even six months out. I do know that if you book ahead, you are not guaranteed to get a discount if it comes out. A lot of people got burned with free dining this year, and didn't get to add it to their reservation because they only release a certain number of rooms for the discounts, and that number is based on how many rooms are already booked. I don't know if this helps, but have a great trip!

Ok fellow Disboarders! Does anyone have any inside info on when the Wilderness Lodge tree is going up this year???? I have searched, and it seems it went up about nine or ten days out every year except last year.....we are there Nov. 14-18, so that window would cover our stay :) All any CM will say is that it's before Thanksgiving, but I know there is a schedule :) Thanks!

One more question! Is anyone currently staying there and can show the room only bounce back that supposedly came out a few days ago??? I need to see the dates for next year :)

Do you think it would be ok to book a villa fall of 2016? The peacefulness of the lodge is what we love about it. We love the VWL! That's where we stayed in 2012 when we got married :)

There really isn't benefit to booking a room 499 days out unless you want to guarantee that you will get a room for your dates. If you plan to go during a very popular time, like Christmas week, a time when there never are any discounts, then go ahead and book it. But, Disney will not guarantee the room rate if you book before that year's room rates are released. If you book a room with a 2017 date before the 2017 dates are announced, then they will adjust your reservation so that you are paying 2017 prices once those prices are announced.

If they announce a discount and there is availability for your dates, resort and room type, then they will apply the discount to your reservation. But the odds of getting a discount do not improve if you already have a reservation.

Ok fellow Disboarders! Does anyone have any inside info on when the Wilderness Lodge tree is going up this year???? I have searched, and it seems it went up about nine or ten days out every year except last year.....we are there Nov. 14-18, so that window would cover our stay :) All any CM will say is that it's before Thanksgiving, but I know there is a schedule :) Thanks!
From what I've been told by a cast member, Disney uses a lottery system to select the dates for the installation of the Christmas decorations at the resorts. I think that WL ended up with a very late date last year. There is no set schedule on when the decorations will go up at WL. They will all be finished by Thanksgiving, though.

One more question! Is anyone currently staying there and can show the room only bounce back that supposedly came out a few days ago??? I need to see the dates for next year :)
I really want to know this, too. If I find out I'll come back and post the information. :)

Do you think it would be ok to book a villa fall of 2016? The peacefulness of the lodge is what we love about it. We love the VWL! That's where we stayed in 2012 when we got married :)
We will be staying at the WL in January and I'm not worried about the construction at all. But the villas might be in the middle of some of the heavy construction by the time you are there in the fall. The rooms that face Bay Lake would be impacted the most. Villas facing the bus stop side of the resort will not be facing the construction area, so might be okay.

There really isn't benefit to booking a room 499 days out unless you want to guarantee that you will get a room for your dates. If you plan to go during a very popular time, like Christmas week, a time when there never are any discounts, then go ahead and book it. But, Disney will not guarantee the room rate if you book before that year's room rates are released. If you book a room with a 2017 date before the 2017 dates are announced, then they will adjust your reservation so that you are paying 2017 prices once those prices are announced.

If they announce a discount and there is availability for your dates, resort and room type, then they will apply the discount to your reservation. But the odds of getting a discount do not improve if you already have a reservation.

From what I've been told by a cast member, Disney uses a lottery system to select the dates for the installation of the Christmas decorations at the resorts. I think that WL ended up with a very late date last year. There is no set schedule on when the decorations will go up at WL. They will all be finished by Thanksgiving, though.

I really want to know this, too. If I find out I'll come back and post the information. :)

We will be staying at the WL in January and I'm not worried about the construction at all. But the villas might be in the middle of some of the heavy construction by the time you are there in the fall. The rooms that face Bay Lake would be impacted the most. Villas facing the bus stop side of the resort will not be facing the construction area, so might be okay.
Do you think there will be greater discounts because of the construction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter